Wow, did'nt know how bad low T really hurt performance

IHI

Going to say I'm not full beast mode like so many of ya, but I'm envious you guys can make time since I do love lifting and would honestly have a twice a day schedule if time permitted I enjoy it so much. My excuse is, lol, 40yr old with a 13yr old daughter that plays 2 travel sports and is now practicing with the high school team for softball, so her schedule of training is an honest 7 day a week run. Sun-travel team softball to keep dust off, mon/wed travel volleyball, tues/thurs/fri high school softball, then Saturdays are tournament days for volleyball right now. So taking kids to school, picking up niece after school, running kids non stop and then our oops baby will be entering Tball this spring will make things even crazier..add to that working third shift so not eating/sleeping like a normal person. Usually get 4-6hrs of sleep a day in 2 blocks, pick the blocks- 2hrs in morning, 4 hrs before going to work. 3/3, 4/2...it is what it is at this point and honestly no wonder my body is jacked up but no other choice with children/family and making it work.

So anyhow, last fall when I had 1-2hrs of freetime I was down in our lil gym in the basement and worked my ass off while I was down there each day, and gains were painfully slow pre TRT. Finally got on TRT, had kids stuff and then took on side work, so zero time/energy for lifting. Been about a year since I lifted, so 3 weeks ago I got time again, and that first week was a real downer, it's like I was starting all over again from the very initial beginnings weight wise...but as the week progressed I was really "healing" PWO quickly. Week two it was almost like picking up where I had left off a yr ago, and last night beginning of this yrs week 3, I bested where I was at a year ago after 6 months of "my" hard training. I'm actually very surprised how dramatic getting just a single hormone correct has had, and these are doctor dictated dose of 100ml/wk, and just trying to eat as clean and right as I can. Currently throwing around the idea of after a few months to get body readjusted to training and letting the diet/smarter eating kick in, dabbleing with a cycle just to see what effect it may have for my own curiosity...not looking for pro athlete strength/build, but what guy here isn't giddy when you can make a giant step vs the baby steps LOL..American way I guess.

So anyhow, don't know really why I'm posting other than if for any other reason, some guy happens across here doing his own pre TRT research, that getting your body sorted out makes a huge difference in not only your day to day life and sense of well being, bedroom life with the SO, but if/when you do train, if your T is low, your getting slower gains (at least that is what I found personally so results may vary) Right now I'm more excited than ever to know my hard work is paying off like it should for a normal person, mentally it begins to break you when you spend all that time putting in work and barely make tiny strides, so these past few weeks have been a much needed mental booster to keep the drive going since the sweat and hurt every night is for something...finally. Maybe it's not the TRT and this is just a surge since I'm getting back after it, but I'm going to go with my theory :)

Anyhow, I read a lot in here so thank you guys for ALL the good info/experience, it all helps keep me motivated and some days that's very very hard to do LOL.

Last edited:
TRT has been a life saver for most of us hypogonadal guys. I wish I didn't have to be on TRT, but since I do I am glad it works so well.

If I see a movie made from 2000-2010, it's nothing at ALL like I remember it. That's just a teeeensy facet of life that has changed for me. The list is far too long to put here; but yeah, that's one powerful little hormone. ;)

Back