Shut down from natural test boosters!? post cycle therapy (pct) or Start Cycle?

sindudar

Shut down from natural test boosters!? PCT or Start Cycle?

first post here. great forum. learned a ton. thanks guys!

I've been on 'natural testosterone boosters' like tribulus terrestris and longjack (lj100) for about 1 year now. been taking 5 days on 2 days off or 3 weeks on 1 week off...

prior to using these natural boosters I tested about 460 for total test (last year)
last month I did a new blood test and I picked up the results couple of days ago.
total testosterone 284(!!), SHBG 17.5, LH 6.8(!)

is it possible that I have been shut down from the tongkat/longjack and tribulus after running them for so long?

Now, last week prior to knowing the results I had 2 shots of Test Cyp @ 200mg each and some Nolva (as I was preparing to start a Test Cycle)

So after these testosterone results, I'm not sure what to do...

Continue with the planned 10 week 400mg/week Test Cyp Cycle and run HCG in parallel @ 500iu/week + Nolva (HCG to keep balls running)
OR stop/delay the Test shots and do just some post cycle therapy (pct) like some HCG shots + Nolva..

I'm doing another complete blood test (20 tests) and seeing an urologist to check my balls and see if they are alright and why they are not producing... I don't feel lumps, they don't hurt, I don't pee blood etc but I am concerned...

If it's a side effect of the 'natural supplement' i guess that's fine and i should have been more careful with it.. but i never knew or never imagined that a natural plant/herb can shut me off... esp since my LH level seems good and me running the supplements prior to that blood test... (maybe my body just got desensitized to them!?)

Anyway guys.. If you have any experience with this, advice or suggestion I'm all years.
I think this is the right place to find some of the most knowledgeable people I could ever find on the subject so thanks a lot.

Cheers!
Ben

Meathead96 - is PhytoSerms yours? Trib boosts LH right? You're positive stuff like tongkat/trib won't desensitize leydig cells to LH with time?

I thought trib was total bullshit. the only otc test booster that might work is DAA and even thats debatable. Is this even possible?

Like Jameson said, Trib was proven to not have any effect on test levels I'll post a study here in a second, and longjack might slightly improve test levels, but at a stupidly high dose (500mg/kg bodyweight). The reason people think they bost test levels is because they do help sexual function so they figure it boosts test because they are more ready to go. So with that being said I highly doubt it has anything to do with the test boosters, and there may be a different problem going on, so drop your cycle and do PCT and go see your urologist. You don't want to be mid cycle getting tests done just for the sake of accuracy, if there is something really wrong, you want to catch it right away and not have AAS altering test results and making it harder to find the problem

Dickey - good thoughts and links thanks... I got blood drawn for ~20 tests on Saturday... getting results tomorrow & seeing Uro on Wed... Today would be pin day for 3rd shot, 200 test cyp and 250iu hcg... not sure what Uro would think about my cycle though.. never saw him before.

I find that people in the medical community are usually just as bad as the rest of the world in terms of not liking AAS, sometimes worse because they think they went to med school and that makes them immune to ever being wrong. Every once in a while you get lucky and find a doc who is fine with it, or at least willing to not be condescending about it

i believe that natty test boosters do lower t levels, when i got my test levels checked when i was 18 they were great, i started taking driven sports test boosters, cycled as instructed and y natty test went from high 800s to ~200ng/dl, i got put on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), i blasted and now im doing pct to see if it'll come back to natty, going on week 3 of pct and it feels like shit but ill post results

i believe that natty test boosters do lower t levels, when i got my test levels checked when i was 18 they were great, i started taking driven sports test boosters, cycled as instructed and y natty test went from high 800s to ~200ng/dl, i got put on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), i blasted and now im doing pct to see if it'll come back to natty, going on week 3 of pct and it feels like shit but ill post results

Wow...you were at 800 and then went down to 200 from natties without any injury or tumors to your balls eh? that's NUTS man... That is my plan do... Stopp natty, do a 10 week test cycle with hcg while on... recover with Nolva... and hopefully recover with higher levels than pre-cycle.. which is possible... keep me posted.. it's a great story if you pull it off!!

Wow...you were at 800 and then went down to 200 from natties without any injury or tumors to your balls eh? that's NUTS man... That is my plan do... Stopp natty, do a 10 week test cycle with hcg while on... recover with Nolva... and hopefully recover with higher levels than pre-cycle.. which is possible... keep me posted.. it's a great story if you pull it off!!

i dont have a tumour (we checked) and they never tried blasting me with nolva/clomid, they just put me on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), but pct makes me feel exactly like i felt when i had low t so i dont think my recovery is working :p

i dont have a tumour (we checked) and they never tried blasting me with nolva/clomid, they just put me on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), but post cycle therapy (pct) makes me feel exactly like i felt when i had low t so i dont think my recovery is working :p

do you know what your LH levels were when you had 200 testo? My 284 reading came with good LH so I don't know if Nolva would have worked.. this whole nutty shut down seems to be more common than I thought though...

got results on some more blood work. not looking rosy: bad ldl/hdl profile, high estradiol, high cortisol, low vit d are the highlights.
blood test was done after 2 shots of 200 test cyp (2nd shot was Thur, test was Sat Morning)

doc (uro) wants me to stop cycle after 3 x 200 test cyp shot (1.5 weeks, 600 mg total) wait 15 days to clear it up do more blood work and speak to endo.. and let endo decide what's right.. if testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), cycles, etc

do you guys think I need post cycle therapy (pct) at this stage or I will do fine for 15-20 days until new test and endocrinology visit?
uro was quite against me putting any more substances or suppressing anything else at this point... so he was saying no tamoxifen but i don't know if he knows what he's talking about... i'm willing to play along to find the right solution though...

i'll work on getting a kick ass diet with estrogen inhibitors and meditate more until the next test and see if that changes things :-s

any feedback on results or opinions?
thanks!

Back