Redhead 1st time ever trying melanotan – important question!!!

gymfreak28

Since I´ve been really young… I have been extremelly self-conscious about my pale skin-tone and red hair… I am taking the plunge for the first time ever… after reading and researching for months on end about melanotan… and am going to finally try either Melanotan I or Melanotan II…. I have some serious questions and will really appreciate any help and responses from anybody who has tried this stuff and their personal experience… Not meaning to sound rude, but just so you know upfront… I have never in my entire life smoked cigarettes or done any type of drugs, steroids etc… so this is quite a big step and a serious thing for me..

I have red hair with brown eyes and I use to have tons of freckles all over my face, entire arms and shoulders. Due to “IPL Laser” I have managed to get rid of pretty much all my freckles… I virtually have no freckles at all on my face.. and just a small amount on my arms. Thankfully due to very minimal sun exposure, keeping in the shade at all times, and constantly wearing sunscreen, I have managed to prevent my freckles from returning on my face and arms even though it has been an amazing 6 years since the last time I had IPL done.

Anyways I am heading overseas in approx. 2 weeks time to Europe during their summer period for a period of 4 months and will be spending most of my time in the Greek Islands, Ibiza etc… I go to the gym regularly and have a good body… and for once in my life… I really would like to be able to enjoy my trip and the beaches etc... rather than being ashamed to take my top off at the beach as I am extremely self-conscious about looking so pasty white…

(Please nobody suggest I try using fake tan etc.. because its just too messy and just not the same as a real tan… Plus I am a male and its is really embarrassing when girls find out you use this stuff)

Anyways I have decided that I only want to be injecting extremely small dosages of this stuff at a time… and letting it build up slowly… just because I have been reading the “melanotan.org” forums for a while now and have read so many horror stories with side-effects etc.. Atleast this way I can monitor any side-effects, any darkening of freckles or any new freckles/moles popping up etc.. And can stop if I notice a significant amount of new freckles or darkening of exisiting freckles.

Okay, now for the serious questions that I hope some people can help us out with;

1) What are you thoughts on taking extremely small dosages.. and letting it get into your system slowly and slowly letting it build up? Is this a good or bad idea? Or will it only work if you inject a certain amount each time?

2) Do you know if any new freckles/moles that pop up as a result of melanotan will eventually fade or go away once you have stopped using it… or do they just stay there??

*This is quite important, because I don’t want all these freckles popping up on my face etc… and end up staying there?? I know I can do “IPL Laser” again if I have to… but it is quite expensive and extremely painful… have you ever had IPL done on your face… trust me I couldn’t think of anything more painful

3) Has anyone ever experienced or heard of any permanent skin discolouration or hyperpigmentation that has resulted as a result of melanotan that doesn’t eventually go away? Or any skin problems for that matter?

*this might have a serious effect on the decision of wether I end up injecting melanotan or not?

ps. hyperpigmentation - means darkening of skin in certain areas that doesn’t go away…

4) Will I still be able to get a tan or obtain some sort of a sunkissed-glow, with very minimal sun exposure and absolutely no visits to the solarium?

*This is a serious question… because even though I will be in the Greek Islands during summer, and I live in sunny Australia… I will be doing my absolute best to protect myself from the sun at all times.. whether it be wearing sunscreen and staying in the shade etc… (no matter what anyone else says… I know for a fact that the sun makes existing freckles get darker and new freckles pop up… so I will be doing my absolute best to prevent this from happening..)

*When I was 18yrs old I use to go to the solarium a lot… and ended up building a decent nice looking tan… However, knowing what I know now…under NO circumstance will I be visiting any solariums due the following horror stories below... where one person got skin cancer from visiting a solarium only 15times.
youtube.com/watch?v=5Z9CcbdL-Jo
youtube.com/watch?v=_KmHEJXYZrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=dQSJNbiH480

*So therefore, the main question is - will I be able to get a tan or any type of sun-kissed glow… with minimal sun-exposure and NO solarium visits??
(the reason I ask this… because I know alot of people have had really good results from melanotan.. but I am also aware that the majority of them sunbaked as much as possible and used solariums religiously..)

5) Should I purchase Melanotan I or Melanotan II?
There is mixed reviews and opinions… so which do you think will work best for me (melanotan 1 or 2??)
(remember – I have red hair, pale skin… hoping to achieve a tan with minimal sun exposure.. etc..)

6) Which supplier should I order from?
Okay… this is really IMPORTANT… the quality of the product makes a huge difference… because you see some people end up with really good results and others with bad results.... no jokes.. I had a friend who’s skin literally turned out looking “piss yellow” from this stuff and I also had another friend buy some “melanotan-2” from a guy at our uni… and even with constant sunbaking and regular solarium visits his results were hardly noticeable… Then approx. 6 months later he used some that his girlfriend had… and ended up with an awesome looking tan.

I have been looking into the following 2 suppliers below.. simply because I live in Australia and they ship there product directly from within Australia (australia has banned melanotan coming in from overseas)… has anyone had any experience or ever used any of the two suppliers listed below and could recommend them? Or if not can you recommend a good supplier??
*pure-peptides.com
*europatan.eu

7) Darkening of hair?
Does anyone know usually after how many mg’s into the cycle or how after many weeks the following usually occurs;
*darkening of hair
*darkening of facial hair

8) Final Question – can anyone recommend a good supplier that ships to lower Europe?
Seeing that I am going to be spending 4 months in the Greek Island.. I want to be maintaining my tan and continue injecting small dosages of melanotan… rather than just stopping completely.. and letting it all leave my system… and have to start again from scratch… so can anyone recommend any good suppliers that ship to places like Greece?
(I do not want to be taking this stuff with me through the airport when leaving Australia for overseas.. the vial just screams trouble at airport security)

Also I know this stuff needs to be kept in the fridge… but what about the period it takes while the supplier posts it out to you and you eventually get it? Doesn’t this affect the quality of the product? Also how do you recommend I keep the product cold while travelling throughout Europe??

THANK YOU GUYS FOR ANY HELP… IT REALLY, REALLY, DOES MEAN A LOT TO ME FOR ANYONE WHO TAKES THEIR PERSONAL TIME TO REPLY BACK!!!

simple if your skin type is VERY pale with freckels, you probibly won.t tan, and will get only more freckles. sorry

If you cant tan by genetics, MT2 won't make you tan where your skin cant hold pigment, freckls will though.. some people have genetics that wont let them (pale frackle read heads for one)

worth a try though.
just know what to possibly expect.
good luck

Last edited:
Also, when in powder and in med-cold temps (even mild room temp) its not too bad on the peptide, but I would still rec you keep it in fridge even before it is mixed.
once mixes THATS when it is even more important to keep in fridge. (DONT put powder or once mixed in freezer!)

where to rec?
Well I have said it before because from personal exp with lab studys, I was always happy.

I rec RUI-products for any research peptides, they are a sponsore here.
there is a banner up top.

OK I have been going through this the last two weeks. I am very dark by nature. I have been running Melatonan II for 13 days. I am so dark I am almost purple looking. My freckles are GROWING at an ALARMING rate !!

Serious. Be careful. You don't have the genetic pre-disposition to tan...but your freckles do !!

If I were you I'd stay away from it !!

I should mention I recently have been readign into peptides, so this is just what I googled.
not 100% sure if its right.

Back