Push50's Forum Introduction

Push50

Just a quick introduction.

I am 52 y/o at 5’6” and weigh in at 188 lbs.
I have been lifting for the better part of 8 years... I run a very clean diet 9 months out of the year and even in the months that my diet is not as clean; I still strive to eat healthy.
At the age of 48, I entered my first amateur bodybuilding competition and have competed in two others since then. This was a bucket list item and I have not decided if I will compete again, however, I still run a cycle or two a year and maintain a healthy life style so that if I decide to I am ready. When I am not on a cycle, I am on TRT which includes 200 mg/Test Cyp./wk, 1 mg/Anastrzol/wk and 500 Iu HcG/wk. This make post cycle a breeze.
My diet typically consists of Chicken, Fish, Shrimp and Steak (lean) 1-2 times a week for dinner, broccoli, asparagus, Brussel sprouts, green beans, and a carb with my evening meal. My meals are dependent on whether I am cutting or bulking and the only fluctuation is the volume that I take in and the addition of increased carbs and the assistance of mass gainers while bulking to push my calories up.
I seem to function very well on a low carb diet.
Current Macros:
Protein 50%
Carbs 25%
Fats 25%

Current RDI: 3000 calories- My meal plan has me hitting a caloric deficit of appx 500 calories a day.

I know that some will look at this and think! WTF is he doing? It has taken me a number of years to find what works for me, and keep in mind that not everyone falls in to some neat little mold. My diet stabilizes my insulin levels, which I track trough frequent testing of my A1C levels. When I am bulking increase, my carbs and I adjust them based on my A1C as well.

Reactions: IMT
Back