When should I be concerned?

shitrock

I started on a cycle Of Test E last week, and when doing my first injection I was extremely clean but I think I may have moved the needle around too much while it was in and I know I didn't do it high enough on my glute.
That was 4 days ago and there is still a painful lump on my ass that is starting to bruise up a bit. The pain doesn't seem to be getting any worse, but it's not getting much better either. It's not extremely painful to the touch, but if I push on it , it just kinda feels like a bruise.

I'm just wanting to make sure it just sounds like I bruised them muscle to everyone on here.
If not when should I consider going to a doctor? (apprehensive to do that, because I don't really want to just come right out and tell him I'm on a cycle)

whats the color of the bruise? if you were clean doing your inject and just moved the needle i doubt its infection

also, if you have to go to the doctor, do not tell him you were on cycle. youll be fucked with insurance for life. it was a b12 shot if he needs to know.

whats the color of the bruise? if you were clean doing your inject and just moved the needle i doubt its infection

also, if you have to go to the doctor, do not tell him you were on cycle. youll be fucked with insurance for life. it was a b12 shot if he needs to know.

Good advice here. If anything, all you did was create extra scar tissue. The Gluteus Maximus is huge, so even if you went to low/centered you still hit it. Your only concern would be the sciatic nerve, in which case you would notice numbness/loss of feeling in the toes and leg (on which ever side you pinned) if you did some damage. If it was virgin muscle I would get a lacrosse ball, place it over the bruise and roll it out for 3x a day (10-20 motions) for 2-3 days and it should stop being painful. If the bruise is red and not your normal black/blue then I might be concerned about infection. If there is no change pain wise after 7-10 days (total) or you start noticing heat at the site or infection like symptoms then see a doc in my opinion.

Thanks for the advice guys! I was pretty sure there was nothing to worry about, but this is my first cycle, and I'm just an overly cautious person.
Good thought on the B-12! I once mentioned to my doctor that I had smoked weed in high school when he asked if I had ever used drugs, and now when trying to get insurance I've been labeled a "chronic drug abuser". So adding this to the list would not help.
Today is my leg day. Should I work another part of the body to avoid putting more stress on the area, or will working it out help?

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice guys! I was pretty sure there was nothing to worry about, but this is my first cycle, and I'm just an overly cautious person.
Good thought on the B-12! I once mentioned to my doctor that I had smoked weed in high school when he asked if I had ever used drugs, and now when trying to get insurance I've been labeled a "chronic drug abuser". So adding this to the list would not help.
Today is my leg day. Should I work another part of the body to avoid putting more stress on the area, or will working it out help?

Pinning the muscle you'll be working that day will reduce the pain at the injection site.

I popped a vicodin this morning with my supplements, because I have class today and I know that sitting for 6-8 hrs will NOT be comfortable!
I keep getting conflicting opinions on whether I should work out the legs today. I know that if I had just pinned, then working that are would be ok, but because it was a while ago and it's bruised now I'm not so sure. Seems like some say that working out the area will help it heal, and others say that I need to let it rest and give it time to heal and not do anything to aggravate it. I'm leaning more towards just letting it heal. My ass hurts enough already, and the last things I want to do it make it worse.

I'm on my first cycle too bro and I had some crazy pain at the injection site the first few shots and now no pain at all. Finding my sweet spots, warming the shot to make it flow easier, and cleaning the vial top all helped reduce the pain and paranoia. Also, it could have just been a virgin muscle. I'm dreading delt and quad shots for future cycles.

P.s. I couldnt even drive for like 3 days after one shot, worse pain I've felt but it went away with some hardcore massaging and my heat pad.

If you dont have a fever, you're probably fine. What is the concentration of the test? The test 400 im using always leaves a lump haha.

It's a test 300. I'm feeling a bit under the weather today, I just took my temp and it's 99.3, but I'm pretty sure it's just a mild case of test flu.
Man does my ass hurt though! If THIS is what I have to look forward to for the next 10 weeks, I'm not sure how excited I am to keep this all up.
And now what I'm sure you've all been waiting for, a picture of my ass! So what do you think, bruise or infection...?
View attachment 546965

Last edited:
Its hard to tell from the picture, but ya i get test flu randomly after shots. Doesn't look too bad tho. My whole ass cheek will flare up, but always goes down after a couple days. If its there for over 5 days, and you still have a high temp. id get it checked out to be safe.

Back