32 year old male 5 months Into TRT

Mikeyytee24

I’m 6’1 225 pounds around 7% body fat

I’ve been on TRT going on 5 months

Test cyp.5 ml E3D 200mg/ml

Didn’t take an AI for the first 3 months

Doc put me up to .5ml 3 times a week with anastrozole .5 3 times a week

Starting last week I was starting to wake up with weak elbows almost like tennis elbows and feeling very weak in my legs and calves where extremely sore. Extremely fatigued I would sleep for 9-10 hours still waking up like a zombie. I was worried about something wrong with my E2? Estradiol was at 56 before I started taking anastrozole

I’ve been on gonadorelin acetate in replacement for HCG but my FSH And LH levels have plummeted and now I’m afraid I’m sterile?

FSH 1.4
LH 0.2

Is this something normal to expect or is there a bigger problem with not having true HCG? Thanks in advance

Last edited:
You are taking too much AI. At your body fat % you likely don't even need it with your Testosterone dosage. E2 of 56 isn't that bad actually. It's not like it's 200 or anything. Anyway, the extreme fatigue and joint pain is a classic symptom of your E2 being too low. You can confirm with blood work. Get the Sensitive E2 assay.

I would recommend taking actual hCG while on TRT. It will keep your testicles from completely atrophying. But even with hCG, your LH and FSH will be shut down while on TRT. It is normal for those lab results to come in at 0. Even while on hCG. But taking hCG will help you maintain your fertility regardless of the lab result.

Later, should you have trouble conceiving, you could always do something like AI monotherapy or perhaps just use hCG and maybe even hMG if you rally have trouble conceiving. But lots of guys on TRT are able to make enough sperm to result in apregnancy so give it a shot before doing anything drastic like coming off.

Thank you for your reply me mega tron, also I didn’t mention in the previous post but I have a lot of elbow/joint pain where sometimes I can’t even pick up something 10 pounds because it puts too much pressure on my elbow feels like tennis elbow my hands are constantly going numb like pins and needles throughout the day. It started when I got on TRT 200mg/week. I’m curious if this is a side effect of high/low estrogen levels?

Thank you for your reply me mega tron, also I didn’t mention in the previous post but I have a lot of elbow/joint pain where sometimes I can’t even pick up something 10 pounds because it puts too much pressure on my elbow feels like tennis elbow my hands are constantly going numb like pins and needles throughout the day. It started when I got on TRT 200mg/week. I’m curious if this is a side effect of high/low estrogen levels?

The joint pain likely is. But not likely for the numbness.

I've had low estrogen before and it was like every joint in my body had shards of broken glass in them. Very painful and unpleasant. Obviously more testosterone and/or HCG is the way out, but a quicker way if you have some is to pop some dbol.

I'm sticking my nose where I probably shouldn't - but my take it you are taking too much testosterone and too much AI. Guys here will say I'm wrong, but my opinion is 200 mg/wk is beyond what you need for TRT and too little from a light cycle perspective. Kind of a worst of both worlds. And your new protocol of 100 mg E3D is 233 mg/wk, even worse.

For me personally it's a middle ground where it's enough that I need an AI (especially combined with 2x 500IU HCG that I take), which frankly is a pain in the ass. I hate AI's. I know they are a necessary evil, but in your case why mess with one at all - presuming your goal is only TRT.

I've found 100 mg/wk, shot E3.5D, combined with 500 IU HCG 2x/wk (I take 500 because I'm over 50, 250 might be enough for you) is enough testosterone to feel good, do just fine in the gym, and to have healthy sexual performance. That level for me requires no AI, which is a godsend.

You do what you gotta do, according to your goals. Meaning is it just TRT, or is it a light cycle? Do you want to be always messing with AI and the associated sides and PITA? Do you want to maintain testicle size and fertility? If so get real HCG.

I can't add to anything more than them and agree with scorob777. I was taking 200mg test cyp per week, 1 tab of my AI with HCG and by total test was double normal, free to double normal amd my E was even double normal with no effects since I had the right T/E ratio I guess.

100mg test cyp split to 1/2 every 3.5 days put me into normal ranges and my balls actually came back some. Not full sized but grew some. If I ever inject again it won't be without hcg and I won't push my dose unless I'm going to just cycle. If blood tests showings out of range then it'd out of range and a little above "TRT". Like driving fast on the interstate. ***55357;***56836;

Thank you all for your replies I appreciate all the feed back. I’m still trying to get my hands on some HCG because I live in CALIFORNIA and the FDA banned HCG. What a joy they are huh? I know I probably shouldn’t ask over the forum but does anyone know where I can buy HCG online? Kind of desperate my DR can not get it for me due to new regulations.

Back