Sweet Potato?

ashnpat920

Just wanted to get other's opinion on sweet potatoes. Would you consider them healthy as part of your diet (as long as you don't over do it) if your trying to lose weight? I love them, just plain baked without anything on top. I also read in a couple of women's health magazines where women bodybuilders couldn't live without them. What's your thought? Also, would you consider pork loin roast/chops or pork tenderloin healthy as part of your diet too? Thanks all!

One of the best carbs out there....very low on the glycemic scale.

I like to slice them into fries and bake them in the oven....mmmmmm

Gumbo

yes i love sweet potatoes i make them in fries as it was said above i also bake them and another method you guys could try is grilling them for 15 min then putting them in the oven for another 30 they come otu nice

Easto said:
Sweet potatoes are a very good carb source.
agreed . many people hear SWEET potato and assume its bad for you but in reality its much better for you than a regular baked potato .

atherjen said:
that sounds great, how long? do you peel them? precook?

I started having them a few weeks ago. Usually slice them in to strips (fries) or discs. Stick them on the Foreman, no oil for about 20 mins obviously depending on how think they are!

I had them with some Rainbow Trout last night on a bed of Lettuce, Spinach and Cucumber and a tiny amount of sweet chili sauce.

atherjen said:
that sounds great, how long? do you peel them? precook?

Don't peel, the skin has a great source of fiber which is very important and often forgotten in our diets. Also adding to what gumbo said this a very good low glycemic carb that your body will be using in a good way no matter what your goals are.

Back