six weeks to increase your body's ability to burn fat

ronrr

just read this and thought id share it.
its simple and straight to the point.

Follow these steps over the next six weeks to increase your body's ability to burn fat

Week Strategy
1 >> Reduce carbs by half for four days
>> Eliminate carbs from your last meal of the day

2 >> Add two 30'40-minute cardio sessions per week
>> Add 50 g protein and 5'8 g leucine per day

3 >> Add a fat-burner
>> Cut carbs further on one of your low-carb days

4 >> Schedule 40 minutes of medium- to high-intensity cardio postworkout or first thing in the morning

5 >> Have a 500'700-calorie cheat meal on one of your regular-carb days
>> Add 50% more sets to your weight workouts

6 >> Take a three-day break from the entire plan, then start again if needed

Im down. Its old school I know but I don't use carbs after 5pm when I cut. I'm in bed by 8:30pm.

I don't use fat burners, but Im not a competitive bodybuilder so no need. 7% bf is as low as I go.

So basically, increase exercise and reduce calories. :p

There's honestly no difference between carb restriction and fat restriction when it comes to caloric reductions. I know Zilla pulled up a fantastic study proving this once and for all. Of course, this excludes ketogenic dieting and CKD as those work with manipulating insulin.

I would also caution doing something like this long-term, as my experience has been that drastically increasing cardio and set numbers in conjunction with dropping calories really does a number on the mind. You inevitably become weaker, and start to lose endurance - at which point, continuing on with it falls into question.

I'm by no means a diet guru, but I've pretty much have tried a lot of different approaches to find what works for me. This obviously will work, but it's really a fancy way of restating calories in vs calories out.

My .02c :)

but what if i dropped carb and made up my calories by uping my protein intake

If you drop carbs to around 50g or less per day, you'll enter ketosis. This isn't a terrible thing, but if your main source of calories isn't fats in this state, your body will convert protein into glucose (de novo glucogenesis), which would kick you back out of ketosis - making life difficult.

You need a source of energy on TOP of protein; it can be carbs or fats or both. Carbs are just cheaper and easier to work with. Most diets that call for a restriction of carbs while staying out of ketosis give quick results - but it's often glycogen/water weight loss.

yeah i stay within 50g to 100g of carbs is this fine while using slin or should i do 100 to 150

yeah i stay within 50g to 100g of carbs is this fine while using slin or should i do 100 to 150

I can't really answer that as we all have varying levels of insulin resistance. I can tell you that as a diabetic, I can't use ANY insulin at 20g of carbs. Your best bet is to start small and adjust with your carb intake. I'm not sure if you're trying to use the insulin on refeed days, or something else - just be careful. :)

Back