RAD140, what is it, what does it do? Lets find out!

cybrsage

RAD140 is a SARM being created and tested by Radius Health for use in cancer patients and people with muscle wasting diseases. They are also investigating it for Alzheimer's Patients. What does it do? Well, it causes the body to build muscle if you do at least a little exercising. It makes the body WANT to build muscle and as such it goes into high gear doing it. A study on rats shows a "dramatic increase" in body weight from its use which was dose dependent, most of which was lean muscle. It also showed it had absolutely no harmful effects on the liver, though it did reduce both HDL and LDL cholesterol - one of which is good to go down, the other not so much.

Clinical chemistry indicated the expected lowering of lipids (LDL, HDL, triglycerides).28 Despite the rather dramatic increases in body weight over such a short time, there was no elevation of liver enzyme transaminase levels in any animal at any dose >2 fold over its baseline value.29,30 Given the well-established relationship between oral androgen use and liver stress indicators, we were quite pleased that at a dose 10-fold greater than the fully effective dose we saw minimal liver enzyme elevations.31Taken in sum, RAD140 has all the hallmarks of a SARM. It is potency selective, since it stimulates muscle weight increases at a lower dose than that required to stimulate prostate weight increases. Moreover, it is also efficacy selective, because it is fully anabolic on muscle but demonstrates less than complete efficacy on the prostate and seminal vesicles and, in fact, can partially antagonize the stimulation of the seminal vesicles induced by testosterone. RAD140 has excellent pharmacokinetics and is a potent anabolic in nonhuman primates as well. We believe the overall preclinical profile of RAD140 is very good, and the compound has completed preclinical toxicology in both rats and monkeys. We are currently preparing RAD140 for phase I clinical studies in patients suffering from severe weight loss due to cancer cachexia.
Design, Synthesis, and Preclinical Characterization of the Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator (SARM) RAD140

So what about Alzheimer's and other brain ailments? An initial study showed it has great promise for its neuroprotective properties, which is wonderful news!

Importantly, RAD140 was also neuroprotective in vivo using the rat kainate lesion model. In experiments with gonadectomized, adult male rats, RAD140 was shown to exhibit peripheral tissue-specific androgen action that largely spared prostate, neural efficacy as demonstrated by activation of androgenic gene regulation effects, and neuroprotection of hippocampal neurons against cell death caused by systemic administration of the excitotoxin kainate. These novel findings demonstrate initial preclinical efficacy of a SARM in neuroprotective actions relevant to Alzheimer's disease and related neurodegenerative diseases
Selective androgen receptor modulator RAD140 is neuroprotective in cultured neurons and kainate-lesioned male rats. - PubMed - NCBI

They are also testing it as a treatment for breast cancer!

The investigational drug RAD140, a nonsteroidal selective androgen receptor modulator, or SARM, is currently in preclinical development as a potential treatment for breast cancer. The androgen receptor (AR) is highly expressed in many estrogen receptor (ER)-positive breast cancers.
•Radius expects to commence a Phase 1 trial for the investigational drug RAD140 after making an Investigational New Drug (IND) submission in 2016.
Radius Health Has Submitted a Marketing Authorization Application for the Investigational Drug Abaloparatide-SC for the Treatment of Postmenopausal Osteoporosis in Europe (NASDAQ:RDUS)

However, due to other drugs appearing more promising for their needs, they have back-burnered RAD140 and have not started human trials.

RAD140

RAD140 is a nonsteroidal selective androgen receptor modulator, or SARM, that resulted from an internal drug discovery program that began in 2005. RAD140 has demonstrated potent anabolic activity on muscle and bone in preclinical studies and has completed 28-day preclinical toxicology studies in both rats and monkeys. Because of its high anabolic efficacy, receptor selectivity, potent oral activity and long duration half-life, we believe that RAD140 has clinical potential in a number of indications where the increase in lean muscle mass and/or bone density is beneficial, such as treating the weight loss due to cancer cachexia, muscle frailty and osteoporosis, and also in the treatment of breast cancer.

We may choose to advance the RAD140 program internally or to collaborate with third parties for its further development and commercialization. Therefore, the date of any FDA approval of RAD140, if ever, cannot be predicted at this time. As a result of the uncertainties around the development strategy for RAD140, we are unable to determine the duration and costs to complete current or future clinical stages of our RAD140 product candidate.
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1428522/000104746914005588/a2220482zex-99_1.htm

Yes Rad-140 is supressive bro some sarms are best ran with a form of test. They can be ran alone but really shine when grouped with AAS

Yes Rad-140 is supressive bro some sarms are best ran with a form of test. They can be ran alone but really shine when grouped with AAS

Thanks. I am not feeling Okay with AAS yet. So I'll probably stick with less/none supressive SARMs like S4, Osta etc.

