Quick Calorie Question, As Best As I Can Explain.

What if someone doesn't meet the calorie by weight protocol for a bulking cycle yet they basically double their normal calorie intake? How much good would the doubling of the calories do instead of meeting let's say, 4000 calorie diet of a bulking phase? I'm having trouble explaining this question, I can feel it. So, comparing these three...
NO calorie increase vs.
DOUBLING calorie intake vs.
GOALS being met on calories?

thanks.

It depends on if doubling brings it close enough to what you should be eating.
Let's say 4000 is a bulk for you. You have to be eating at least 2000 cals a day already so double is your bulk.
But if you are eating 1500 cals which is weak...by doubling you are only at 3000 cals
A full 1000 cals below your bulk is a cut so it's no good.
But how much are you eating anyway? For me to bulk I need 3200 to 3500 cals. So I can cut easy with just 2400.
And you have to be eating about 2000 cals even if you don't care and just nibble and pic. I can't imagine a guy eating less than that.

I agree. Depends on how much you are doubling. What if he eats 1000 calories a day but his TDEE is 3500. Doubling it to 2000 will still leave him in a deficit -- just less of one.

It depends on if doubling brings it close enough to what you should be eating.
Let's say 4000 is a bulk for you. You have to be eating at least 2000 cals a day already so double is your bulk.
But if you are eating 1500 cals which is weak...by doubling you are only at 3000 cals
A full 1000 cals below your bulk is a cut so it's no good.
But how much are you eating anyway? For me to bulk I need 3200 to 3500 cals. So I can cut easy with just 2400.
And you have to be eating about 2000 cals even if you don't care and just nibble and pic. I can't imagine a guy eating less than that.

so basically even if one is to double their calorie intake it does no good. Must hit that goal? i was aiming at 3500 calories for 10 weeks (short cycle obviously). I did well for the first 6 weeks. It was my first cycle and I've learned alot.

But keep in mind...if your looking to maximize your gains eating at mass/bulk level is what you wanna do. Not that you can't gain muscle in a deficit using AAS but how much are you leaving on the table because your not eating enough.

keep in mind your metabolism is adaptive... eat 1000 cals a day long enough and your metabolism goes into starvation mode and slows to survive..

so if youre eating 1000 calories a day, i would slowly reverse diet to the maint calories you should be at

perfect example.. i have a current client who was on 1500 calories a day trying to lose weight.. 170lb guy.. horrible.. his weight wouldn't budge

i reverse diet him to 2500 calories.. he is losing an average of 2lbs a week..

why? because his metabolism sped up and didn't feel like it needed to slow down and allowed for weight loss.. pretty simple..

Back