Second Cycle Deca vs. NPP

AntM1564

I am going to order my supplies for my second cycle in the coming weeks.

I have been contemplating test e/deca or test c/npp. I have been doing some reading on NPP and just wanted to tie up some lose ends.

I know lean mass is going to come down to diet. From my reading, deca will make one retain more water. So, once the water is gone during PCT, would lean mass from deca and NPP be the same (given training and nutrition were the same for both cycles). If that doesn't make sense, I can clarify further.

I have seen many logs and post where gyno and prolactin are issues with NPP, is the risk of these lower with deca? I would order caber and everything else that is needed to combat. It just seems NPP is more likely to cause this from what I have seen as opposed to deca.

Besides less water retention, is NPP really worth the extra cost? From what I understand, it will cost more because per ml, there is less npp vs deca.

My goal for the cycle would be to increase strength and gain more lean mass, which I know comes to diet, but I don't care about bloating since I know the water would come off at some point.

Deca and NPP are the same active ingredient nandrolone. Deca has a 14 day half life and NPP about 3.5 days. So in terms of effects you should see no difference. Some folks consider the shorter esters to be dryer, can't comment on that.

In terms of cost, from one source one brand was 66% more expensive and another brand 100% more expensive for the NPP.

The main advantage I see with NPP is it will come on a lot faster, and in terms of recovery will clear your system a lot faster.

What causes water retention ?
I thought it was E2 being really high ?
Or does some compounds just naturally hold water more than others ?

Does nandrolone work the same way as tren (both being 19-nor) ? High E2 is the precursor to get high prolactin ?

I would personally stick with test only for a second cycle again. But if you're dead set on using deca or NPP which are the same one has a longer half life then the other and price definitely k ow that if you dose it incorrectly you will get deca dick in another words your E2 will go through the roof and you won't be able to perform. I dose my deca 1/2-1. For every 100mg of test do 50mg of deca. So if you're doing 600mg of test do 300 mg of deca for one. Second have an AI and have some caber in hand in case you get a gyno flare up. Other then that some other folks could shime in with more info.

Edit: most of the folks who use NPP that I am aquainted with are folks who are in the circuit meaning they compete 2+ times a year. But that's just my experience of who uses it around my circles.

Last edited:
In order of price deca is cheaper (in my country), i have done deca a few times and everything was fine... if you have problems npp will be out of your system faster... is about to try

What causes water retention ?
I thought it was E2 being really high ?
Or does some compounds just naturally hold water more than others ?

Does nandrolone work the same way as tren (both being 19-nor) ? High E2 is the precursor to get high prolactin ?
high estrogen will cause it and dbol is the culprit.

high estrogen will cause it and dbol is the culprit.

So deca doesn't cause more bloating than NPP?

I dug a little deeper and it seems as though most people say that a longer ester does not cause more bloating (deca, test e, etc) than a shorter ester, but rather diet and estrogen, as you mentioned. If that is the case, why does it seem as though most experience bloating with deca?

Again, bloating is not a big deal to me. I want to get one more good bulk cycle in, although I want quality mass versus a higher scale weight, before I cut later this year.

My overall concern is overall mass, I am assuming they will be the same, correct.

Also, I'm on TRT. I don't know if either deca or npp is better in that scenario.

So deca doesn't cause more bloating than NPP?

I dug a little deeper and it seems as though most people say that a longer ester does not cause more bloating (deca, test e, etc) than a shorter ester, but rather diet and estrogen, as you mentioned. If that is the case, why does it seem as though most experience bloating with deca?

Again, bloating is not a big deal to me. I want to get one more good bulk cycle in, although I want quality mass versus a higher scale weight, before I cut later this year.

My overall concern is overall mass, I am assuming they will be the same, correct.

Also, I'm on TRT. I don't know if either deca or npp is better in that scenario.
what dosages of npp have you used and whats the most youve taken?

Back