14 lbs the week of contest

D-Rog

I am competing at 176. I was 185 before sodium load. Today is Sunday I am 190, my competition is saturday. I am in need of emergency advice. Any experience based help would be greatly appreciated.

I lost exactly 14lbs in three days prior to my competition. You shouldnt be doing any sodium loading if you want to shed water. Cut all your sodium in your diet. This takes 10 days. For 7 days drink 12liters of water and eliminate dietary sodium by boiling all sources of carbs and protein. Its bland as hell but it works. I also took herbal diuretics for that period. you should also be carb depleting during these 7 days. As a result of your massive water consumption your body will release a diruretic hormone causing you to shed extra water. on day 8 completely cut your water intake. the levels of diuretic hormone in your body will keep your body pissing out water as if you were still consuming 12liters per day. Consume no more water until day 10 which is your contest day.

Sodium is excreeted by the body in your sweat and your urine. The diuretic hormone effects your renal canals preventing them from reobsorbing sodium and thus your body will continue to shed water and sodium with low concentrations of water in the body. Just don't drink more than 12 liters a day as you can flush out too much sodium and achieve an electrolyte imbalance. This happened to me and I started to cramp up pretty bad.

I dont know much about training, but I suppose you can do this as long as your comp. is fairly soon. You drain too much water outta your system and you'll start to look flat. Plus the cramps are always a bitch without enough salt in your system. This is what a kid at the gym was doing, and his comp. was a couple weeks away. he was already starting to get the sunken in eye's and face. No bueno.

I dont know much about training, but I suppose you can do this as long as your comp. is fairly soon. You drain too much water outta your system and you'll start to look flat. Plus the cramps are always a bitch without enough salt in your system. This is what a kid at the gym was doing, and his comp. was a couple weeks away. he was already starting to get the sunken in eye's and face. No bueno.

When you drain the water out you look crisp and sharp not flat. The kid your talking about is probably looking flat because he is carb depleted.

also hit the sauna 2 x a day 20 min eh, it will pull the water out with the sodium bloat. i dont sodium load for my comps im to afraid of the outcome. if i didnt come in shreeded like i do i would change things, but youll find what works for you, just as i have, 12 comps won 5 overalls. so i have a good record sorta speak. good luck

184 today at the end of my carb depletion phase. Switched to distilled water and tapered my sodium down. I'll start my carb up phase today and tomorrow then nearly starve myself on friday. Cut sodium completely on thursday and hopefully I'll lose the rest.

First day of carb up and im back up to 189. Just got my hands on some lasix. How should I dose it.

I'm prolly talking to myself at this point but it's 24 hours from weigh in and im 180. Any last minute advise?

Weighed in at 171. Weighed 180 for night show. Got 5th out of 12. 198 this morning. I know how to put it back on.

Back