Test Prop only! First cycle !!

Canonmukai

Stats:
24 yr
5'6
166lbs
7%bf

Started my first cycle going to be running test prop for 8 weeks at 100mg EOD have pct already planned and in hand.. Just got done dieting for a show hence why I'm such a low body fat! Pinned yesterday everything went smoothly surprised I barely even felt it today I don't the the crippling pain most have said ,just the slightest soreness. One question I have is how much can I expect from this cycle I'm wanting to remain pretty lean and shredded due to the fact I'll be going on a cruise to the Bahamas in about 2 months and want to remain looking nice and shredded .. Yes I do know it's all about diet if I eat **** I look like **** I'll be eating clean and eating at maintenance calories. Also when should I start to notice "gains" from this cycle thanks again for any feedback!! Will be posting before pics soon and pics along the way to update you guys!!

You'll notice modest gains, increased sexdrive, faster recovery but nothing super amazing. Its not really that high dose.

Anyhow, do you have an AI ? How about HCG ?
How does your PCT look like ?

if you don't mind the pinning, I wish I would have done this for my first cycle. Get in and get out quick. My first cycles were long esters and I just wasn't really ready for the long haul of the 12+ weeks. I have some Testosterone Phenylprop stashed that I am going to try a similar 8-10 week cycle like what you have here.

How shredded do you want to be? I mean you can bulk up to 10-15% bodyfat and in my opinion still look decently shredded. Hop over to my cycle log and I have some pics of me and I've been eating insane amounts of food and I can still see my abs popping. I always like to fill out my shirts pretty well because it's not like I'm going to be walking around everywhere with my shirt off. But everyone has different aesthetic goals. Some people really like the veiny muscle striation look. I do think that is a nice look (but on a solid 185-195lb specimen of a man not the guys down below 175). That's my personal preference.

You'll notice modest gains, increased sexdrive, faster recovery but nothing super amazing. Its not really that high dose.

Anyhow, do you have an AI ? How about HCG ?
How does your PCT look like ?

Clarify "modest". Modest as opposed to if he stacked this with some NPP or dianabol? and versus mild such as if he was just trying to run anavar only? is that the scale we are talking about...lol :). I'd agree then this is somewhere in the middle. I think he could actually have some really ridiculous gains on this dosage for 8 weeks but I'm afraid this OP is not willing to eat the volume of food it will take. He's wanting to stay pretty lean so that will land him in the "modest" gains range...

I also agree covering basis on AI although for someone lean like this and on that dose I don't think gyno or estro will be issue. But again, OP doesn't sound like he wants to be too puffy so the AI will limit water retention.

HCG and PCT...I'm curious myself on these short 8 week cycles what that looks like. I think you are also on my other short cycle thread where we were talking about that. not much research going around on that. Everyone likes there long cycles.

I think what he meant by moderate is 350 mg/wk Test Prop vs typical first 500 mg/wk Test C or E.

But the active ingredient isn't that much different. 350 Test P has 290.5 mg Test Base, while 500 Test C has 349.5 Test Base. The prop run is 83% of the cyp run, so probably not as different as might seem.

HCG use wouldn't change for long vs short, 250 IU 2x per week as a baseline.

PCT on a short run could start a whole lot sooner, like 7 days or less, and could use lower doses of clomid and nolva since the test bleeds out of your blood so fast. It could probably also be shorter, like 4 weeks vs. 5 or 6, for the same reason.

He was referring to "modest gains" not dosages. I feel like for a 23 year old that is probably more than enough though and keeping it simple by just pinning 1cc eod. Sounds like you tend to agree wont' be a huge difference based on what you said below about the Test bases...

I think what he meant by moderate is 350 mg/wk Test Prop vs typical first 500 mg/wk Test C or E.

But the active ingredient isn't that much different. 350 Test P has 290.5 mg Test Base, while 500 Test C has 349.5 Test Base. The prop run is 83% of the cyp run, so probably not as different as might seem.

HCG use wouldn't change for long vs short, 250 IU 2x per week as a baseline.

PCT on a short run could start a whole lot sooner, like 7 days or less, and could use lower doses of clomid and nolva since the test bleeds out of your blood so fast. It could probably also be shorter, like 4 weeks vs. 5 or 6, for the same reason.

He was referring to "modest gains" not dosages. I feel like for a 23 year old that is probably more than enough though and keeping it simple by just pinning 1cc eod. Sounds like you tend to agree wont' be a huge difference based on what you said below about the Test bases...

Tankman was right and thats what i meant. Its a modest dose of test, which will have modest gains as opposed to a larger dose, of course keeping diminishing returns in mind. I was not talking about esters or test base...
There's a sticky with clinical studies done on different testosterone levels and there's a pretty steep difference between the 300mg and 600mg weekly groups in terms of gains.
Everyone is different though but was more meant to answer an individual based question, if that makes sense haha.

