What happens to the weight?

Jer25

Before I go to sleep I weight myself, then again in the morning. I've been doing this for about a week and found the same result everyday. Each morning I'm 10 lbs lighter.
I don't go to the washroom during the night, so what happens to all that weight?

For the record: I don't wake up in a pool of sweat and I gain back that 10 lbs everyday too.

You breath and sweat it out. 8 hours of breathing alone and you'll lose a couple lbs of water easy. Ever sit in your car with no air circulating in cold weather. It only takes a few minutes for you to coat every window in the car with moisture. Add to that fact that most people sweat under the sheets quite a bit (whether you know it or not). 10lbs is pushing it IMO, but not totally unbelievable.

what dougo said, its the water. It happens to everyone, thats why people say if you want your real weight wiegh yourself in the morning

When you burn something (think of a pile of wood turning to ash) a chemical reaction occurs. The food in your body is metabolized (basically burned) and some of it is turned into CO2 and exhaled from the body. Most people don't realize that you lose a good amount of weight this way

10 lbs still seems high to me. I lose about 4, but I also sleep in a >70 degree room so I might not sweat as much as a person who sleeps in a 80 degree room. I would say if your losing that much weight you might want to think about drinking a lot of water before bed, and when you have to wake up to use the restroom drink some more.

I'm already drinking tons of water (about 5L/day), but I'll give it a try.
It is actually 10 lbs I'm not exaggerating.
Any ideas how to keep that weight?

Jer25 said:
Wow. I should consider cleaning my sheets more often.
Every week. Wow, 10 lbs. Are you leaning against the wall in the morning because you are still waking up? No? Well, damn... ain't that something.

man o man during wrestling season i wished that happend to me, i had to dehydrate to make weight all the time, wouldnt lose an oz. sleeping. lol

What kind of scale are you using? I think your scale is reading you wrong honestly. WHat are your stats. I am a wrestler and for the most part and i have my body down to a t, i know yours is different but still.

I will "float" anywhere from 1-3 lbs anight or so. But i think 10 is really pushing it. I know this because i weigh in on a scale that reads to the ounce ($1,000) scale. Alot of the ones that they sell are somewhat accurate but ive beeon on scales that should have been accurate but will weigh me 3lbs different within 10 minutes of not eating anything.

You do burn alot off while your sleeping.

{R}a{G}e said:
What kind of scale are you using? I think your scale is reading you wrong honestly. WHat are your stats. I am a wrestler and for the most part and i have my body down to a t, i know yours is different but still.

I will "float" anywhere from 1-3 lbs anight or so. But i think 10 is really pushing it. I know this because i weigh in on a scale that reads to the ounce ($1,000) scale. Alot of the ones that they sell are somewhat accurate but ive beeon on scales that should have been accurate but will weigh me 3lbs different within 10 minutes of not eating anything.

You do burn alot off while your sleeping.

You paid $1000.00 for a scale? Couldn't you think of anything better to spend that cash on? If you just looking for ways to get rid of cash I'll take a grant.

The scale I have at home is a cheap one but It's right on with the one that's at my gym. And now I'm back to losing 3-5lbs per night. I'm assuming that it was the cycle that I was doing. I wasn't actually concerned with it, I just wanted to know a bit more about my body.

Jer25 said:
You paid $1000.00 for a scale? Couldn't you think of anything better to spend that cash on? If you just looking for ways to get rid of cash I'll take a grant.

The scale I have at home is a cheap one but It's right on with the one that's at my gym. And now I'm back to losing 3-5lbs per night. I'm assuming that it was the cycle that I was doing. I wasn't actually concerned with it, I just wanted to know a bit more about my body.

he is a wrestler, im sure his gym has the scale he speak of...but yes ill have grant if you can drop 1k on a scale :p

First off you should stop weighing yourself so often, and i gotta agree with Rage i think it was about the scales, some scales are very shitty when you think their good.

And if you look the way you want to in the mirror, why care about what that shitty scale says???

Back