Rousey vs Carmouche

fitnessgeek

Been looking forward to the card for awhile. History's being made with the first female fight in the UFC!

Ronda Rousey vs. Liz Carmouche - for women's bantamweight title
Rousey wins this easy.

Dan Henderson vs. Lyoto Machida
Henderson's got that great right hand, but I think Machido will counter strike him.
Machida by decision

Urijah Faber vs. Ivan Menjivar
Faber's got this.

Court McGee vs. Josh Neer
I think Josh Neer should be able to hand the former TUF winner.

Josh Koscheck vs. Robbie Lawler
Koshcheck by grinding decision.

Just to play devil's advocate (not disagreeing with predictions necessarily)

Carmouche has got some serious pipes on her and no quit - her strength and aggressiveness will wear Rousey down .... Rousey has never been out of the first round or been tested - both should happen in this fight. Carmouche has more to gain and a better chance as the fight goes on. Carmouche wins by close decision.

Henderson never stops coming forward and should be able to take Machida down at will .... Getting hit is nothing new to Hendo and should not slow him down. Hendo wins this one in a pretty boring fight by grinding it out with dirty boxing in the clinch and repeated takedowns with Olympic caliber ground control.

Faber should handle Menjivar by decision - can't see a valid point for age over youth and Faber's experience. Hard to find tougher training and training partners than Team Alpha Male at that weight class.

McGee is incredibly strong at this weight class and can take a world of punishment - gets ahold of Neer's neck and wins by choke .... Although not without taking some damage.

Lawler has been off the big stage for a long time and needs to win badly - Koscheck has always been susceptible to superior striking (remember his eye from St. Pierre's jab) ... Lawler will be quick enough after dropping a weight class to avoid the takedown and keep things standing .... Lawler wins by TKO after catching him with a big punch.

You have point about Carmouche. It would be interesting to see how Rousey does against some adversity. Rousey is just so tenacious on the ground though.

By the way ws2006-I like your avatar. What's your martial arts backgournd?

Last edited:
You have point about Carmouche. It would be interesting to see how Rousey does against some adversity. Rousey is just so tenacious on the ground though.

By the way ws2006-I like your avatar. What's your martial arts backgournd?

I am working on my 2nd degree black belt for TKD, have trained quite a bit in karate also but not a black belt - also some BJJ through seminars but no official belt. A little mma but got into it too late in life to do much with it. Avatar was me on my 40th birthday after I broke that concrete block I am holding with a hammer fist.

I am working on my 2nd degree black belt for TKD, have trained quite a bit in karate also but not a black belt - also some BJJ through seminars but no official belt. A little mma but got into it too late in life to do much with it. Avatar was me on my 40th birthday after I broke that concrete block I am holding with a hammer fist.

That's awsome bro!
I got into mma a little late in life too although I still have "delusions" of one day having a match. I love the training and the guys at my dojo encourage me to give a go...I just turned 40 so we'll see.

I'm a blue belt in japanese jiu-jitsu-still a white in BJJ.
I studied Enshin karate for while but stopped because it conflicted with my muay thai.

Back