Last edited:
HCG and PCT...I'm curious myself on these short 8 week cycles what that looks like. I think you are also on my other short cycle thread where we were talking about that. not much research going around on that. Everyone likes there long cycles.

My first cycle was 6 weeks. This cycle was planned for 8 weeks. I prefer the idea and concept of short cycles but it doesn't work as good in practice... For TRT patients its perfect though i would say.
You'll find a lot of info about them if you search a bit though.

Last edited:
Tankman was right and thats what i meant. Its a modest dose of test, which will have modest gains as opposed to a larger dose, of course keeping diminishing returns in mind. I was not talking about esters or test base...
There's a sticky with clinical studies done on different testosterone levels and there's a pretty steep difference between the 300mg and 600mg weekly groups in terms of gains.
Everyone is different though but was more meant to answer an individual based question, if that makes sense haha.

I stand corrected. So I suppose age does not matter? regardless that he's 23 years old and probably popping off Free testosterone at around 15-20 range while I'm 36 and my free test is hovering around 10. Regardless, once either of us puts synthetic test into our system the natural test shuts off. So he's either going to shut himself down and have 300 in his system or shut himself down and have 500 in his system? I guess I thought age mattered here but maybe not.

I stand corrected. So I suppose age does not matter? regardless that he's 23 years old and probably popping off Free testosterone at around 15-20 range while I'm 36 and my free test is hovering around 10. Regardless, once either of us puts synthetic test into our system the natural test shuts off. So he's either going to shut himself down and have 300 in his system or shut himself down and have 500 in his system? I guess I thought age mattered here but maybe not.

This is purely my own hypothesis...but I would argue the younger you are, the higher dose of testosterone do you actually need. (And really, we're talking about low vs high, low age naturally factors in but it could be any age)
For example... Say a 20 year old produces 1000ng/dl natty... Using tankman as an example, his cruises of about 150 test / week gave him ~700ng/dl.
Now... If you give a 20 year old with sky high natty doses of test, that will shut down his natural test... Does he need more or less to reach beyond his natural levels ? Also how much more to have same times X increase as opposed to someone with already low values ?
I honestly don't know the answer but I suspect the younger ones will need higher doses for the same results. Probably part reason why you shouldn't cycle until 28.

Last edited:
Anyhow as someone thats on his second prop cycle...
Dont use prop unless you actually HAVE too...

The endless pinning gets real boring, real quick... Just now I did 3 pins... Have 1 left today...

Are you feeling anything from the HGH yet?

I believe so, just not sure if its placebo.
I've noticed extreme hunger, well, its not hunger, its a huge desire/need to eat a lot. Food portions has gone way up.
Had issues with my insomnia so been taking my meds so unsure if sleep is better or not.
Don't really feel different, perhaps a bit more tired/lethargic than usual, but again, been taking my insomina meds and thats one of the side-effects...

I do feel and look leaner but Im chalking that down to being on an actual diet rather than the HGH.

Will leave bloodwork this friday, if its legit, i'll go for 6 months. Just gotta wait a paycheck for two first lol...

Last edited:
How much are you expecting from this cycle? There is a limit to how much can be gained in 8 weeks...........ESPECIALLY if you are unwilling to eat. Maintenance calories will likely yield maintenance muscle.

The post about gains by just injecting hormones and not eating or exercising is BULL.......SHIT. Yup.......bullshit. Don't believe me?!? Try it and see. You may gain a pound or two but will you really notice? Nope.......not unless you are a trt candidate.

Good point, if you are eating at maintenance levels you won't gain much if at all.

There's no replacement for actually putting in the work and eating well.

Another point argued in this thread is about dosage. As in dosage effecting one person differently than another. Personally my trt is 100mg per week and that puts me around 1080 4 days after shot when not taking Clomid and puts me 1300 when taking Clomid. Many people take my dose and get levels less than half what I get mid week. Why?............because different people process differently and at different rates AND EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY most people produce some test while introducing exogenous test. Some people make A LOT while on cycle.
So keeping that in mind, it is my opinion that if we are going to do steroids then we should pick a dose (most often 500) and stick with it until we see what it does to us. Adjust from there just like you would adjust your AI. Some people grow great on 400 while others need closer to 750 or 1000. Very few make great gains that they keep on less than 400 unless they blast and cruise........say 100mg cruise and 300mg blast. This is what I have witnessed and I don't like it any more than you do. I want to believe in small low dose cycles but I have not once seen anyone experience big results doing this. With that said.....I don't know thousands of steroid users. But I know many that I am close enough with to discuss dosages and cycle info. If anyone has had big results with low doses please chime in. In my experience, there is a reason ALL vets say 500 is a first cycle.

Sorry if this is viewed as off topic. It's just that I think it is this type of info that we should share with one another. We all have a common goal and interest. We have labeled ourselves "bros". Let's share :)

Last edited:
Back