Read stickies..still need a meal plan. Do not know anything about dieting

comrade00

I am banned!
Hey guys, I need someone to write me up or show me a good meal plan. Yes I read stickies but it does not have any specific meal plans of what to eat and at what times. I suck at dieting. For the longest I thought I hit a platou...so at age 19 I did a month of oral Halo and got great gains but got convinced by a friend that it will only help me look good for a few years and then destroy me the rest of my life so I got off.

Wanted to get on injectibles but after talking to some of you, I am now convinced that at my age a good diet is all I need.And I agree because I do think I look good for the kind of diet I am on(the worst one you can imagine, eating no breakfast because I wake up too late, McDonalds for lunch or some other fast food, than some microwavable crap for dinner and almost no fruits or vegetables)

The main reason is, I do now know anything about what to eat and what not to eat and what times to eat at. The second reason is I do now know how to cook, but I am already working on changing that, I been watching vids and reading up.

My stats are:
Body Fat: 15%
180lbs
5'9

Current workout program is a 4 day split:
Monday:Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Tuesday:Back/Biceps
Wednesday:Rest
Thursday:Quads/Calves
Friday:Rest
Saturday:Hams/Calves
Sunday:Rest

The rep range is usually 8-10 reps on most workouts, only high rep range I do is I usually do 15 reps of something to warm up and about 30 reps of something all the way at the end just to kill it. But the beginning and end is the only times I go over 10 reps.
I do avg 10 min of cardio on workout days. On days off, I do 15 min but I also do abs/forearms on rest days but no longer than 25 min.

Now for goals, this is going to be kind of complicated. I know the most basic question is, cutting or bulking. and one is eat a lot, and second is cut down on carbs..but my goal is in between. I already have some good size everywhere but I want to cut it up, however I still want my strength to keep going up. For example, one of my goals is I want to be able to squat 6 plates for 5 reps by next summer(current at 4 and a half plates, can do 5 plates for 2 reps with no spot). I want to keep getting bigger but I do not want to blow up and get fat, I want to get hard gains. I know this is a slow method but I am willing to do it.

I do not know how many calories I need to intake per day and what foods to eat, but I am open for any meal plan you guys show me. I am sick and tired of working harder than most people at the gym and getting very slow results.

I am willing to go to store this week and buy everything I need

Last edited:
How about you start with cutting out all fast foods and heavily processed foods. That would be a major change. Next, don't worry about counting carbs and protein because right now I think you just need to focus on beginning to eat properly, and not the little details that will come later.

Buy yourself a family pack of boneless/skinless chicken breasts, lightly season them, and use that as a foundation for protein in your meals. Make brown rice or sweet potatoes for carbs, and add some steamed vegetables. Eggs for breakfast with some wheat toast or oatmeal. Don't worry too much about 'how much' right now, just focus on making healthier meals and gradually making the change.

If you try and do everything all at once, it can be very overwhelming. Also, in addition to what I said, increase your water intake. Most people are dehydrated as is, so it never hurts to double the amount of water you normally consume.

I hope that gives you something to work off of..

How about you start with cutting out all fast foods and heavily processed foods. That would be a major change. Next, don't worry about counting carbs and protein because right now I think you just need to focus on beginning to eat properly, and not the little details that will come later.

Buy yourself a family pack of boneless/skinless chicken breasts, lightly season them, and use that as a foundation for protein in your meals. Make brown rice or sweet potatoes for carbs, and add some steamed vegetables. Eggs for breakfast with some wheat toast or oatmeal. Don't worry too much about 'how much' right now, just focus on making healthier meals and gradually making the change.

If you try and do everything all at once, it can be very overwhelming. Also, in addition to what I said, increase your water intake. Most people are dehydrated as is, so it never hurts to double the amount of water you normally consume.

I hope that gives you something to work off of..

Ya that helped some, only question is...white rice vs brown rice...does it really matter

Back