the No Fun League

freakinhuge

Why does the NFL have to resrict evereything. If they take away my fantasy football I will go crazy.

NFL now banning post game video online.
October 3rd, 2006

Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse, the NFL is now restricting local news sites from posting video of postgame press conferences or locker room interviews. “Video from our stadiums on game day is one of our most valuable assets, including video of our people, players, coaches talking about the game,” said Greg Aiello, the NFL’s vice president for public relations. “The policy is designed to ensure that our rights holders, who have paid for access to that asset, receive the value they’ve paid for.” The new rule applies to game day, not to press conferences during the week. Of course, journalists are livid. “There is a smell here,” said the Poynter Institute’s Bob Steele, “and it gives the impression that the NFL and the teams are more interested in their own financial protection than they are helping the public understand what goes on in the field with the players in the games.” Well, I think it’s obviously the case, isn’t it? Meanwhile, the Washington Post and the Associated Press — with their lawyers — plan to ask new NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to reverse the new restriction. But as we’ve seen with all the controversy surrounding the restriction of sideline cameras, the odds that anything will change are slim. Rant away…

Back