Struggling breaking through a plateau

Body_weight02

So just over halfway through my cycle and I’ve hit a plateau on my weight gain. For the last 3 weeks there has been little to no change after steadily gaining 1lb a week up to then. I’ll admit 1 of those weeks I fell short of my macros but the others I was spot on. I am pretty much maxed on my cal intake at my current diet, unless I start to add more fats or “not clean foods”. I’ll admit diet is something I lack a lot of knowledge in. So my basic question is: how will adding more fats affect my muscle/fat growth? Is adding junk just to get more cal counter intuitive?
Edit: I have adjusted my macros a little since the start of my cycle...currently 245p/415c/75f

Last edited:
What are your current stats bro ?
So people dont have to visit other threads and stuff.

5’10”...180lb...was 11-12%bf a cycle start...34yrs old...3rd cycle...lifting 4.5 years
P.S. I also enjoy sunsets on the beach, brunettes, pizza and sex on the 1st date

Last edited:
I hired 3j cuz I suck with diet lol.. But i'd say the protein intake is bit low at 245.

I'm tiny bity taller...but weigh a lot less but I eat way more than you. Just my chicken per day is equivalent to your protein per day... but then I also have 10oz steak and 2 protein shakes on top of that.
Its also ignoring that my carbs also contain protein. Honestly no idea what my macros come out too but I eat 3k calories per day.
If i had to guess, its around 350g+ protein per day.

Just to be fair.. Thats the way im supposed to eat... I dont always succeed... Its a fuckton of food...

Last edited:
I hired 3j cuz I suck with diet lol.. But i'd say the protein intake is bit low at 245.

I'm tiny bity taller...but weigh a lot less but I eat way more than you. Just my chicken per day is equivalent to your protein per day... but then I also have 10oz steak and 2 protein shakes on top of that.
Its also ignoring that my carbs also contain protein. Honestly no idea what my macros come out too but I eat 3k calories per day.
If i had to guess, its around 350g+ protein per day.

Just to be fair.. Thats the way im supposed to eat... I dont always succeed... Its a fuckton of food...

My macros equal out to be 3,300. That’s about 400 over my previous maintenance. Now I’m not saying I shouldn’t be eating more, I’m saying the only way I can eat more is to up my fats or incorporate some double cheese burgers. I just don’t know if that will correlate to more fat than muscle and work against my goal of LBM gains.

So you're not eating that clean then ?

If I manage 100gram more protein per day at 300 calories less...you macros cant be right ? :)
Granted bro, I have no fucking idea lol.. I can only compare my own diet to what you post lol...

So you're not eating that clean then ?

If I manage 100gram more protein per day at 300 calories less...you macros cant be right ? :)
Granted bro, I have no fucking idea lol.. I can only compare my own diet to what you post lol...

245p x 4=980
415c x 4=1660
75f x 9=675
Total. 3,315
Now there is some fluctuation in the #’s because I mostly intuitive eat, but 5% sway would cover it. Everything I eat is tracked by the product label or weighed.
As far as “clean” all I’m referring to are foods not highly processed or high in saturated fats or sugars.

Last edited:
Typical standards in my diet include: oats, pb, Greek yogurt, eggs (whole and whites), whole grain bread and pasta, rice (mostly jasmine or basmati), potatoes (red or sweet), chicken breast, lean ground beef, broccoli, spinach, whey protein, almonds, apples, bananas

What are your current stats bro ?
So people dont have to visit other threads and stuff.

This ^^ I agree we need more info. I'll mention this to kinda help all the noobs and also some of you that have been here a while. Whenever you have some pertinent Q's concerning gains and such with your current cycle it is best that you incorporate your stats.It's hard to know everyone and even when you have posted your stats before , try to remember that WE don't always remember your stats from your original profile or other, etc... SO thanks for adding in.

Now as far as your Q's.. It would shed some better light if you tell us more of your gains with stats , week to week.

Starting week one wt?
wk 2 wt gain
wk3 wt gain so on and so forth.

What is your goal for this cycle ? How much have you gained total from start and what were you looking for. :dunno:
OMM

Is your e2 in check? If it's too low you will lose out on gains. Keep it on the high side of (in range) for max gainage.

Sorry for that late reply...
OMM: weight gain had been steady 1 lb each week with the exception of the 1st 2 weeks where it was 2. So it’s been 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1,0, 0, 0...basically. Goal is LBM, I do not like bulking for the sake of just getting big. I do not like the bloated look. Cycle is 400mg T/500mg Eq
Casanovaaa: yes this was intended to be a bulking cycle
Clman8585: I suspected I may have E issues last week. Unfortunately for me getting to a lab is a bit of trouble due to my work schedule and it being so far away. I am going either tomorrow or the day after as I am finally getting a day off. At 6 weeks my E was barely out of range on the high side so I adjusted my dose. Shortly there after more sides showed up so I adjusted again. Started at 0.25mg adex eod...went to 0.5 e 3.5d now 0.5mg e3d. It is pharma grade.
Santa666: sorry for the smartass comment. I rotate all 3 shifts in a months time. I’m currently on a 10 day stretch of midnights and very tired and on edge.

