What is psychology and why is it important?

dialtone

In starting this forum, one of my biggest concerns that people would think psychology meant laying on a leather couch and talking about why they hate their parents. The truth is, psychology is an incredibly broad field that encompasses all perspectives as to why people do what they do, how to change what they do, why they feel a certain way, how to change the way they feel, how the brain and body works, and lastly and most importantly, how the human being interacts and is affected by the world around them. Literally every problem a person can experience, psychology is there studying how to fix it.

Within psychology, there are many branches. Among these there is cognitive and brain science which looks at the activity of the brain; physiological psychology which looks at how we sense and perceive the environment, clinical psychology which looks at emotional problems such as depression and anxiety, philosophical psychology which looks at theories of behavior and complex concepts of humans, and behavioral psychology which looks at the activity of the person and how this can be improved.

My specialties are behavioral and philosophical psychology. I study why people do what they do and how to change this to improve their life. I include how the person feels, thinks and how they respond to their environment. I also have extensive experience in cognitive and brain science, clinical and physiological psychology.

I just want you guys to know that no matter what the problem is (relationships, depression, your workouts, your diet, your use of anabolics, your job satisfaction, etc.), we can discuss them here and hopefully we will have the answers.

My girlfriend is getting her master's in Clinical Psychology and would appreciate this thread. Good post bro.

D....awesome bro.

I tanked hard, mentally a few months ago and suggested this to dpr but really was not qualified to do it.

Great post. I am a trained therapist but made the transition to management a number of years ago b/c I kept losing my patience for my patients.:mexican:

Steriod user psychoogy research

We are a team from Kingston University and we are interested in how people come to the decision to use steroids or if you haven***8217;t started what will influence your decision. There are two parts taking a maximum of 10, just click the link below to start.

research.millisecond.com/k0960343/Biatbatchmeadvantage.web

Truly valuable outlet for information! I graduated with a BS in psychology and hope people take advantage of a forum like this!

I actually have a keen interest in this subject and I appreciate this section of the forum.

Psychology is the science of the mind and behavior. Psychology comes from both philosophy and biology. This concept gives up people to know more about how the body and mind work. It can help out with decision making and avoiding tense positions. The most common use of anabolic steroids is specially for bodybuilders.

Last edited:
The study of behavior is an amazing field and is definitely being used by companies and media to mold peoples' minds to think a certain way. How we deal with it personally is also interesting. To not be affected by it is almost impossible.

This is quite an interesting topic. I like reading articles about social psychology, how people behave in groups etc. I hope this topic will have more interesting stories of our members. =)

So I'm here for some advice maybe.. maybe an opinion? Anyway, my now ex boyfriend, takes steroids. He's been taking them on & off for I think 2 years now. Not exactly sure which kind but he told me about it when we first met. So I've known this entire time. We'd been together for almost a year. He wasn't on cycle in the beginning of our relationship, he started again while we were dating (a few months ago). He does mens physique competitions and just came off cycle about 2 weeks ago.. He's said anytime in his past, whenever he went back on or off, he'd get really emotional and everything was just a problem and too much to deal with. He said he ruined a relationship in the past and a few other things in his life and those were some of his biggest regrets. I know the last time he came off of it, he lashed out on his brother and mom.. Our entire relationship was perfectly fine. Neither of us had anything to complain about. We connected so well, spent lots of time together, only had one argument (which resulted the week he was back on steroids and he realized the next day he completely over reacted because of that, he knew that wasn't something he'd normally get mad about and felt really dumb and embarrassed). Other than that, we both felt we'd end up married at some point. Feelings were completely mutual. Everyday has been the same, great. We'd spent the other night together, he was talking about getting us a place and the usual explaining how much he loves me and all. The next morning we woke up and he had a completely different look in his face that i've never seen. He looked so depressed and stressed out and he came out and said he never loved me and there is no possibility of us ever being happy together. Complete flip of a switch. A whole other person. He left and said he couldn't face talking about it. Later that day he still said the same thing and looked even more stressed and was crying a lot saying he doesn't even know why he feels like this and then would back track and say maybe he never actually felt the way he did. I told his brother everything that happened because he's dealt with him like this before and he says not to take him serious and its definitely him coming off the steroids. (His brother also takes steroids). He said to let them completely wear off before taking what he says seriously but i am so blindsided by this and so lost i don't know what i should do. Have any of you experienced a change in emotions like this?? He also sent me a text last night saying he wishes he waited to tell me because he said in quote, "I do wish this could've worked out.. to be completely honestly it might be the drugs I'm taking thats making me feel so indifferent because its happened before in my past.. but right now i can't tell and i can't force my emotions to change. I wanted to wait to tell you because theres a chance this side of me will change really soon. " ... So yeah, like i asked.. has anyone else experienced something like this?

Back