Virgin Olive Oil

HB Mad Man

Was wondering if anyone has used virgin olive oil with their brews at all.. Theres lots of health bennefits to cooking with it but am wondering what the benefits are as a carrier.. Reason I ask is that I can get it at the grocery store.. Also Almond oil how bout that one as its at my local health food store.. Rather go local for what I can if possible.. Thanx

Was wondering if anyone has used virgin olive oil with their brews at all.. Theres lots of health bennefits to cooking with it but am wondering what the benefits are as a carrier.. Reason I ask is that I can get it at the grocery store.. Also Almond oil how bout that one as its at my local health food store.. Rather go local for what I can if possible.. Thanx

you might want to check what you can or cant cook with while brewing. you know you can buy sterolized oil for brewing online for cheap. or for even cheaper you buy the shit you have to filter.

you might want to check what you can or cant cook with while brewing. you know you can buy sterolized oil for brewing online for cheap. or for even cheaper you buy the shit you have to filter.

I've got gso an cottonseed oil by the gallon. I've read that cottonseed oil causes sterility while on cycle where as gso doesn't and also has added health bennefits using gso oil.. Regardless of what you brew you have to filter your end product.. So buying sterolized oil isn't very cost effective when I'm already having to filter everything anyway.. The reason I ask is for alternatives for the in case stock runs low as well as knowing what different health bennefits for different oils are.. I like to know and learn new shit..

I've got gso an cottonseed oil by the gallon. I've read that cottonseed oil causes sterility while on cycle where as gso doesn't and also has added health bennefits using gso oil.. Regardless of what you brew you have to filter your end product.. So buying sterolized oil isn't very cost effective when I'm already having to filter everything anyway.. The reason I ask is for alternatives for the in case stock runs low as well as knowing what different health bennefits for different oils are.. I like to know and learn new shit..

GSO is my oil of choice for HB. I make 90% of my gear from powder. Never heard of cottonseed sterility. Cottonseed acts as a preservative however and can keep gear from crashing longer then GSO. Both GSO and CSO share the same viscosity which allows for a decreased usage of BB to keep the solution from crashing. The antioxidant properties of GSO are lost through the sterilization process. I agree that all gear should pass through a .22 PVDF filter to eliminate bacteria and fungi however sterilized oil has a better viscosity and if your using syringe filters it can save your thumbs. However if you wish to save a buck and stock up buy a stericup system with a .45 PVDF filter to remove large size impurities (the stuff that gunks up your syringe filter and makes it hard to push through). I have about 5 gallons of GSO I sterilized via this process. As for my choice of GSO it was simply due to it's convenience as it is sold by the gallon at GNC and is 100% GSO.

Virgin olive oil is all I use for all of my gear. It works fine, but it is especially good for short esters.

If you can tell me wht it is especially good for short esters I would really appreciate it.. TY.. Does it dissolve in the body better stabalize the solution? Tryen to expand my understanding here..

i want to try almond oil

I been wondering about that one as well.. There is also another one that caught my curioustiy at the health food store was Avacado oil.. Avacado's are really good for you too, just seems to me that the oil would be too.. Let me know if you do try the Almond oil I would like to know how it feels and runs out..

GSO is my oil of choice for HB. I make 90% of my gear from powder. Never heard of cottonseed sterility. Cottonseed acts as a preservative however and can keep gear from crashing longer then GSO. Both GSO and CSO share the same viscosity which allows for a decreased usage of BB to keep the solution from crashing. The antioxidant properties of GSO are lost through the sterilization process. I agree that all gear should pass through a .22 PVDF filter to eliminate bacteria and fungi however sterilized oil has a better viscosity and if your using syringe filters it can save your thumbs. However if you wish to save a buck and stock up buy a stericup system with a .45 PVDF filter to remove large size impurities (the stuff that gunks up your syringe filter and makes it hard to push through). I have about 5 gallons of GSO I sterilized via this process. As for my choice of GSO it was simply due to it's convenience as it is sold by the gallon at GNC and is 100% GSO.

Yeah I got gso by the gallon too. Still have some 45 filters to pre filter and some .22's on the way.. Didn't know that GNC sold it at their stores so now that I know that Ima check them out around my area here to see if they do here as well.. Thanx for the input..

Yeah I got gso by the gallon too. Still have some 45 filters to pre filter and some .22's on the way.. Didn't know that GNC sold it at their stores so now that I know that Ima check them out around my area here to see if they do here as well.. Thanx for the input..

NP good luck with it. Personally I would not want to use virgin olive oil it is like twice the price of GSO.

I have a buddy who keeps trying to tell me he wants me to start brewing his shit in coconut oil... I am like what are you gonna inject it with a turkey baster... Then again it does stay pretty warm down here, but shit...

I have a buddy who keeps trying to tell me he wants me to start brewing his shit in coconut oil... I am like what are you gonna inject it with a turkey baster... Then again it does stay pretty warm down here, but shit...

coconut oil huh.... sounds a little odd...

I can't give you any good science behind it, I just know it has something to do with the kind of fats in the oil. I'll look around but the board I learned everything from closed down years ago. It is good info though. Like I said, I use it for everything and I've never had a problem. It cost 15 bucks for a huge bottle at Sam's. Try it.

Right on bud I'll give some olive oil a shot in the near future.. Appreciate the input..

Back