Thanksgiving dinner ideas anyone?

casanovaaa

So turkey day is right around the corner and lots of restaurants around my way serving their versions of what a thanksgiving feast is all about, some at an outrageous price others more moderate and even some all you can eat buffet.
So with that in mind and also that I have the wifes family coming over, 4 in all, i decided to save some cash and cook it all myself.
So i got a 20 pound turkey already in the walk in and ready to take out tomorrow to defrost then marinate for 24 hours before baking.
Green bean casserole
Cranberry sauce
mashed potatoes
candied yams?
corn on the cob
gravy

pumpkin and apple pie for dessert

am I missing something? what would you add or take out?

oh and I already have a case of beer for my grandma whos also going to make an apperance so it should be a good time had by all. as long as we dont break out the tequila, like last time........

Last edited:
I have been invited to my daughters , with mom (wife). But will probably just stay home and chill.

Lots of problems between me and my daughter. She knows NO Forgiveness. But I'm handling it. Nothing new. Going on years, years.

:dunno: I'm g2g.

OMM

I have been invited to my daughters , with mom (wife). But will probably just stay home and chill.

Lots of problems between me and my daughter. She knows NO Forgiveness. But I'm handling it. Nothing new. Going on years, years.

OMM

You still have to have a feast of some sort brotherman. May I recomend the KFC Family size crispy fried chicken bucket for 12, and all the trimmings, cole slaw, fries,bread rolls, bbq beans and a large diet soda, with an apple pie for dessert.

Id invite you over but I have a full house already, you know how it is, and were spending it on our 12 ft sailboat in the marina in the Caymans, a matter of size and your a big guy and you might not get here on time, its a complicated issue,:dunno: but maybe next time because we're cool like that.

Last edited:
You still have to have a feast of some sort brotherman. May I recomend the KFC Family size crispy fried chicken bucket for 12, and all the trimmings, cole slaw, fries,bread rolls, bbq beans and a large diet soda, with an apple pie for dessert.

Id invite you over but I have a full house already, you know how it is, and were spending it on our 12 ft sailboat in the marina in the Caymans, a matter of size and your a big guy and you might not get here on time, its a complicated issue,:dunno: but maybe next time because we're cool like that.

OMG, Cool man.:dance2: ^^^ some endearment !! I thank you for the invite and some holiday humor :laugh3: . If I could I would be there in a flash :jump:

I appreciate you and the rest of the guys on here. It feels good here sometimes :)

Thanks ,
OMM

OMM

Your daughter loves you more than anything!!!! I put my old man through something similar and now I haven***8217;t talked to him in 8 or 9 years. How old is she?

Your daughter loves you more than anything!!!! I put my old man through something similar and now I haven***8217;t talked to him in 8 or 9 years. How old is she?

Bro if i may give you some bro advice, go and talk to the old man again, i say it only because my own dad passed away last July and we hadnt talked in over 10 years over something petty. How i wish i could take those 10 years back so he could at least have met his grandkids. oh well, its the cross i have to carry now and damn hurts but life goes on.
Talk to your old man bro before its too late and have to deal with the guilt that is killing me now.

I was not a good person years ago. Lots of drugs etc... It went bad with her at age 15. She is now 37 an RN at Shands Hospital for 10 years. She basically has hated me since. Long , long ago.

Thanks for the kind and positive support but NOT a good subject for especially on Thanks Giving. I am here at home with my two boys. "Big Boy Buddy" and "Little Babe Boy"

Happy Thanks forgiving everyone !!

OMM

Hi,
I adore this day as the whole family unites and celebrate together such an importan tevent of the year. It has such a deep meaning, I wish every family feel happy and bee forgiven for everything.

Hi,
I adore this day as the whole family unites and celebrate together such an importan tevent of the year. It has such a deep meaning, I wish every family feel happy and bee forgiven for everything.

It sure was a great day man and thats a great way to put it son son, what i remember of it.

Back