23 on TRT - Concerned about the process & fertility - Bloodwork attached

TahsRealm

23 and on TRT. Endos are absolutely horrible. I've been on test E only for about 3 years now around 150mg every 10 days or when I blast I'll do 200 x2 a wk. I do get the occasional hormonal cyst like acne on my back or random areas.
I'm a little worried in general and have anxiety whenever a health problem comes up that its due to TRT. I'm afraid to get off because I don't think my natty levels will recover.
My current situation is drawing with a 18G, switching to a 25 1 inch for injection. I am primarily concerned with losing fertility, if I have to inject myself for the rest of forever I would at least like to have children. My balls are up and it's pretty uncomfortable honestly I am not used to having my balls up like this, to the point where when I'm having sex and cum hard enough my ball flys up and goes into hiding for a second lmfao, and I've only learned how to inject glutes, which sucks, and my doctors suggested I watch YouTube to learn how to do shots (great!)

I prefer living a life on Test because it's really helped with anxiety, confidence, etc but I am constantly worrying about my health or think I am doing something wrong with this whole thing. One person says run HCG with TRT and that you can even substitute Clomid for HCG, and the other says absolutely not. I'm lost and fucking stressed. Does anyone recommend a path to go from here? Is injecting T with an insulin needle easier? Should I be taking something to help my fertility?

View attachment 567854
My shot was 150MG on 3/19/20 before this bloodwork 3/26

I do donate blood every 6 months or so and I get bloodwork pretty often.

Last edited:
Curious to know who says absolutely not to using HCG with your TRT It's basically the answer to your issues.

And as far as insulin needles, no not really. I tried using those fixed needle ones with 29g 1/2". The needles are so cheap that after you penetrate the rubber stopper on the test bottle half the time they are so dulled that they hurt more than a fresh 25g needle (which doesn't hurt at all). And pushing oil through 29g can be anywhere from difficult to a no go.

Last edited:
Repeat Tankman. Low LH and FSH will lower sperm production and the stimulation of testicles to produce sperm and testosteron.

HCG simulates LH and stimulates the testicles to produce testosterone. It's also used to keep them from shrinking and not coming back since they will shut down with testosterone.

Clomid and HCG are not close to the same. Clomid is an effect free fake estrogen connecting to receptors where HCG is a LH faker stimulating the testicles.

As said, you need to be on hCG. That will keep your testicles functioning just enough to help maintain your fertility

Your Total Testosterone number was pretty low in your lab work. 300ng/dl is still hypogonadal. I know that's close to your trough, but I would encourage you to seek a higher testosterone dosage. 150mg every 10 days is a pretty low dose. For comparison, I am on 200/week. I inject 100mg every 3.5 days to help manage estradiol.

Keep an eye on that glucose too. I hope you weren't fasted when you ran that lab.

As said, you need to be on hCG. That will keep your testicles functioning just enough to help maintain your fertility

Your Total Testosterone number was pretty low in your lab work. 300ng/dl is still hypogonadal. I know that's close to your trough, but I would encourage you to seek a higher testosterone dosage. 150mg every 10 days is a pretty low dose. For comparison, I am on 200/week. I inject 100mg every 3.5 days to help manage estradiol.

Keep an eye on that glucose too. I hope you weren't fasted when you ran that lab.

I don't believe I was but I'm going to get it tested again. Where do you inject? what needle size? I just did one of 200mg now, want to see how that goes trying once a week, if no good I will try to reduce times, I really hate injecting so frequently. I get constant anxiety like how the fuck am I going to be able to inject my glute forever or do this shit when I'm elderly

I'm going to head to the endo and get HCG. What doses should I be looking at?

I've had my endo tell me shouldn't run HCG with trt, one bodybuilder says run more HCG less test so your body doesnt get used to the oils and it is better for your prostate in the long run. everyones opinions seem to be different on it but I definitely want to try it for the sake of my balls

I don't believe I was but I'm going to get it tested again. Where do you inject? what needle size? I just did one of 200mg now, want to see how that goes trying once a week, if no good I will try to reduce times, I really hate injecting so frequently. I get constant anxiety like how the fuck am I going to be able to inject my glute forever or do this shit when I'm elderly

I'm going to head to the endo and get HCG. What doses should I be looking at?

