Soo.. I just got done bulking

gzbleezy

So I just finished up a bulking cycle - eating pretty clean, not too strict, around 3k calories a day. Over 6 weeks running 600 mg test prop only I gained 11 lbs.. Going from 184 to 195.

Pretty happy with the results, Im stopping 2 weeks early cause I don't want to exceed 200lbs. My entire body is noticeably bigger and my bf% went from 12% to 15% though. Not a bad thing - but my question is.

I've been eating 3k calories a day and I plan on losing a 1.5lb per week.. Cutting down to 2k calories per day - my bmr + activity rate to maintain my weight is 3011.005 calories per day.. So over the next 2 months I'm expecting to be a little under 10% bf.. What should my daily percentages be when it comes to protein? Fat? And carbs?

I've been running my diet at 47% protein, 45% carbs, and 8% fat.. Should I cut carbs further back? And boost protein?? So I'm sitting at like 64% protein, 38% carbs, and 8% fat?? How much is to much of a carb reduction? An what's optimal to maintain my gains, while lowering my waste size??

I'm 23 yrs old,
59.5 inches tall
195lbs in weight
Put 2 inches on my chest, half inch on forearms, an inch on both biceps, an 1.5 inches on my legs and a non wanted 1.5 in. On my waste..

Anyways, give any and all criticism - if my thoughts r way off PLZ bash the hit out of me for it haha and correct me!!

Last edited:
So I just finished up a bulking cycle - eating pretty clean, not too strict, around 3k calories a day. Over 6 weeks running 600 mg test prop only I gained 11 lbs.. Going from 184 to 195.

Pretty happy with the results, Im stopping 2 weeks early cause I don't want to exceed 200lbs. My entire body is noticeably bigger and my bf% went from 12% to 15% though. Not a bad thing - but my question is.

I've been eating 3k calories a day and I plan on losing a 1.5lb per week.. Cutting down to 2k calories per day - my bmr + activity rate to maintain my weight is 3011.005 calories per day.. So over the next 2 months I'm expecting to be a little under 10% bf.. What should my daily percentages be when it comes to protein? Fat? And carbs?

I've been running my diet at 47% protein, 45% carbs, and 8% fat.. Should I cut carbs further back? And boost protein?? So I'm sitting at like 64% protein, 38% carbs, and 8% fat?? How much is to much of a carb reduction? An what's optimal to maintain my gains, while lowering my waste size??

I'm 23 yrs old,
59.5 inches tall
195lbs in weight
Put 2 inches on my chest, half inch on forearms, an inch on both biceps, an 1.5 inches on my legs and a non wanted 1.5 in. On my waste..

Anyways, give any and all criticism - if my thoughts r way off PLZ bash the hit out of me for it haha and correct me!!

How are your lifts now for big 3? Bench, Squat, Deadlift? Curious to find out.

I've mentioned this before, I wouldn't diet based on %s but more so on actual whole #s. Once you start tapering down with % versions of your macros, you'll get some ridiculous %'s such as 35.6767% carbs. %'s makes it easier to begin with, but I highly recommend whole #s. But I would do 1g of protein x lb of bodyweight ATLEAST. 0.45g of fats x lb of body weight ATLEAST. and fill the rest up with carbs or whatever.

Back