Why Oatmeal?

akhlaq768

I have been recently loads about Oatmeal, just wondering how important it is in the diet. Do they high protien or stuff.

its basically unprocessed, low gi, high fiber carbs. Same goes with sweet potatos and brown rice. Oatmeal has 5g protein per half cup, but i dont eat it specifically for its protein content, but i do count it.

its the best alternative to standard carbs like cereal, bread, and other processed "enriched" stuff. even stuff that is labelled as "whole wheat" or "whole grain".

Dude, there is so many good things about oatmeal that you really need to google it to get all the facts. suareezay mentioned a few, it also helps to remove serum cholestrol.

lol...ok this is gonna sound stupid but i seriously havent ate oatmeal since i was probably 5 or 6 so i hardly remember it... what kind do you get and how do you make it or is their different ways? is it just a side dish or what?

B bOy CrAyOn said:
lol...ok this is gonna sound stupid but i seriously havent ate oatmeal since i was probably 5 or 6 so i hardly remember it... what kind do you get and how do you make it or is their different ways? is it just a side dish or what?
old fashioned quaker oats

i just put it in a bowl with enough water to cover the oats, microwave it for 2 minutes, and stir. Plain oatmeal is like the textbook bland, health food, but i love it.

you can also cook it on the stove, it tastes completely different this way. Different in a good way. It just takes longer.

theres a lot of recipes here for it, but i usually use cinnamon and splenda, ground flax seeds, honey & raisins (pwo), maple syrup (pwo), or cottage cheese.

OC Cartel said:
i blend mine up w/ protein powder, milk, ice, and olive oil.....
i do the same thing for an MRP. Minus the milk. I use canola oil though...it tastes way better. I use olive oil for cooking, salads, and drizzle it on broccoli <---yum!.

Suareezay said:
i do the same thing for an MRP. Minus the milk. I use canola oil though...it tastes way better. I use olive oil for cooking, salads, and drizzle it on broccoli <---yum!.

good lookin.......i'll try that out.

Back