Scienceteacher’s first cycle log

Also can I pin ventro glutes with a 25g X 1***8221; or is that too short? 23g makes me feel like a pussy lol

I occasionally even pin my glutes with 27g. Needle size honestly doesn't matter THAT much, worst case you'll pin one shot sub-q.
I do prefer 25g everywhere, its the best compromise between flow and size for me.

Hit chest tonight, and got another 1RM at 295. So that's 25lbs up from 270 where I started. I also used to have insane bicep and deltoid pain when lifting due to the scar tissue in my bicep. This has been non-existent for the past two weeks. I also weighed in at 176lb, which seems like where I should be. I have no idea what happened two weeks ago when I weighed in at 183. Sprints and training are also going great although my back feels like the muscles are going to pop off anytime I hit the bag for an extended period of time. Calfs also get super pumped when sprinting, but idk I kinda like the feeling.

I tried to inject ventroglutes yesterday, but got nervous right before. I started getting worried I wasn't on the muscle. I decided I need to get leaner before I try that one. I did try deltoids though, and so far have had almost no pip. I thought it would be the worst because of the muscles smaller size, but it has actually been the best injection so far. I think I must be tensing up my quads and glutes before injection.

Anyway things are going great. Very mild acne, but I get it occasionally anyway. Its not noticeable. Sex drive is still fantastic, and the wife has been thankful lol. She still feels slightly awkward about the AAS, but also glad I told her about it. Still enjoying the ride!

So here is a pic from tonight, which would now be 1 month into the cycle.View attachment 567553

I occasionally even pin my glutes with 27g. Needle size honestly doesn't matter THAT much, worst case you'll pin one shot sub-q.
I do prefer 25g everywhere, its the best compromise between flow and size for me.

Hey I appreciate the advice! I actually got nervous and just pinned my deltoid instead. I did use a 25g and it went great with the least amount of pip ive had so far.

Hey I appreciate the advice! I actually got nervous and just pinned my deltoid instead. I did use a 25g and it went great with the least amount of pip ive had so far.

Have to laugh a little with all your attention to and hesitation concerning injections. Not at YOU but how most all the noobs do.

But listen there isn't much at all that can hurt you with injecting. That is, as long as you use sterile protocol. Aside from infections not much can cause any damage. As we know just PIP.

At you Vent glute remember to flex and you'll feel the knot so to speak. Almost every other location you'll find that ya hardly have to look if you just flex.

Doing good bro,
OMM

Have to laugh a little with all your attention to and hesitation concerning injections. Not at YOU but how most all the noobs do.

But listen there isn't much at all that can hurt you with injecting. That is, as long as you use sterile protocol. Aside from infections not much can cause any damage. As we know just PIP.

At you Vent glute remember to flex and you'll feel the knot so to speak. Almost every other location you'll find that ya hardly have to look if you just flex.

Doing good bro,
OMM

Thanks Mike, I might try vent glute tonight.

Quick update, sex drive has gotten out of control lol. I have had sex everyday for the past 5 days, and still haft to jack off just to keep myself sane lol. I take my relationship with my wife seriously, and so I’m having to either have sex or masturbate before anytime I go into public. Yesterday my wife and I had sex, and she asked if we could try and go again right after. I have talked to her a million times about how it’s just impossible for me to do that without waiting awhile. I even showed her the science behind it. As I was telling her this again this time, I was surprised to see my little guy Start rising up like rocky after he fought Mr.T. I couldn’t believe it, we went another round after about a 30 sec break. I felt like a proud dad after watching his son get back to the huddle after taking a big hit on the field

Quick update, sex drive has gotten out of control lol. I have had sex everyday for the past 5 days, and still haft to jack off just to keep myself sane lol. I take my relationship with my wife seriously, and so I’m having to either have sex or masturbate before anytime I go into public. Yesterday my wife and I had sex, and she asked if we could try and go again right after. I have talked to her a million times about how it’s just impossible for me to do that without waiting awhile. I even showed her the science behind it. As I was telling her this again this time, I was surprised to see my little guy Start rising up like rocky after he fought Mr.T. I couldn’t believe it, we went another round after about a 30 sec break. I felt like a proud dad after watching his son get back to the huddle after taking a big hit on the field

This has to be one of the best write ups I’ve seen in years.

Alrighty so I hit another PR tonight. This has actually happened every single week since I started. This time the jump was much more noticeable however. I have been really excited every week because I was able to add more reps of 225lb on incline press each week. When I started this cycle I was able to do 225lb for 4-6 reps. I've moved up every week and got 225lb for 8 last week. I was really excited to lift tonight because my goal was to be able to do 225lb for 10 reps by the end of this cycle. Well I loaded up the bar and made the last minute decision to move to 235lb last minute. I HIT THAT JUNT FOR 9 REPS ON MY FIRST SET!!! I know that doesn't seem like much to most guys here, but it almost freaked me out when I picked the weight up. I mean it felt like my warm-up weight, and it was an easy controlled 9 reps. I know I could've probably hit 12 if I had decided to start cheating my last reps. I'm just trying to be careful not to tear anything lol. Ive also upped my mui tai training to 4 days a week. I almost feel bad doing jui jitsu right now lol. The strength change is getting noticeable when I roll. I'm not crazy technical yet, but lately if I get frustrated I can just muscle out of a submission or my partner into one lol.

