Which is easier to recover from? NPP vs EQ cycles inside.

RogerC11

I am planning my next cycle and was thinking of running either a short 8 weeker of NPP+Test Prop or a 16 weeker with EQ and Prop. I don't really like the idea of staying on that long for my second cycle but if it is easier to recover from than running a 19nor, I would find it more appealing. Here are what the proposed cycles look like:

Cycle 1
Week 1-8 Test prop @ 57mg EOD total 200mg/week
Week 1-6 NPP @ 57mg EOD total 200mg/week
Week 1-8 Aromasin 12.5mg EOD
Week 2-8 HCG 250iu x 2 / week. Total 500iu/week

Cycle 2
Week 1-16 Test prop @ 57mg EOD total 200mg/week
Week 1-13 EQ @ 85mg EOD total 300mg/week
Week 1-16 Aromasin 12.5mg EOD
Week 10-16 HCG 250iu x 2 / week. Total 500iu/week

PCT for both cycles:
Clomid 50/25/25/25
Nolva 40/20/20/20
Aromasin 12.5mg EOD
GW50516 10mg/day

Stats:
32 years old
Training 11 years
1 cycle of test prop only 6 weeks
5'4" 141lbs 11% bodyfat

For you more experienced guys, which of these 2 cycles would be easier to recover from? Both cycles would be run as a cutting cycle.

you weight 141 pounds? what do you eat these days? and you say this is your next cycle? how where your gains after your last cycle?

Last edited:
Yes, I eat a balanced diet right now and am in a slight caloric deficit. Gains from the first cycle were very nice precycle weight was 138 and after cycle was 155 but didn't like the extra fat I was carrying so I cut. Here are a couple of pics to illustrate precycle and post cycle.
View attachment 565574View attachment 565575

141 pounds even at 5ft4 that's light brother and your cutting my lord post up a picture

Last cycle was test prop 6 weeks at 350mg/week. Tried posting some pics but I think they need to be approved by admin.

I'll take a stab at this. IMO, longer cycles take longer to recover from(from a PCT standpoint). In your case, neither of the cycles you have up are really long. Obviously, one is longer than the other.
Im more concerned with why you would inject EQ EOD unless you found a short ester blend? I honesly don't see 300mg/wk yielding much benefit even at your size.

Why would you want to cut at 140lbs?
Aromasin isnt going to help with the NPP.
Your PCT is overkill IMO
Run test longer than everything else you run

My solid advice. Read through some cycles on here and come up with a better game plan.

Yes, I eat a balanced diet right now and am in a slight caloric deficit. Gains from the first cycle were very nice precycle weight was 138 and after cycle was 155 but didn't like the extra fat I was carrying so I cut. Here are a couple of pics to illustrate precycle and post cycle.

good idea to post a pic of your face here. :) and you say your 32 years old? more like 18 to me.

Last edited:

Well you do look bigger that's for sure I don't think it warrants at cut though imo keep bulking brother

running test Prop with a short ester compound like NPP makes sense . but why are you considering running test prop with a long long running compound like EQ ? Test e is a much better choice.

If by 'recovery' you mean HPTA restart and getting your natural test production up and going again . Well keep in mind that estrogen plays a key factor in this. Both EQ and NPP can convert to estrogen , but have a fairly low affinity to do so. They are fairly equal as far as that goes. BUT , your running test with both of these proposed cycles obviously and test does convert to estrogen fairly rapidly .

Restart is going to depend a lot on estrogen , if your entering pct and your body has high amounts of estrogen then your body will not want to produce more natty testosterone (estrogen is a factor responsible for shut down ,,, most guys don't realize this,, you'll never turn back on natty production with high levels of estrogen). Keeping estrogen on the low low side , and keeping it in check will make restart much easier (which is much more important of a factor then deciding wither to use NPP or EQ; again , the Testosterone is the most aromatizing compound in your proposed cycle).

a short cycle with low aromatizing compounds and zero estrogen spikes is the easiest to recover from , but may also not be the most beneficial for maximum gains either ,, imo . choices choices :)

Back