Did you remove the comment or what ? I cant find anything lol...
Anyhow... While i might not be the best at taking critique.. i'm not a fragile girl either lol.. I can dish out and take it bro, dont worry :p

Did you remove the comment or what ? I cant find anything lol...
Anyhow... While i might not be the best at taking critique.. i'm not a fragile girl either lol.. I can dish out and take it bro, dont worry :p

I was referring to the comment about the “beach sunsets,...sex on the 1st date”. Anyway, I’m just tired and grumpy as hell.
Hoping labs might shed some light. Also been very strict on my diet again and the scale has turned in the right direction last cohole days. Hoping getting off these midnights so I can sleep and get back to my normal eating schedule will help out too

I was referring to the comment about the ***8220;beach sunsets,...sex on the 1st date***8221;. Anyway, I***8217;m just tired and grumpy as hell.
Hoping labs might shed some light. Also been very strict on my diet again and the scale has turned in the right direction last cohole days. Hoping getting off these midnights so I can sleep and get back to my normal eating schedule will help out too

Hope its all working out for you and feeling better. I cant seem to find where you say when you will have labs done. when does this happen?

Hope its all working out for you and feeling better. I cant seem to find where you say when you will have labs done. when does this happen?

Hey Nicky,
Sorry, kinda let this post die. I’ve been keeping my cycle log up and forgot about this. Yes, I fell 100% better. I honestly felt my E was low so I rolled the dice and lowered my adex slightly. My 4 day break from work I usually get off midnights turned into 1 and I’ve been on a straight day shift stretch since. With the closest lab over an hour away I just couldn’t do labs. But it seems I made the right call

Sorry for that late reply...
OMM: weight gain had been steady 1 lb each week with the exception of the 1st 2 weeks where it was 2. So it***8217;s been 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1,0, 0, 0...basically. Goal is LBM, I do not like bulking for the sake of just getting big. I do not like the bloated look. Cycle is 400mg T/500mg Eq

Yea, yea, yea you're sorry you left us here for a few. :nopity:
Ha :wavey: I also left and forgot so sorry, lo.

But good for you guys , I just got done writing you a dissertation reply.... ha but you're all saved by my internet temp crash. :Pat:

SO you gained 10 lbs and since you are staying lean and as you said keeping your water down, well this is a good gain. You will never gain in a steady LMM growth. Remember with the muscle growing it will require some fluid gains such as glycogen ,intramuscular water and other waste products acids.

SO if you only gain 10 or 12/13 pounds tops that is a good thing because at the end of your cycle your loss ( if a good growth cycle ) should be roughly half or 4-6 pound LMM.

Good luck
OMM

Last edited:
Yea, yea, yea you're sorry you left us here for a few. :nopity:
Ha :wavey: I also left and forgot so sorry, lo.

But good for you guys , I just got done writing you a dissertation reply.... ha but you're all saved by my internet temp crash. :Pat:

SO you gained 10 lbs and since you are staying lean and as you said keeping your water down, well this is a good gain. You will never gain in a stead LMM growth. Remember with the muscle growing it will require some fluid gains such as glycogen ,intramuscular water and other waste products acids.

SO if you only gain 10 or 12/13 pounds tops that is a good thing because at the end of your cycle your loss ( if a good growth cycle ) should be roughly half or 4-6 pound LMM.

Good luck
OMM

Yeah, your right as always. I’m just never satisfied...like most of us I guess. Still got a few more weeks and everything seems to be working, so steady is the course.

Hey Body_Weight I like your reply as to we're hardly ever satisfied , lol

So keep eating right keep the water down. I tell you I suggest as you come down/ off add some sessions with high reps. It helps in keeping hard.
(no pun , lol)

Good luck,
OMM

Last edited:
Hey Body_Weight I like your reply as to we're hardly ever satisfied , lol

So keep eating right keep the water down. I tell you I suggest as you come down/ off add some sessions with high reps. It helps in keeping hard.
(no pun , lol)

Good luck,
OMM

Lol...keeping hard will be a necessity. At least the first couple weeks I’m off as she’ll still have a couple weeks on the Var.
But thanks for the advice. Hoping by about spring next year I’ll decide whether I’m ready to try a physique comp or not.

Back