Tiger Wood's Dr. Anthony Galea was arrested on Oct. 15 for HGH possesion

Dr. Anthony Galea was arrested on Oct. 15 and released, although he was told at the time charges would follow.

The lawyer says there will be at least three charges including conspiracy and others under the Food and Drug and Controlled Substances acts.

The charges are allegedly linked to performance enhancing drugs.

Media reports say the FBI is also investigating allegations the Human Growth Hormone and another drug, Actovegin - which is illegal in the U.S. - were found in Galea's medical bag during a New York border crossing.

Greenspan says officials did find the drug, but it was "a very, very small amount, and it was only for him."

The lawyer said Galea has treated Tiger Woods, but insisted the golf star is not the story in this case.

Greenspan said Galea is a pioneer in sports medicine and is "looking forward for this chapter to be over."

RCMP spokesman said Galea was arrested after a search warrant was executed on the Institute of Sports Medicine Health and Wellness Centre near Toronto on Oct. 15.

Greenspan said today that a hard drive and a medical device of some sort were taken from the clinic.

Galea has treated Donovan Bailey, NFL players and other athletic stars.

Woods is denying through his agents at the International Management Group that he was referred to Galea for treatment after concern about Woods' recovery from knee surgery in 2008.

In an e-mail sent to the Associated Press on Tuesday, agent Mark Steinberg said "No one at IMG has ever met or recommended Dr. Galea, nor were we worried about Tiger's recovery." It is not alleged that Tiger Woods was prescriber Human Growth howmon.

But Greenspan said Woods was indeed a patient of Galea.

"If you're here to ask about Tiger Woods, that's not really the story today," he told a news conference.

"Tiger Woods happened to be a patient...he assisted in his rehabilitation program after his surgery and apparently was very successful in getting Woods to return to golf earlier than anticipated."

Greenspan said Galea believes in the responsible use of human growth hormones in older people.

Galea will not appear in court on Friday, but is expected to be represented by Greenspan.

tiger.fit.jpg

good find. i always wondered why tiger woods still had a wrinkle-free baby face at his age.

but seriously, the government is too hard on for people who use hgh. its an awsome drug drug especially for older men, what are these agencies afraid of?

pooor pooor tiger -- first caught with pants down - fucks his car in a tree - wife beats his ass with a golf club - now drug scandal. almost makes me wish I wasn't in his place :)

yea i saw that in the paper this morning. why would a doctor who can legally prescribe hgh get arrested for it? not following the reasoning DPR.

Couldnt they go after any Life Extension Clinic in the US in that case?

First off damn I`m tired of hearing about Tiger Woods!!! Secondly if I had that guys money you`d have to paint a frawn on my face. I would give a shit less what the media had to say. Was he listening to Rehabs, Bartender song when he crashed that POS and stepped away?

Last edited:
Actovegin

the doc was caught with this drug too. a little research reveals it increases glucose uptake and increases blood oxygen. anyone ever use this? does it have any muscle building or other upside? sounds like it may...

Back