I've had my endo tell me shouldn't run HCG with trt, one bodybuilder says run more HCG less test so your body doesnt get used to the oils and it is better for your prostate in the long run. everyones opinions seem to be different on it but I definitely want to try it for the sake of my balls

I use 25g to inject. I rotate quads, delts and ventroglutes. I would really discourage you from injecting your glutes. Twisting around to do that is a very awkward positio n. And their is a big nerve in the glutes that you do not want to hit.

I use 500iu of hCG every 3.5 days. I just mix it in the syringe with my testosterone and do one injection. Why do two injections when you can do one! You will hear some people say that hCG needs to be injected subcutaneously, but that's just not true.

I would not listen to your Endo or your bodybuilder friend. It doesn't seem like either of them know what they are talking about. hCG is standard therapy for someone on TRT trying to maintain fertility.

By the way, look below in my signature for a FAQs link. There is some great information in there about hCG and TRT.

Last edited:
I use 25g to inject. I rotate quads, delts and ventroglutes. I would really discourage you from injecting your glutes. Twisting around to do that is a very awkward positio n. And their is a big nerve in the glutes that you do not want to hit.

I use 500iu of hCG every 3.5 days. I just mix it in the syringe with my testosterone and do one injection. Why do two injections when you can do one! You will hear some people say that hCG needs to be injected subcutaneously, but that's just not true.

I would not listen to your Endo or your bodybuilder friend. It doesn't seem like either of them know what they are talking about. hCG is standard therapy for someone on TRT trying to maintain fertility.

By the way, look below in my signature for a FAQs link. There is some great information in there about hCG and TRT.

Where are you injecting? How did you learn? And HCG is ok to mix with Test? is it ok to extract HCG with the same 18g draw pin I use to draw Test? Thank you

you can mix your hcg with your testosterone but only if you take it right away.
but basically it is not recomended and you dont know what effect the alcohol in the testosterone will have on the ph of the hcg.
and hcg degenerates over time due to heat so you cannot leave it laying around.

To be honest. some basic education on injection is not a bad idea. I rotate sites as some have suggested and give those sites ample rest over a few weeks. Delts, quads, glutes etc are all sites you can use and being you have both sides, that translates into plenty of time in between injections. As one member posted, there are some structures you do not want to hit when inserting needles blindly into your body. Anyone doing such, should take the time to familiarize themselves with the act. Very basic nursing videos on youtube can help with this. These will cover not only where to inject, but also how to properly prepare site. Stay safe.

you can mix your hcg with your testosterone but only if you take it right away.
but basically it is not recomended and you dont know what effect the alcohol in the testosterone will have on the ph of the hcg.
and hcg degenerates over time due to heat so you cannot leave it laying around.

So as long as I load them both right before the shot we should be Good to go? I can leave the HCG in the fridge aswell?

I'm waiting for my endos to reopen

Where are you injecting? How did you learn? And HCG is ok to mix with Test? is it ok to extract HCG with the same 18g draw pin I use to draw Test? Thank you
You sent me a PM with almost the same question that I responded to. Since other people may be following this thread I am going to repost my answer to you here. Please note that you also mentioned being anxious about injecting so that is part of my response.

A nurse at my doc's office showed me my first time. You could also watch YouTube vids on doing injections. A lot of guys here (including me) do the Slow Push method instead of jabbing it in. I just tap around with the needle until I find a spot that feels numb compared to other spots. There are fewer nerves there. Then just very slowly push the needle in to depth. It will hurt a bit as it goes in but not much. Definitely won't hurt once you get through the skin. The advantage of this method is you can stop and back out if you feel it hurting when it's inside. I'm sure you have hit a nerve or blood vessel before and know what I am talking about. Anyway, give it a try and see if you like it.

I draw my hCG with an insulin syringe first. Put the cap on and set it aside. Then I draw my test with a 21g needle on a 3ml syringe (less damage to the vial). Then I twist the 21g needle off. Then pick up the insulin syringe with the hCG in it and inject it into the opening of my 3ml syringe with the test in it. Then I put a 25g needle on the 3ml syringe for my injection. That way I can inject both at the same time.

No... It doesn't matter which one is injected first.

Remember that oil and water don't mix. It will look like you have lots of bubbles in your syringe. But you really don't and it's fine to inject it.

Glutes are the worst spot to inject!!! Like I said before, I do quads, delts and ventroglutes.

Last edited:
Back