21 years old and low testosterone

Efe1

Hi guys, I'm 21 years old and I believe I have low testosterone

So here are my symptoms:
- low enery( sleep a lot, and tired a lot)
- lowered libido
- rare morning wood(about 80% of the mornings there is no morning wood)
- rare if any spontaneous erections throughout the day
- erections rarely as hard as they used to be
- bad mood (I get easily angry and sometimes take a long time to calm down)
- no motivation
- brain fog (difficulty concentrating, it really does feel like a fog sets down on my mind)
Symptoms started slowly appearing around May last year and have gotten worse (libido lowe, less energy, more ED problems)

I have done some bloodwork on two occasions at two different places
First one
Date: 30.03.2018
Total testosterone levels: 408 ng/dL ref. ranges 259 - 816 ng/dL, this test was done in a lab where you pay money to have the test, the results were in a couple of days, time of test 9:30 AM

Second one
Date: 21.05.2018
Total testosterone levels: 745,16 ng/dL ref. ranges 319-913 ng/dL
Thyroid hormones: T4 15,4 and TSH 2,5 no reference ranges were given, it just says there results are in normal ranges
This second test was done in a public hospital where it is free ( a percentage of you pay is deducted every month and you have free medical care, this is a public medical system), and I waited around a month to get the results, time of test 11 AM

So my questions are
Even though I felt slightly better on the day of the second test it was still far from optimal, so how could the two tests give back such dramatically different results?
Is it possible that one of them ( maybe the hospital one based on my symptoms) could be wrong?
I talked to the guy who owns the lab of the first test that maybe a trial run (a couple of months) of TRT would be beneficial to see if my symptoms would improve or go away completely, and he knows a private doctor who could give me trt, so would it be beneficial to try it out?
My stats: 195 meters tall, 80 kilograms, around 15% bodyfat.

Sorry for the long text but I really need help with this guys.
Thank you!!!

Hi, thank you
My past lifestyle always been fairly active played volleyball before, currently only going to the gym, weightlifting
Never took any steroids in my life, but honestly considering them since I feel I have nothing to lose with the way I'm feeling now lol ( not saying I'm depressed but if my problem is really low t then I couldn't care less if I don't bounce back post cycle)
Not taking any meds right now, and never took anything besides antibiotics
Diet is fairly diverse protein and fat rich, not optimal but it's good
Thank you!!!

At 21 going on TRT is not such a great option, particularly if kids are in your future. Something like clomid mono-therapy might make a big difference for you, would be easy to try it out.

Hi tankmanbob, it would just be a trial run of TRT it would last a couple of months, mainly to see if low T is indeed my problem

Hi guys, I'm 21 years old and I believe I have low testosterone

So here are my symptoms:
- low enery( sleep a lot, and tired a lot)
- lowered libido
- rare morning wood(about 80% of the mornings there is no morning wood)
- rare if any spontaneous erections throughout the day
- erections rarely as hard as they used to be
- bad mood (I get easily angry and sometimes take a long time to calm down)
- no motivation
- brain fog (difficulty concentrating, it really does feel like a fog sets down on my mind)
Symptoms started slowly appearing around May last year and have gotten worse (libido lowe, less energy, more ED problems)

I have done some bloodwork on two occasions at two different places
First one
Date: 30.03.2018
Total testosterone levels: 408 ng/dL ref. ranges 259 - 816 ng/dL, this test was done in a lab where you pay money to have the test, the results were in a couple of days, time of test 9:30 AM

Second one
Date: 21.05.2018
Total testosterone levels: 745,16 ng/dL ref. ranges 319-913 ng/dL
Thyroid hormones: T4 15,4 and TSH 2,5 no reference ranges were given, it just says there results are in normal ranges
This second test was done in a public hospital where it is free ( a percentage of you pay is deducted every month and you have free medical care, this is a public medical system), and I waited around a month to get the results, time of test 11 AM

So my questions are
Even though I felt slightly better on the day of the second test it was still far from optimal, so how could the two tests give back such dramatically different results?
Is it possible that one of them ( maybe the hospital one based on my symptoms) could be wrong?
I talked to the guy who owns the lab of the first test that maybe a trial run (a couple of months) of TRT would be beneficial to see if my symptoms would improve or go away completely, and he knows a private doctor who could give me trt, so would it be beneficial to try it out?
My stats: 195 meters tall, 80 kilograms, around 15% bodyfat.

Sorry for the long text but I really need help with this guys.
Thank you!!!

God damn, you're tall!

You'd probably need levels around 1 million to feel normal.

Hi tankmanbob, it would just be a trial run of TRT it would last a couple of months, mainly to see if low T is indeed my problem

TRT is a multi month affair. If you are taking a long ester like enanthate or cyp you'll need at least 10 weeks or so to hit max blood levels, then you'll need time to dial in the AI, and time to hang out at a fixed level to see how you do once everything is in equilibrium. Could take four to six months, so don't kid yourself that it's just a couple, meaning like two or less.

And factor in the inevitable truth that you'll be suppressing your natural systems and possibly making a bad situation worse (with regard to returning to natural). TRT at 21 is a lousy option, to be saved for a last ditch effort.

Try a run of HCG to get your balls working better, or a run of clomid first. Both of those won't leave you with any lasting damage, and if you do them intelligently (meaning with blood work to monitor effects on LH and testosterone levels) you will figure out if you are primary or secondary.

One problem with a "trial run" of TRT thay uses testosterone is it will shut down your natural production. It would be the same as a steroid cycle and need post cycle therapy.

Estrogen and estradiol levels will help. So would leutinizing hormone/LH and follicle stimulating hormone/FSH, Free testosterone, Sex hormone binding globole/SHBG.

The endocrine systems is a dance between lots of things and that's a pretty big difference.

Like Tankmanbob mentioned said. Trying other options before using testosterone is the cautious approach and monitoring how your hormones change.

Back