The best money I have ever spent **My 3J review**

Vestevel

Wall of text incoming. If you're not interested skip down several paragraphs to the stars(**).

I started lifting seven years ago, February 8, 2005. I have logged every workout I have ever done. When I first started the log I didn't write the year or the month with the date. It simply reads Tues 8. When I look down the page it says 3-1 Fri. I didn't put the year with the date until 7-16-5. Someone dear to me had passed and it made me think to myself it could be me tomorrow. I looked in the mirror that night and said to myself, I didn't want to die this way. I was 27 years old, 140 pounds and well over 30 percent body fat. I went and found an old weight bench and some rusty weights and sat the stuff on my back porch and just started lifting. My first workout was bench press only. 95 X 10, 95 X 6, 95 x 6, 95 x 5. I was so sore the next day.

Being a single parent it was impossible for me to ever have a life where I could go to a gym every day. Over the years I have accumulated so much equipment. Basically I can do anything at home that I could do in a gym. My garage is full of boxing equipment and I have two bedrooms with a cable machine in one and squat cage in the other. Dumbbells of every size from 15-120 lbs. I have been lifting after work at home in between making dinner and studying for tests since that day.

Fast-forward to January of this year. 185 and 20 percent body fat. Never seen my abs my whole life. I tried to tell myself that my body fat percent was lower, based on what people around me said. But I was well over 20. I had never really read about body-building before. I just did it. Thought I was eating healthy when in reality I was eating crap. One day I was googling about testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) when I stumbled across the Ology. I was hooked on this forum. There is an unbelievable amount of information on this site. Not all just about steroids as the name would imply. The diet section caught my eye based on a thread where some 6 foot 140 pound 20 year old was about to start a test/tren cycle and 4 or 5 people in the thread were telling the guy to go the diet section!! That's what I really like about this site. No one is pushing AAs on people unless they feel they need them to reach their goals. Very respectable vets here.

********************************************************************************************

That is where 3J caught my eye. I debated this for a couple months. Like I said, I was convinced I was eating well. I decided to try 3J for 5 weeks of basic nutrition coaching. He sent me a questionnaire that was basically like an interview about what my goals were and what I was doing on my end to achieve them. Also he asked for pics from different angles and my measurements. I sent these and he quickly sent me a diet with instructions to send him my new weight and measurements once a week from Monday and Thursday. I was lifting 5 days per week and doing cardio each morning before work. My measurements day one were:

• Neck:16 3/8"
• Chest:43 1/2"
• Stomach at belly button:34"
• Waist line: 32 1/2"
• Biceps with arms extended out to side:13"
• Thighs:22 7/8"
• Calves:15"
• Forearm 3 inches from elbow:10 1/8"

Weight was 184.6

Three weeks into the diet I ruptured my Achilles which pretty much ended my cardio for over 4 weeks. The only cardio I was getting was boxing drills and they were limited to heavy, double-end, and speed bag, as I could not jump rope or dodge a maize bag.

3J adjusted the diet as the weeks went by. I was so happy with the results that I continued after 5 weeks with carb-cycling.

My lifts have increased over 10 weeks like I was used to experiencing over the course of a year.

Bench press +25 lbs.
Squat +30 lbs.
Deadlift +30lbs.

My measurements today:

Weight : 163.4

• Neck:15 3/4"
• Chest:44 5/8"
• Stomach at belly button:30 1/8"
• Waist line:30 1/2"
• Biceps with arms extended out to side:13 5/8"
• Thighs:22 5/8"
• Calves:14 1/2"
• Forearm 3 inches from elbow:11 1/8"

I have added lean mass and cut a ton of fat. My goal here was to bulk, naturally. Everything seems to be working. Keep in mind that genetically, I am at the bottom of the spectrum. I am so impressed with 3J's nutrition network I can't even say. I am asked at least once a week if I'm taking steroids. I have to tell people, "it's diet, Diet is everything!!". Most people refuse to believe this. So many people are like I was, and think that it's possible to out-train crappy diet. I wish I had known this 7 years ago!!

One other note. I get the impression that 3J is very proud of his work. I believe that he genuinely cares about what he is doing for his clients. I don't get the sense that he is just doing his job. If I ever have had a concern, I sent him an email and he either reassured me or adjusted something. Also, his replies are quick! I can't get this sort of service from my doctors assistant's secretary!!

To summarize: 3J's nutrition coaching is the best money I have ever spent. If you even have the slightest doubt about your diet, I would call on 3J.

Back