5x5

eastarr69

Omniscient!
ok..i have been running the 5 by 5 on my bench for a bit now..a ran it yeaterday for my flat bench...

135x20 warmup
225x10 warmup
335x5
335x5
335x5
335x5
335x5

this week was a tad more work on work sets 4 and 5....but only the last rep on each..i have been progressing at 5 punds a week...

should i jump up 10 pounds next week since i only really worked hard on the last rep of the last 2 sets? or continue at 5 lbs...

e

solcraft said:
how many times per week do you run this?
- I think he is probably doing a Needsize's routine 5x5. Which is once a week generally.

eastarr69
I would say just keep adding only 5 lbs. One of the foundations of that particular program is the fact that you are adding weight each week, the actual numbers are less important.

Comes with an excel spread sheet to calculate where to start and how much to add each set, workout, and week. Its based on starting a little light then constantly adding weight.

only hit another 5 pounds, esp if you struggled on the last two sets.if you jump 10 i doubt you will hit the 5 reps later in the sets

eastarr69 said:
I ONLY TRAIN IT ONCE A WEEK. I TRAIN ONE BODY PART, WELL GROUP ONE DAY A WEEK. CHEST ONLY ONCE.

E

OKAY..HIT MY 345 FOR 5X5 THIS WEEK. PROGRESSING VERY WELL...I MUST HAVE BEEN IN A SLUMP..

THANKS BROS..POLUS I HAVE BEEN DOING SOME EXTRA TRI WORK AND MIDDLE BACK WORK..SO THAT MAY HAVE HELPED ALSO...

E

Back