Turd_Ferguson's TB500 log

turd_ferguson

Hey guys, I am mostly a lurker rather than a contributor around here, but I just started with TB500 and since the posts on this forums were a great help to me in my research and preparations, I wanted to "pay it forward". First a little background:

I am 37 years old, 6'3 and 220 pounds. I have played beach volleyball on various professional and semi-professional tours for the last 15 years after a Division I college career. Rotator cuff problems are extremely common in the sport and I have had 2 surgeries in the last five years as I try to remain competitive against competition who are mostly in their 20's. I started having shoulder pain in the early summer and got a cortisone shot which helped, then wore off and I have been looking for something, anything that will help me make it through the season and increase my ability to heal/repair. I also have several nagging soft-tissue injuries that have popped up over the course of the season. No experience with anabolic of any kind and never injected anything before. I come into this with a goal of my shoulder and other nagging injuries feeling/functioning better on game day as well as a hope for faster recovery.

My in-season training consists of competing on Sat/Sun; two days of weights and two days of speed/plyo work with a trainer per week. My diet is not what it should be, mostly because of the fact that I am a father of two and have a desk job which really limits my time for food prep. And to be completely honest, I'm freakin old and the difference of 10-12% bodyfat doesn't mean what it used to.

What I got:

10 vials of 2mg RUI TB500
10 1cc 1/2 inch syringes
100 alcohol swabs
2 30 ml vials of BS water

My plan:

4 mg per week for 4 weeks and then re-evaluate (another 2 weeks at 4mg, or drop to "maintenance" dose) based on results.

My preparations:

Having no experience of any kind injecting myself...I have to admit that I let the stuff sit in my cupboard for 4 days before starting up. I was surprised to find a lack of detail in most of the threads regarding how to properly reconstitute and inject but I pieced it together through other sites and youtube videos.

First dose: 8/13/14 2 mg

I finally got everything out, drew .6cc of BS water into the syringe and injected it into the 2mg vial of TB500. I was surprised to find that it was clear rather than cloudy as my only other experience (watching my surgeon prepare a cortisone shot) had the liquid become cloudy. Despite what I have read in other threads, I did not have an issue drawing out 99% of the liquid into the syringe. I then swabbed my belly fat, pinched and stood there for probably 3 minutes working up the courage to stick myself. Finally, my wife came out of the bedroom and started making fun of me, so I did it. I injected really slowly and by the end, I am embarrassed to say that I felt faint and had to bend over the sink for a good 30 seconds. I have never had a problem getting shots, but something about giving it really freaked me out. I went and laid down for a bit and was fine. No issues with the injection site and I really don't feel anything yet. Will report further after the next shot. Edit: I should note that I sweat like a pig last night. I have nothing to attribute it to other than the TB500 or just random chance.
Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
I'll be following as well. I'm just finished my 2nd week and starting to feel some relief. Never had any night sweats like that. No sides at all at this point. Good luck!

Thanks guys. Jimi I based a lot of what I am doing on your thread so thank you.

Dose #2: The injection went way better and I was smart enough to sit down for this one. Not feeling any relief yet that I would attribute to the peptide, but I did play very well this weekend. I was really sore everywhere this morning but I attribute that to playing 8 hours in a tournament yesterday. (We got 3rd)

Dose #3: 8/20/14

Still not noticing anything I would specifically attribute to the TB500 other than the night sweats I get on the days I inject. This weekend will be the first real test as I will be 10 days in and playing in a tournament. My shoulder felt decent last weekend so we will see.

One thing I am going to change is that I am going to start using more liquid to reconstitute. I have been using 6ml, and I think I will bump it to a full ml. Reason being is that you lose a little bit each time you withdraw from the vial and I would like that to be less concentrated so more goes into my body.

Hey there. What's the latest?
Dose #3: 8/20/14

Still not noticing anything I would specifically attribute to the TB500 other than the night sweats I get on the days I inject. This weekend will be the first real test as I will be 10 days in and playing in a tournament. My shoulder felt decent last weekend so we will see.

One thing I am going to change is that I am going to start using more liquid to reconstitute. I have been using 6ml, and I think I will bump it to a full ml. Reason being is that you lose a little bit each time you withdraw from the vial and I would like that to be less concentrated so more goes into my body.

Hey there. What's the latest?

Hey guys, sorry that I've been slacking. The reason for it is sort of that I don't have much to report. I am now on my ninth dose and it is difficult to say what The impact has been. I generally feel much better, but it's hard to tell if I should attribute that to the TB500 or just the natural healing process. Also, I have taken zero time off to rest. My shoulder still gets incredibly sore when I play, but it is not hurting so bad that I can't play.

In my own mind, I believe that it is working and providing a benefit. But I can't say so with a level of certainty that I would like to have when recommending a product to others.

The only adverse side effect I'm noticing now is redness around the injection site in my belly fat.

I felt the same way as you do - and even had occasional redness around the injection into my belly fat. I am convinced the TB500 helped since my research showed it should have taken almost a year for my shin splints to fully heal (and 6 months until I could even think about running at all) and yet it is all but healed after only 4 months. A 9 month old tennis elbow (damaged by my wife showing me an elbow lock move she learned in Kung Fu) is all but healed after using the TB500. it is still sore after working out, but before it would be inflamed and in moderate pain.

Keep it up, I am sure it is helping.

So I am through 6 weeks of TB500 and I have to say that despite some of my doubts midway through, I think it has helped. I extended the intended four weeks to six and now I am trying to decide what if any "maintenance" I will do. Observations:

1. General feeling of recovery for minor aches and pains that had been with me all season.
2. Shoulder feeling better but not so drastically better that I would say a miracle as occurred.
3. Possible sexual side effects in a good way. Not sure this is related at all, but I have found over the last month that the quality and frequency of my erections is off the charts. At my age, I am not used to just getting a random boner while driving around in the car, but it has been happening this month. I'm sure it could be related to other things, but it was worth mentioning.
4. Night sweats at the beginning and slight abdominal discomfort for 1-2 days after injecting throughout(not at injection site, more inside toward the kidneys).

Back