Who will be champion longer?

Eze

Now that UFC 83 is over we need a new topic.

Who is going to hold onto the Championship belt longer:

GSP @ 170
Anderson Silva @ 185

Who is the biggest threat to GSP?
Who is the biggest threat to Silva?

I think GSP is more beatable than Anderson, but only by a slim margin. Neither of them have any real threats on the horizon but it's mma so who knows.

The only way someone is going to beat GSP is buy a throwing a wild punch that connects and KO's him (ie Serra #1)

He won't even be out boxed. GSP is too smart and has too many tools. If he can't out strike someone, then he can take them down and beat on them on the ground. That's why he is so dangerous, you can't put him anywhere on the mat where you can truly dominate him.

Sure, he may not be the best fighter off his back, but who is going to be the guys that takes GSP down at will......? Superstar wrestler Koscheck was supposed to, but it didn't happen.

GSP walked through Hughes in the last two fights like he was an amateur.

Who's next? John Fitch?

the next opponents for GSP,
Fitch, Sanchez, Alvez, Then A Sliva if hes still around
This is just my opinon of course

They both have no decent challenge in the UFC right now.

If Henderson stays in the UFC i see him getting another title shot after a couple of wins.
However I believe that Nog will hold the title longer than both of those if his eye issue doesnt get worse and Fedor doesnt come to the UFC.

i dont see nog having to many fights left, hes been in to many wars and hes starting to age pretty quick, gsp is only 26 and has only been hurt 1 time and it was sort of a flash ko so he didnt really take any damage, he should be able to stay on top well into his mid 30's

Middleweight doesn't have much competition for Silva. Silva is at the top, then there is everyone else. I think Hendo has the best chance beating Silva, but he won't get a re match until he get a couple wins at MW which will take some time. I think the best battles at 185lbs are the guys fighting to be the #1 contender, not the title fights.

Welterweight IMO is the deepest division in the UFC. GSP is going to have tough battles in each title defense, but if he pulls off the same performance as his last two fights no one at 170lbs can touch him. He dictates the pace of the fight and determine where the fight is going to be. That's a nice advantage to have.

Heavyweight, I don't see many guys in the UFC taking out Nog, but there two guys that can easily sign with the UFC and win the title: Fedor, Barnet.

This is a tough call to make

lightweight is probably the deepest divsion in the ufc, then welterweight, IMO anyways.

i dont really see anybody giving gsp fits, except maby BJ if he moves back up. He'll have a few tough guys but shouldnt have to much trouble
fitch he outstrikes and out wrestles
alves he outwrestles and takes down at will the GNP
sanchez is just a total domination gsp wins anywhere the fight goes

bj can give gsp alot of trouble, better jj, great takedown defence, top notch striking.

I'd say Silva if he stays with the UFC (probably will) because of how weak 185 looks as a whole (contender wise). GSP will hold that belt for awhile though.

Back