Workout Frequency While On A Steroid Cycle?

ripit25

I was wondering if it was O.K to work muscle groups more than once a week while on a cycle, especially large ones like chest?

How do peoples workouts vary when they are on? Do you keep your routine the same and just lift with greater intensity (more exercises per muscle, lifting to failure, shorter breaks in between sets).

I know you tend to recover faster while on but I don't want to risk overtraining.

Train Q's should post in training tread, you'll get more response.
I train each body part twice a week on a bulker, especially those lagging. One session heavy low reps 5-8 (3 min rest) between. The next session higher reps 10-12 (45-60 sec)

Last edited:
I stayed the same with my workouts. I may be working out harder because of the psychological effect. I also try to hit each body part twice a week. I like the duration between sets as stated above though. I think I will try that!

THERE IS NO ANSWER that anyone will give you that will work for you definately. Work load, intensity, volume, diet, rest, genetics, CNS capacity, etc and the list goes on.

Generally you have a better ability to recover, better protein synthesis. So basically if you know what works for you when off, you can start from there when on.

i would find your limit, then take some time off. while on cycle i would rather overtrain slightly then undertrain. i know my body though and i can read the symptoms. once i see them im not afraid to rest myself.

DougoeFre5h said:
So basically if you know what works for you when off, you can start from there when on.

Bingo. I almost never alter my training from when I am "off" or "on". I see no need or benefit really. Whatever works off will work on.

Warmachine said:
i would find your limit, then take some time off. while on cycle i would rather overtrain slightly then undertrain. i know my body though and i can read the symptoms. once i see them im not afraid to rest myself.
Ding ding ding. That is what training is all about, pushing the limit, knowing when to delaod and GROW.

Back