Whatman Filter Question

PeterSmallton

Hey Guys,

Ive decided i am going to use a whatman filter to remove the small bits of rubber stopper that sometimes get in the vials.

I have seen videos on youtube, where they stick the whatman filter on the end of a syringe and then shoot out the liquid, but havent seen any videos with needles attached

my question is, can you put a needle on the other end the whatman filter and inject into you whilst the filter is attached? is that how it works? or do you filter a whole vial, into a brand new vial, then do normal injections?

i never did chemistry at high school.:doh:

also do you re use the whatman filters or do you replace them each time?

Thanks guys appreciate it

Don't make this complicated. And you really don't need to do this. Instead of constantly putting a needle into the rubber I leave an 18 g in it so I draw out oil then attach my inject needle.

So to use this you will put a pin in the vial that has the oil with rubber pieces. And attach another needle to bottom of filter and push that into new sterile vial. Draw liquid, detach needle, then attach syringe to filter and push liquid thru filter and needly into clean vial.

Don't make this complicated. And you really don't need to do this. Instead of constantly putting a needle into the rubber I leave an 18 g in it so I draw out oil then attach my inject needle.

So to use this you will put a pin in the vial that has the oil with rubber pieces. And attach another needle to bottom of filter and push that into new sterile vial. Draw liquid, detach needle, then attach syringe to filter and push liquid thru filter and needly into clean vial.

Thanks for that info mate, much appreciated, repped. just one last question, you dont re use the whatman filters do you?

would it be ok do a batch of 3 vials with the same whatman filter? or do you use a new whatman filter each vial?

Cheers

Thanks for that info mate, much appreciated, repped. just one last question, you dont re use the whatman filters do you?

would it be ok do a batch of 3 vials with the same whatman filter? or do you use a new whatman filter each vial?

Cheers

I have filtered up to 100 ml, which is 10 vials, with one whatman .22. I buy sealed sterile vials. i put a 22 gauge pin on the male end of the whatman and screw the filled syringe on the other. Then filter. Also need pin in the sterile vial to vent the pressure.

Back