They did not test RAD140 for suppression, but anectodally (ie, from what many body builders have said) it is suppressive. I would say not nearly as bad as LGD (which is very suppressive), but enough that you would not want to run it very long without also running testosterone with it.

If you do not want to inject test, then definitely stick with S4. Those of us on TRT are already permanently suppressed (or rather, we are naturally suppressed and TRT makes us normal again) so we do not care about things like suppression. It is the only silver lining with having testosterone deficiency.

They did not test RAD140 for suppression, but anectodally (ie, from what many body builders have said) it is suppressive. I would say not nearly as bad as LGD (which is very suppressive), but enough that you would not want to run it very long without also running testosterone with it.

If you do not want to inject test, then definitely stick with S4. Those of us on TRT are already permanently suppressed (or rather, we are naturally suppressed and TRT makes us normal again) so we do not care about things like suppression. It is the only silver lining with having testosterone deficiency.

Oh I see. Injecting is not a thing that I can do lol So no AAS for me...

I had very minimal sides with S4 on 60mg a day. So in my next cycle, I am planning to hit 80-100mg a day to see the difference.

The hunger issue makes me undecided about MK-677 because I am currently cutting, but I will figure it out soon.

Cyber, would you say RAD is more or less anabolic than LGD? I'm at the end of my 7th week of LGD and I'm up a very lean 15 lbs -- nothing short of extraordinary for a very hard gainer ectomorph like me. Do you think that a run of RAD would beat that? I'm already planning ahead to future research :)

Cyber, would you say RAD is more or less anabolic than LGD? I'm at the end of my 7th week of LGD and I'm up a very lean 15 lbs -- nothing short of extraordinary for a very hard gainer ectomorph like me. Do you think that a run of RAD would beat that? I'm already planning ahead to future research :)

Without medical testing, I cannot be sure of which is more suppressive. LGD is HIGHLY suppressive, so I would surmise RAD is less suppressive. That does not tell us its suppression level overall, though. For example, LGD is completely suppressive at a mere 1mg dose. 10mg a day is the recommended dose for RAD140. What if 5mg causes full suppression? That would make LGD 5 times more suppressive than RAD140, but both would be fully suppressive at the doses you will take.

Best way to be sure is to do blood work before starting RAD140 and then another blood work at the half way point in your run (2 weeks probably) to see what is going on. Then another at the end of your run to see if you need to do PCT. Have all the PCT goodies on hand BEFORE you start the run. It would suck to need them and not have them. Do this once and you will forever know how it works for you. If you do, please post your blood results. I would do it, but I am on TRT and am always suppressed.

What does it mean that Rad is "suppressive"?? I am new to peptides and thinking of trying Rad140 but doing my research.

What does it mean that Rad is "suppressive"?? I am new to peptides and thinking of trying Rad140 but doing my research.

Suppression means it will reduce your body's natural ability to produce testosterone - it will suppress the body's natural output. From what I have read, RAD140 it is only slightly suppressive. Injecting testosterone, for example, is highly suppressive - it will completely shut you down and your body will stop making its own test. LGD is also highly suppressive.

I always recommend doing a PCT after running any of the SARMs that have any level of suppression, just to be on the safe side. While studies have shown that people fully recovered naturally while even using LGD, I would not want to risk it. GW50 and MK677 do not need any PCT as they are completely non-suppressive.

Just wanted to bump this to see if anyone has recently seen any blood work regarding how suppressive RAD140 can be. I used it for about a month at about 15mg/day and at the time I was an idiot and didn't know a PCT should be used with SARMS. I had my testosterone levels checked in august of 2017 before or just when I started the rad140. The level was 493 ng/dl, range 250-829 ng/dl. After waiting several months I decide to run rad 140 again for about the same time same dosage. While I was still taking it towards the end of the cycle, my levels were 241 ng/dl and 258 ng/dl both taken around 9am 4 days apart. FSH was 1.9 miU/ml, range 1.6-8.0, LH was 2.5 miU/ml, range 1.5-93. Is it possible my levels would drop over 200 points? Also, I know I screwed up so no need to point it out. Already feel like crap.

Back