Summary of first Anavar Cycle

LydiaP

When I first began debating whether or not I wanted to run an anavar cycle I did endless amounts of research online trying to gather as much information as possible. But what I found mostly was people just like me when lots of questions. So now that Im two weeks out from completing my first cycle, I thought I'd share my experience. I don't have photos or measurements, just overall conclusions.

I first began lifting several years ago but decided to take it to the next level about a year and a half ago. I competed in two npc bikini shows but didn't place in either, coming in way to lean. I found the dieting part of the training to be fairly easy, but struggled with putting on any real muscle. I was frustrated and while discussing this with a trusted friend (who sells) he suggested anavar. He told me that he had followed his ex through two cycles and I was pretty surprised because I thought she looked amazing. So I decided to go for it.

I followed a strict diet while running my cycle, however not nearly as strict as competition diet. I incorporated some cardio, but not a specific or set amount (usually 20 minutes hiit post workout 3 times a week)

I am 31 years old, 5'8 and my stage weight was 122. When I began the cycle I was at 132. My friend told me I should start at 10mg but after everything I read online that made me nervous and I started 5mg for the first week. Later when I told him this he suggested I was just wasting it doing that. And he may have been right, I didn't notice any strength gains.

Weeks 2-4 I upped to 10mg daily, separated into two doses. I began to notice some strength gains as well as changes in the mirror. The only side effect I noticed was an increased sex drive.

Weeks 5-6 15mg, separated into two doses. I really began to notice some serious strength gains at this point as well as very apparent muscle definition. I also had a few bumps (pimples) on my upper arms and shoulders, but they were not very noticeable (maybe 2-3 at one time). My weight was also up to 138 lbs at this point.

Week 7 got greedy. 20mg daily. Serious gains. At this point I also noticed some light spotting. This to me was concerning and what to me seemed like a sign the dose was too high (my period is always irregular because I do not ovulate so the fact that it was also irregular on the cycle is not relevant). I mentioned this to my friend who told me he had never heard of that I suggested I continue with the 20mg, however i knew that i wasn't comfortable with that and it was my body, not his.

Week 8-10 back down to 15mg. No more spotting. Continued strength gains. Weight 140.

Week 11-10mg then stopped

Final Thoughts:

Although I didn't do any kind of pre/post measurements (probably should have o well) my 1RM for squat when from 145 to 195. My working weight for bicep curls ez bar went from 30 to 50. I saw similar results in most other lifts. People noted they could see development. (only a few a holes joked I was on something, which my response was always "I'd be a lot bigger than this if I was using". And that usually shut them down. I chose not to tell anyone about the cycle other than my friend who supplied it to me.

I think a lot of people would comment that 11 weeks was too long for a beginning cycle however I think that it was just fine for me. I did not do any sort of PCT and did not notice any kind of depression or withdrawls or anything of that nature in the weeks following.

My biggest concern before starting the cycle was side effects. Other than the spotting at 20mg, minor pimples and overall increased sex drive, I had no other noticeable side effects. I ended up gaining almost 10 pounds in the process, so I have to warn women that weight gain is probably inevitable. However I continued to like what I saw in the mirror, and used that as a judge, not the number.

I'm eager to start a new cycle, although I am going to wait awhile. I plan to compete again next year and was originally planning on doing a 10 week cycle then. However I have also considered doing a six week cycle in about 6 weeks and another 6 week cycle next year prior to the show. I am going to continue to see how I train now that I am off the cycle before I make that decision.

So hopefully this gave a little more information regarding a female first cycle of anavar, feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks for this LydiaP
I am about to start on the var today.
I trust the weight you gained was probably muscle mass and that you actually looked leaner?

Back