The scale tonight says I weigh 181lbs. In the picture I feel like I look less defined, but Ive also really really upped my calorie and water intake. I'm now eating 3,500-4,000 calories per day. I also want to share my new breakfast addiction. Im in love with overnight oats, and thinking of proposing soon lol. 1 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (not 1-minute oats), 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 tsp vanilla extract, cinnamon to taste. Anyway here is the picture, I can't tell I've gotten any bigger. I guess that's the goal for me though. I would love to be benching 350 and also weigh in at 155, but I have no idea if that's even possible. If it is possible comment that ish on here to give me something to hope for lol!

View attachment 567573

Be very careful with the new strength. Use it to build muscle and not to tear cartilage, ligaments, or tendons. The strength boost on my first cycle was amazing. I was strong when I started but soon felt super human. Congrats bro. Enjoy and be careful

Be very careful with the new strength. Use it to build muscle and not to tear cartilage, ligaments, or tendons. The strength boost on my first cycle was amazing. I was strong when I started but soon felt super human. Congrats bro. Enjoy and be careful

Ya know I remember when I used to have strength jumps like this. Sorry it doesn't happen like that now for me. It is hard for some of us to control or know how to handle the long term effects of these strength jumps. We know that our bodies as per where our joints , ligaments and tendons are, they are not ready to lift the heavy weight but we do.

Hell it's fun but not good for the long haul. I now look at the use of high reps to strengthen up all the connectors and joints, when I am a bulking and strengthening phase by using heavy weight.

You know we all are in a hurry and we want to get big now... ha not me :Pat: , ... :dunno:

I'm now 67 and all my joints are fvcked.I will admit that some are screwed due to my competitive water skiing. Bad shoulder due to dislocation on a slalom course etc...

OMM
Good Luck , be careful and try to incorporate the high rep movements with the low rep heavy and the MR x1 workouts

The strength jumps are fun though.
This cycle I went from PB leg press at 125kg x10 reps and in 2 weeks I was up at 240kg x7 reps but then I started getting back issues so dropped it.
Also got insane pain UNDER my feet which was connected to the back issues.

The strength jumps are fun though.
This cycle I went from PB leg press at 125kg x10 reps and in 2 weeks I was up at 240kg x7 reps but then I started getting back issues so dropped it.
Also got insane pain UNDER my feet which was connected to the back issues.

Now at my age , generally speaking I stay in a lot of pain. :( I am sure it is from lifting heavy most all the time. Heavy for me. I never lifted really heavy as most think but heavy for me. It all relative.

OMM

Last edited:
Now at my age , generally speaking I stay in a lot of pain. :( I am sure it is from lifting heavy most all the time. Heavy for me. I never lifted really heavy as most think but heavy for me. It all relative.
OMM

Stubborn as we all are, I learned that the hard way myself this cycle. Both shoulder and forearm injuries, the later totally fucked my cycle and gains. Wasn't really the best timing to stop training 3 weeks before PCT lol...
Shit is what it is, at least I learned a valuable lesson and hopefully before I did any serious injury to my (now) aging body.

Plus, I get good, if not better gains when i'm not pushing weight and are actually pushing myself.

I also suffer from Osteoarthritis, bursitis, 4 protruding lumbar discs .
And a spinal fusion ha,still problems.

Getting up here ya know. Everyone will its not that much fun.

OMM

I honestly appreciate the advice here. If I’m being honest what Mike said is absolutely true. I know I shouldn’t be pushing the weight to hard, but im an addict now lol. I know the risk, but it’s just so tempting to jump weight.
Last night I benched 265 for 5 reps easy, and all I can think about is trying 275 for 5 this Friday. 275 just looks so beautiful on the bench press ya know? I should probably wait a week though, but it’s just so addictive to be able to add 5 or 10 pounds every workout. I also just recently switched to a low back squat, and love it. This is the first time in my life I’ve actually started to enjoy squatting. And that’s good because I’m using a program from mark rippetoe and so I squat 3 days a week lol.
I still weigh 180, but have gotten waaaay stronger. I’ll post a picture later

Yeh I’ve always squatted like I was taught in high school and always hated it. You know bar sitting on the top of my traps, chest up, back as straight as possible, eyes and head up, and trying with all my might not to bend over at all throughout the movement. I even started using a squat pad because it was so uncomfortable. Now I just learned a proper low back position squat. Now I can go waaay deeper than parallel and I squat shirtless exclusively now lol. Also just little things like pushing my knees outward so I can go deep without those ligaments pinching or whatever they do that hurts lol. Also making sure to keep the weight centered over my mid foot for the entire movement. It just feels like an athletic movement to me now, but before it just sucked pure and simple for me.

Back