Your kids diet...?

hardbody04

For all you who have kids.....i have my first one on the way (due in July) just wondering who you feed your kids...im sure they cant be eating exactly like you if you are bulking cutting etc....i just cant believe how many fat kids you see....now part of being a kid is getting to drink a coke eat a happy meal etc....but in limited quanity just wondering how you control what your kids eat.....

I actually just did a research paper on Organic foods and the harmful affects of pesticides on young children:

Lu C, Toepel K, Irish R, et al. 2006. Organic diets significantly lower children's dietary exposure to organophosphorus pesticides. Environ Health Perspect 114:260-63.

What would happen if only organic fruits, vegetables, and grain products were included in children's diets? That's what investigators in Seattle, Washington, set out to determine when they recruited 23 children aged 3-11 years for a small study. All children lived in homes where pesticides were not used. The children ate their usual diet for three days, substituted organic foods for most of their usual foods (fruits, vegetables, juices, wheat- or corn-based foods) for five days, and then ate their usual diet for seven days. The amount of organophosphorus pesticides, which are known to cause neurologic effects in humans, in the children's urine was measured. The concentration of two of the pesticides in urine dropped below the detection limit immediately after the organic diet was started and stayed below this limit until conventional foods were reintroduced. The study authors conclude that organic diets provide protection against organophosphorus pestidde exposure in young children, especially if these pesticides are not used in the children's homes. Foods that were most likely to contain organophosphorus pesticides included peaches, celery, sweet peppers, cherries, strawberries, wheat, barley, and soybeans. While it is not always possible to purchase organic foods, choosing organic forms of foods that are known to be most likely to contain pesticides is one way to reduce exposure to these compounds.

It is also thought that these pesticides can cause neurological damages to not only children, but to adults too.

You owe it to your children to teach them proper nutrition. They should eat the same food (not right when they're born though!) just in smaller amounts. Meaning, the right proportions of food and lots of veggies, vitamin rich foods, etc.

Don't give your kids ANY Coke. I gave some to mine and it was all downhill after that.

Don't have shit in the house and they won't eat shit.

Give them quality foods.

And if you are on some freak diet, then certainly don't make your children eat the same diet. Childhood obesity isn't likely to be a problem unless they live off of sugar like 70% of the kids out there.

mranak said:
lol. Good luck with that.

yeah probably highly unlikly.....kids should be kids and get some junk every now and then but i think having good foods in the house and feeding them good foods is the key....i think a lot of the reason for all the fat kids is they eat McDonalds 3 x a day and they dont' get out side and play.....

If you are eating healthy your kids should be eating what you are eating--no special meals for kids. Whether you are bulking or cutting up your diet should be balanced and healthy--bulking you eat more, cutting you eat less but the quality of food should be consistently healthy for your entire life. There is no reason to ever eat McDonalds.

I don't think a happy meal and a coke on the weekend is going to kill them....i mean you got to let them be kids too....just control it.

I would keep them away from junk food for as long as possible, because once they become teenagers you can no longer control their diet. Might as well keep it very strict when they are young and more importantly teach them about healthy nutrition and exercise.

Husky, I totally agree w/ you. There is no point/nutrional value in eat junk food to gain weight - unless you want to gain fat. Now if you doing it for the taste that's a totally different story but don't claim it's helping you get big! I did that once, now I'm fat :( hahaha

outlawtas2 said:
I would keep them away from junk food for as long as possible, because once they become teenagers you can no longer control their diet. Might as well keep it very strict when they are young and more importantly teach them about healthy nutrition and exercise.

You have to be carefull what you teach kids about food...you dont want to teach them food is a reward for instance. being to restrictive will also backfire once they get older and do whatever they want. As stated, keep good food choices that THEY LIKE in the house, keep them active, and let them have some junk here and there if they ask for it.

do your kids a favor, especially females, and dont make food a big deal.

put them on a balanced and healthy diet, splurge when it is called for but when in school i think a major thing that kids need to be involved in is sports. My mom made me go out for wrestling when i was frosh in high school or i might have very well turned into a fat worthless shit, and i would have been in a lot of trouble. Make them try football/wrestling/baseball ect. something to keep them active and you won't have as big of a problem with being overweight.

Yep i think that is a big thing now a days kids like to hang inside the house and the parents dont really care as long as they arent bothering them.....i grew up playing baseball, hunting, ridding 4 wheelers so i always had something active to do.......same will be for my kids

buy good food for the home and never take them to any fast food places. if they don't experience fast food, they will never want it. same thing with soda, candy etc.

Tafman said:
buy good food for the home and never take them to any fast food places. if they don't experience fast food, they will never want it. same thing with soda, candy etc.
god i am glad im not your kid

Back