Some miscellaneous questions on potential first cycle

ChronosOceanus

Hi All,

36/m, been on TRT for 3.5 years now due to testicular surgery (see post history for lots of info on that) and everything is going well. My body has definitely changed for the better over these last few years (lower base body fat %, bigger traps and chest, less face fat and better jawline) so I'm glad I started TRT. However, the wife and I had our first kid a few months ago and diet/training went to shit. I'm probably sitting around 20% or so bodyfat, but getting back into tracking food intake and back into the gym as time allows. Ideally, I want to build some muscle for aesthetics (I'm already decent but nothing impressive) and lower bodyfat - I know, crazy right?

Since I'm going to be on TRT for life anyway I'm starting to think about taking advantage and trying some cycles. Before I get into increasing Test for my first cycle I want to get down to a manageable BF % - maybe around 12% - before I jump in. Some questions:

1) Are there any AAS or other supplements that can help me lose bodyfat faster? I absolutely plan on optimizing diet/calories/macros/cardio and all of that, but while I'm here I might as well take advantage while I can, right?

2) I'm already taking T3 and synthroid (did I mention I also had thyroid cancer and had to have my entire thyroid removed?) daily @ 10 mg. I've read a little on T3 and dieting but if anyone has experience and can let me know how to take advantage for fat loss any advice is welcome. Right now the plan is to slowly increase to 25mg/day of T3

3) Since I'm on TRT already would the board still recommend starting with a Test-only first cycle? I would assume that's the safe bet because I still haven't gone over 120 mg Test Cyp per week so I wouldn't really know the effects of going as high as 500 mg/week.

4) For a first cycle - since I'm already taking Test Cyp as prescribed by my doc would the best bet be to take Test Cyp for AAS? Or could I mix 'n match, so to speak? Test Prop, etc?

Any other input is welcome if I'm missing something, or even if I'm completely focusing on the wrong stuff here. I'm not a person to take the easy route in life, but want to take advantage of the situation I'm in if I can.

-CO

why did you have testicular surgery?

The wife and I were not having success getting pregnant, so did a couple of sperm count tests which both came back as "0". Fertility doc basically said our options were to go the donor route or do an exploratory surgery to see if they could extract sperm for IVF. Opted to do the surgery.

1. Yes, but nothing that will beat a solid diet.
2. Never tried T3.
3. Yes this board will still recommend 500mg/weekly as your first run.
4. You can mix and match all testosterone esters but it makes very little sense outside niche uses, such as using prop end of cycle.

1. Yes, but nothing that will beat a solid diet.
2. Never tried T3.
3. Yes this board will still recommend 500mg/weekly as your first run.
4. You can mix and match all testosterone esters but it makes very little sense outside niche uses, such as using prop end of cycle.

Repeat ^^^^^ except sometimes TRT/Cruzers will use short esters to blast since it's a quick up and down. Kinda "How many times do you want to stab yourself per week".

I'd just use more cyp.

Keeping a single ester keeps things simple.

Thanks for the advice guys. Once I lean out and figure out how to get set up with a cycle I***8217;ll try to start a log. Anyone know of any logs on here from guys already on TRT before they started their first cycle?

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice guys. Once I lean out and figure out how to get set up with a cycle I***8217;ll try to start a log. Anyone know of any logs on here from guys already on TRT before they started their first cycle?

I'm not on TRT...yet...

I did log my second cycle (real first cycle, I was beyond clueless my first run) and its 27 pages of mostly me talking about anything and everything but for a first timer?
I do think there's some valuable knowledge to be found in there, mostly its my own experience going through various ups and downs, struggles, positives, negatives, everything.
And you'll also find responses from some of the best/veterans on this site holding my hand.

Its called test/tren/mast. Diet by 3J.

Thanks brotha. Ended up getting preggers through donor sperm. Was weird at first but have a beautiful 4 month old baby girl who we couldn***8217;t love more.

Super happy for you bro, I also want kids more than anything in life and my biggest concern is my AAS use and I've been too afraid to check my own sperm quality.
So congrats bro, really :D

test is best bro. also read the stickies , ive been in the game 20 years & still refer to the stickies time to time

Back