Weird Blood Test Result on Test E Cycle

shamlsn

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 220lb
BF: 15% estimate

First cycle (10 weeks):

250mg Test E (Aburaihan) every 3 days = total approx. 600mg pw
12.5mg Aromasin every day (started after feeling sensitive nipples after a week)
500 iu HCG every 3 days (started 4 weeks into cycle, will drop down to 250 iu e3d soon)

To cut a long story short, I am now 7 weeks into this, my first cycle, and decided to get my blood tested for total testosterone level as to be honest I was feeling like the test e was underdosed. This is my first cyle so didn't know how it would feel, but actually I haven't really felt any different to normal (in or out of the gym). I am lifting heavier weights now, but apart from a bit of gyno at the start, and a small amount of testicular shrinkage (now halted by taking HCG), I have no other sides. I have put on weight (30lb) but I don't think it is anything that couldn't be explained by just eating more and putting in extra effort at the gym (I put on fat/water weight very easily).

I took the blood sample 48 hours after pinning, and got the test results back - 14140 ng/dl. My understanding is that is a huge figure and way above what you would expect on my dosage of test e. For reference, before starting the cycle my level was around 250 ng/dl and I was seeing an endocrinologist for low testosterone.

What could be the cause of this massive result?

Is the blood test result wrong? (I doubt it)

Could my test e be massively overdosed? (surely not by that much)

Could my body be doing something weird? (I have no idea)

I'm really confused at the moment. IF my testosterone level WAS that high, surely I'd be able to feel it?!

Advice please.

Do you have any more info on the lab and specific test performed? Are there any notations regarding confirmation by dilution, etc?

Thanks. The lab is medichecks**** and I can't find any notations like that. The lab actually gave the result in nmol/l (490.3) which I then converted to ng/dl. The 'normal' range in nmol/l is 8-31. It is a very popular lab in the UK and I have not heard any negative reports about their tests. It was a total testosterone test - it was the only figure I was interested in so did not get any other tests done.

Well I have nothing to back it up, but I'd say that an inaccurate test is still the most likely explanation.
I checked your conversion using an online calculator and got the same result.

Just curious, aren't we supposed to check Free Test rather than Total Test?
I know someone who claims total test doesn't matter and only free test does, not sure about the difference and why.
How much should be TOTAL/FREE test 5 weeks into the first cycle?

Just curious, aren't we supposed to check Free Test rather than Total Test?
I know someone who claims total test doesn't matter and only free test does, not sure about the difference and why.
How much should be TOTAL/FREE test 5 weeks into the first cycle?

Free T matters but typically when you use synthetic test your free T will be higher than normal anyway, unless you have a high SHBG.

Total T is the more important figure in terms of dose and relation to test.. if you a had a total T of 300 and free T was normal you'd still likely feel like crap, free is how much of your total T isn't bound.

First cycle (10 weeks):

12.5mg Aromasin every day (started after feeling sensitive nipples after a week)
500 iu HCG every 3 days (started 4 weeks into cycle, will drop down to 250 iu e3d soon)

To cut a long story short, I am now 7 weeks into this, my first cycle, and decided to get my blood tested for total testosterone level as to be honest I was feeling like the test e was underdosed. This is my first cyle so didn't know how it would feel, but actually I haven't really felt any different to normal (in or out of the gym). I am lifting heavier weights now, but apart from a bit of gyno at the start, and a small amount of testicular shrinkage (now halted by taking HCG), I have no other sides. I have put on weight (30lb) but I don't think it is anything that couldn't be explained by just eating more and putting in extra effort at the gym (I put on fat/water weight very easily).

I took the blood sample 48 hours after pinning, and got the test results back - 14140 ng/dl. My understanding is that is a huge figure and way above what you would expect on my dosage of test e. For reference, before starting the cycle my level was around 250 ng/dl and I was seeing an endocrinologist for low testosterone.

I'm really confused at the moment. IF my testosterone level WAS that high, surely I'd be able to feel it?!

Advice please.

My god, with the amount of testosterone you're using per week, along with an aromatase inhibitor everyday, it's no wonder your levels are so high.
I would suspect you have naturally very high levels, and perhaps your Test E is overdosed.

First cycle (10 weeks):

Advice please.

I would definitely recommend getting tested again. And if that result truly is accurate, then you need to cut down your dosage pronto. Because with androgen levels that high, you are just asking for a heart attack.

Back