Why add fat in protein shake ?

proslam

Many cie add fat in they formula and other not ?

A shake not suppose to be fast in action to cut the catabolism and nourrish the body faster ie before and after training . So at this point the oil slower the entry of amino acid that why a night time oil-protein is better ?

I try the syntra-6 of BSN in water and it seen that i have not hypoglycemia 1 hour after , so for me a formulation with 6 gr fat will be a good idea at wake up time shake ?

lot of question but the main question is to you add oil and did you and carb at the same time, still trying to lose 5-10 pound. ??? thanks.

im gonna try to decipher this one.

after a workout, you generally dont want a lot of fat in your meal or shake.

for most people not on an advanced protocol that calls for specific nutrients and timing etc, basically just doing regular weight loss, maintenance, or muscle gain, most meals will be/should be a balanced meal with lean proteins, slower digesting carbs, and healthy fats.

so...
i was wondering. will a fish oil cap. before taking protein do the same as the slow kinds he's talking about? either way i'm not buying that kind of protein... so, would this at least help?

still trying

thenutritionist said:
so...
i was wondering. will a fish oil cap. before taking protein do the same as the slow kinds he's talking about? either way i'm not buying that kind of protein... so, would this at least help?

Like this morning i take a small banana with teaspoon of coconut oil and isolate whey 2serving 50gr protein and i feel very energétic. past 1 hour and half and i take my special oatmeal bar.

So in the morning i really like and coconut oil at wake up time. thank :rockband:

I add oil or caps when I want the protein to be absorbed slower, but I am not getting in a full meal. Most of the time, it is best to get solid food in your gut around the time of the shake. I handle laying down with food in my gut and fighting indigestion all night. Instead, I slam a shake and a fistful of fish oil caps. If I have a mid-afternoon shake without food, I take a fistful of fish oil or flax caps with it.

I DO NOT take oil with my PWO shake. That kind of screws up the whole idea.

Swellin said:
I add oil or caps when I want the protein to be absorbed slower, but I am not getting in a full meal. Most of the time, it is best to get solid food in your gut around the time of the shake. I handle laying down with food in my gut and fighting indigestion all night. Instead, I slam a shake and a fistful of fish oil caps. If I have a mid-afternoon shake without food, I take a fistful of fish oil or flax caps with it.

I DO NOT take oil with my PWO shake. That kind of screws up the whole idea.

a fistful? i just take one. how much do you need? can someone give me a breakdown of how much to take?

thenutritionist said:
a fistful? i just take one. how much do you need? can someone give me a breakdown of how much to take?
you dont take fish oil caps for the fat macro's, you take them for the DHA/EPA. If you want to "slow down the digestion" of the whey, use actual oil. Theres 1g fat per capsule, which is pretty insignificant. And id rather add a tbsp of canola or olive oil to my shake than swallow 10-15 caps.

Back