what routine do you recommend?

PilaS

Hi i started 1,5 years to lift.i am doing a muscle per day basics exercises 8-10 reps and accesories 10-12 resting 40-60 secs.i am not using roids,then,what routine do you think would the best for me?this,or works better low reps with high weight?

Hi i started 1,5 years to lift.i am doing a muscle per day basics exercises 8-10 reps and accesories 10-12 resting 40-60 secs.i am not using roids,then,what routine do you think would the best for me?this,or works better low reps with high weight?

I don't recommend one muscle group per day program at all especially for beginners/intermediate lifters. you need a lot more frequency, cause your not near advanced enough and strong enough to put that much homeostatic stress on each muscle group to warrant only training it once per week.

instead of just ONE routine, I would program for the bigger picture . have a complete macro cycle, meso cycle, and micro cycle. I'm an advocate of periodizing your training . break it up into phases
example.
first 4-5 weeks of training
phase 1 - strength phase, you train heavy weight and low reps. 3-6
next 4-5 weeks of training
phase 2 - hypertrophy phase, you train with heavy weights in the medium to higher rep range, 6-15
next 4-5 weeks of training
phase 3 - metabolite phase , your train with lighter weights with lots of drop sets and volume , high reps 12-20

each one of those phases is a meso cycle, the whole program is a macro cycle, and the micro cycle is the actual weekly training split put together for each of the phases.

example of the micro cycle, training split
day 1 - chest and biceps
day 2 - quads, calves, abs
day 3 - triceps and shoulders
day 4 - back and traps
day 5 - hamstrings, glutes, lats
day 6 - chest and triceps
day 7 - quads and biceps
day 8 - shoulders and traps
day 9 - back, lats, abs
then back to day 1 (this is just an example i'm throwing out there , you would want to have a specialized program with your needed volume and frequency)

this is not a 'weekly split' , its 9 separate workouts that need completed , and then the cycle starts back at day 1 . complete this cycle 4 times and your done with phase 1 , then move on to your program for phase 2 .

another way to do it is 'undulating' . instead of the linear phase 1, 2, 3 . you can mix it up so one week is a strength week, next week is a hypertrophy week, next week is metabolite . or you can add all three of those into one workout. personally i prefer the 4 week long phases though

Last edited:
Heavy deadlifts heavy squats barbell press and bench...... Build a solid foundation thats a mistake most people make start with basics

Bro, you are 22 years old, 6ft 3inches, 185lbs. I am familiar with your build as you are close to my stats when I was that age (u r an inch shorter). You need to hit the diet & start truckin some food brotha man! Hit the food & build a solid base as 9er says before you get too crazy.
I know what works best for me, is keep the body guessing. Don't settle into a routine & do the same shit over & over! The more you mix it up the more your body HAS TO adapt to!

Don't settle into a routine & do the same shit over & over! The more you mix it up the more your body HAS TO adapt to!

agree with this . don't just pick a routine and say thats it . modify if , customize it, program that shit and own it , then switch things up to keep muscular adaptations and overload occurring

Welcome to the board. :wavey

good info here on O'logy many years of BB'ers and Power lifter and sound knowledge. Stick with and keep updating us on your progress. We are all still learning as well as some teaching here.

Good Luck

Ok thabks for, the help.i was doing one muscle per day because i, like a lot of smash a muscle and i was doing 10***8212;12 reps but 5 on the. Basics and i was increasing a lot of my strenght.and other thing.in my gym there is a lot of people thst train 1 muscle per day smashing it at high reps and theu arent strongers.fo example i stsrted 1.5 years training and i lift 120kg 10 reps on squat and my objective wasnt never lift heavy.i know for people like you is shit weight but i trained with big peolle that makes just this.one muscle per day high reps.and they arent strongt people.
I am thinking on givegivdo a try to 5x5 routine for when, i make my first test e cycle on few monthss

Last edited:
When you are just starting out you do well on pretty much any program. I started at 19 or 20 yrs old and I put on 15 lbs in 3 months and that was doing shitty circuit training on machines...and I had no diet plan..but I was so underweight the response to weight was incredible. Working out made me hungry and I just ate more and the weight came.
But here's my regret... if I had guys like the ones giving you advice in this post.... I probably would have put on 30lbs.....maybe not in 3 months but in a year cause after that 15 I had to fight for every lb after that.

If you do 5x5 then your taking 49er advice more or less....
5x5 helped me put on 10lb in 9 months....without gear...and of course some fat but I needed it.
I like Roush's advice but maybe that seems complicated for you? That's OK. Save it for next year then. Your 22! You have plenty of time.
Train for 2 yrs really hard and stay Consistent and eat eat eat as mentioned above.... then if you gave it your all....consider using gear.

Back