Therapeutic vs. USP grade oils

cause4alarm

[][][][]--------[][][][]
Been doing more research on these oils. I see that most people are talking about using USP grade oils and oils from their grocery store. What I've found is that therapeutic oils seems to be more healthy and cleaner.

For example, "To be therapeutic, there must be no traces of pesticides, herbicides or other chemicals. It must be extracted by steam distillation and not by solvents." "True therapeutic grade oils must contain no synthetic ingredients nor can it be diluted. It must be exactly as it was harvested and distilled without any further tampering with the chemistry." [Stewart, 2012]

On the other hand, "USP Grade A is basically a food or fragrance grade. USP means United States Pharmacopea, which is a set of profiles that oils must meet and which can be met by artificially manipulating the oil by adding synthetic components or refining the oil to remove certain components. Hence, a USP grade oil is, by definition, not therapeutic inasmuch as it has been manipulated to meet a consistent standard for fragrance or flavor. This is okay for oils used in foods, cosmetics, shampoos, deodorants, etc., but not okay for therapeutic usage." [Stewart, 2012]

Any thoughts on this? I'm curious if this is why some people are complaining of pip? Lets discuss this fellas!

References
Stewart David, Ph.D. "Grading Of Essential Oils." Aromatherapy for Christians. N.p., n.d. Web. 2 July 2012. <http://www.aromatherapyforchristians.com>

Interesting but heating to the correct temperature to sterilize and working in a miniature clean room like this plus using Whatman 0.02um Anotop 25 Sterile Filter should be clean as can be.

I am going to look at this to, any input from vets on there opinion on therapeutic oils. I don't see any on the normal oil types seem to be from fruits or other things. Here is an interesting site and this one. Look at the Jojoba Oil, like the packaging.

Last edited:
Interesting but heating to the correct temperature to sterilize and working in a miniature clean room like this plus using Whatman 0.02um Anotop 25 Sterile Filter should be clean as can be.

I am going to look at this to, any input from vets on there opinion on therapeutic oils. I don't see any on the normal oil types seem to be from fruits or other things. Here is an interesting site and this one. Look at the Jojoba Oil, like the packaging.

Man those clean rooms are really nice and I bet you can make one fairly easily. Maybe some laminated plywood for the sides and back then some lexan for the front. For the filter u cld use a squirrel cage from a furnace/ac unit and a hepa filter, hmmmmmm. Only prob with that is How wld I explain that to my son LOL? I mean he's already watched season 4 of Breaking Bad !!!

Last edited:
Back