Thoughts on this PCT for a basic test cycle

JackMan017

Going to do a simple Test E 500mg for 14-16 weeks. I want to PCT (rather than cruise). My goal is obviously to recover quickly and minimize any of these PCT drug side effects than may occur with higher dosages

clomid 25mg ED 6-8 weeks
nolva 20mg ED 6-8 weeks
(hcg ran during the cycle only)

Who likes this? Who doesn't like this? Thoughts please

Should work fine, what hcg dose are you planning to run? It seems like people have good success with 500IU 2x week.

PCT is pretty "standardized" around here.
Clomid ~ 50/50/25/25
Nolvadex ~ 40/40/20/20
Some personal variations and such but that's what's repeated most often. If I ever come off TRT I'll run that.

Your plan just seems like a lower starting dose and running it longer. With the HCG during the cycle your balls should be pretty ready for when LH and FSH arrive once the nolva and clomid kick in.

How long are you planning to wait between last injection and starting your PCT? That is a very big deal. Starting to soon will have your body running elevated testosterone levels because the Test E still hasn't cleared enough. I dont know the time frame but I'd best $$$ many people here know it off the top of their heads for any ester.

PLEASE get labs BEFORE you cycle. Those labs can never be taken again. You will never be able to get your "natty levels" again. Knowing natty levels will give you the levels to hope for and strive for post cycle. There is a decent range of natural test levels. Your post cycle and post PCT levels may come back at 600ng/dL and seem good but you might be naturally on the higher end and actually run like 900. Pre-cycle labs are very important and often not done. How do we know if the PCT truly worked if we dont know what numbers we need?

Also what are your plans for estrogen control? I was on 200mg test c a week and had double the estrogen range with no bloating, smoothness and low nipple sensations. Compared to pre-TRT they were actually less sensitive and that was with estrogen inside normal ranges.

Last edited:
PCT is pretty "standardized" around here.
Clomid ~ 50/50/25/25
Nolvadex ~ 40/40/20/20
Some personal variations and such but that's what's repeated most often. If I ever come off TRT I'll run that.

Your plan just seems like a lower starting dose and running it longer. With the HCG during the cycle your balls should be pretty ready for when LH and FSH arrive once the nolva and clomid kick in.

How long are you planning to wait between last injection and starting your PCT? That is a very big deal. Starting to soon will have your body running elevated testosterone levels because the Test E still hasn't cleared enough. I dont know the time frame but I'd best $$$ many people here know it off the top of their heads for any ester.

PLEASE get labs BEFORE you cycle. Those labs can never be taken again. You will never be able to get your "natty levels" again. Knowing natty levels will give you the levels to hope for and strive for post cycle. There is a decent range of natural test levels. Your post cycle and post PCT levels may come back at 600ng/dL and seem good but you might be naturally on the higher end and actually run like 900. Pre-cycle labs are very important and often not done. How do we know if the PCT truly worked if we dont know what numbers we need?

Also what are your plans for estrogen control? I was on 200mg test c a week and had double the estrogen range with no bloating, smoothness and low nipple sensations. Compared to pre-TRT they were actually less sensitive and that was with estrogen inside normal ranges.

Yeah I think I don't want to dose PCT quite that high, especially the Clomid, seems a little too aggressive. I think I'd rather go with a slow and steady dose of Nolva and Clomid. Plus I'll be on HCG during the cycle, so that's probably going to help when it comes time to PCT.

It's Enanthate, so about 14 days after last pin is when I plan to PCT.

I have pre-cycle bloods. Have my total and free test along with Estradiol and Lipid levels. Blood work looks good. Total test is 579 & Estradiol is 21.5 (range of 8.0-35.0) I'm a little bit leaner now vs that test day, and still trying to lean out some more, so it's possible Estradiol has come down a little more. It's my first cycle, so regarding Estrogen, it's a little tough to say how I'll respond and feel overall. I have Adex in .25 tablets. I might hold off for the first 2-3 weeks of an AI, and after that end up going something like .25 twice p/week. Not sure... I do know I will not abuse it.

I appreciate your post

Going to do a simple Test E 500mg for 14-16 weeks. I want to PCT (rather than cruise). My goal is obviously to recover quickly and minimize any of these PCT drug side effects than may occur with higher dosages

clomid 25mg ED 6-8 weeks
nolva 20mg ED 6-8 weeks
(hcg ran during the cycle only)

Who likes this? Who doesn't like this? Thoughts please

4 weeks sounds better.

Back