Weight Gainers

Moyer

What are your opinions of weight gainers? I hear most of these are just overpriced sugar & whey protein. But Prolab's NLarge 2 seems to be pretty popular. I guess I'm wondering if this is worth buying or if I should just make my own weight gainer shakes.

Thanks.

Commercial weight gainers are a joke. You're essentially paying $30-$50 for maltodextrin. N-Large 2 is awful. Its packed with malto, which can be bought for $1 a pound, add in a few grams of protein and you're paying $35 for 10lbs of N-Large 2 that really costs around $10. Make your own gainer, tastes good and you know exactly whats in it, complex carbs...

15oz water (or milk)
2 scoops whey protein
2 scoops natural peanut butter
1 table spoon flax or fish oil
1/3 cup oats

Blend & enjoy.

YellowJacket said:
Commercial weight gainers are a joke. You're essentially paying $30-$50 for maltodextrin. N-Large 2 is awful. Its packed with malto, which can be bought for $1 a pound, add in a few grams of protein and you're paying $35 for 10lbs of N-Large 2 that really costs around $10. Make your own gainer, tastes good and you know exactly whats in it, complex carbs...

15oz water (or milk)
2 scoops whey protein
2 scoops natural peanut butter
1 table spoon flax or fish oil
1/3 cup oats

Blend & enjoy.

I love how when this subject comes up, you always are sure to include blend and enjoy.! thats is fucking classic.

judging from your blend, I'm assuming protein supps is something you don't want to take when trying to cut?
Am I right?

Dominance said:
judging from your blend, I'm assuming protein supps is something you don't want to take when trying to cut?
Am I right?

Couldnt be further from the truth...

You want EXTRA protein when cutting, not so many carbs when cutting. The blend Ive crafted would be fine for cutting, if youre careful with the amount of oats you add. Its high calorie however, mostly essential fats and protein.

if going to use a commercial gainer go with cytogainer from cytosprt it is only 5g of sugar and i believe 80 g complex carbs

SuperBBGirl said:
if going to use a commercial gainer go with cytogainer from cytosprt it is only 5g of sugar and i believe 80 g complex carbs

whatever you do....... just remember to "blend and enjoy!"
out'

Dont buy a pack of crap full of cheap protein and sugar... make it yourself... having said that my weight gainer contains 1500 calories, 100 grams of protein and 208 grams of complex carbs(i know the dosage is quite big)... see I could naturally eat this but the amino acids, vitamins, minerals and MCT's it provides me with wouldnt be so easy to get down through food.

Back