Questions about my diet with regards to losing weight more quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatInAsia

I'm almost 40 and need to lose 18kg. I'm currently 100kg (220# and 5'10"). I visited a local clinic in Asia and legitimately got a prescription for test-e. I know many suggest taking more, but I told the doc I'd prefer 125mg/twice a week if he felt it would work. Got my baselines and stayed near the clinic 3 weeks to ensure my AI was dialed in nicely (my E2 is the same as before injections and Test is >1500). My diet was not perfect while at the clinic, but now I'm home and returned to eating based off macros.

I eat a minimum 80g fat, 80g carb, 30g fiber, 180g protein (1760-1900 calories per day, I know it's a little low) and 6 liters of water minimum per day. My fat comes from coconut oil, chili oil, eggs, fish oil, nuts and a little from meat or dairy. Protein is mostly from whey, chicken, pork or eggs.

I also supplement with Orange Triad, 3g EPA/DHA, ZMA (bed time only) and plant sterols & psyllium fiber. The fish oil and multivitamins are spread out at meal times. I overdo it on fish oil, plant sterols and fiber because it seems to really keep my cholesterol in check.

I workout 7 days a week, and sit on my ass a lot otherwise while working on college stuff. I do a routine similar to PHAT routine because I like it and find it easy to stick with. I do 20 minutes cardio a day, except on non lifting days I do an hour. So it's a LIFT/LIFT/CARDIO/LIFT/LIFT/LIFT/CARDIO schedule that repeats.

I felt like all was in check, and expected to see 1.5kg (3#) a week weight loss. But at the end of the first week my weight has dropped only .3kg(under 1lb). I weigh myself daily upon waking.

I can think of three reasons
1. I'm failing at measuring my food. It's doubtful, as I measured before and lost 1kg a week. I have a scale and put all my food into Excel to track it.

2. Water gain? Can I really be retaining that much water to offset the weight loss? I drink tons and sweat massive amounts

3. Muscle gain? I thought gaining muscle wasn't likely when cutting fast. Or could it be that taking my test from 400 to >1500 allows for some muscle gain because of the 18kg of fat in my body?

I know my calories are lower than most would suggest. My plan was to keep calories around 1800 until I reach my end goal of 180# (82kg). That would allow fast weight loss now when I'm extra fatty, and slow weight loss as I get thinner and no tweaking of my diet. If there are some inherent dangers to this idea I'd like to know. So far my weight is dropping so slowly I don't see a risk. But I'd like to see some progress on weight loss I was hoping to be near my goal by August 15 (14 weeks for 35#?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back