6 weeks into TRT. Hoping my success can help others!

xplicid

Hey Guys,

I wanted to quickly take the time to share my experience with TRT thus far 6 weeks in and what I have been doing with success.

Quick back story, I started feeling extremely anxious in Oct. of 2014. Fatigue and depression later followed.. Soon there after I lost all libido and had trouble with getting full erections (extremely alarming at 28 years old). The volume of my ejaculate was almost non existent and would dribble at best after climax. Went to two doctors both with varying opinions. Below are condensed version of the lab results to reference their opinions. Doctor 1 said good to go, no issues with anything. Doctor 2 said all my testosterone was bound up and was half of what the low end of normal should be for free testosterone. Granted, he did say the test wasnt 100% accurate but noticed in his practice when those figures increased (% of free testosterone), patients sex drive dramatically improved. He also warned me it was tougher to treat this sort of TRT from his experiences but suggested a 3 month trial run of TRT to see how i felt. He mentioned my cholesterol might be genetically low and could possibly be involved with hormone production. I tossed this idea around for close to 6 months before submitting and trying. I have never done any form of AAS, so this is my first time with this stuff.

Doctors prescribed protocol, now 6 weeks in:
140 mg of test cyp. split into to 70mg doses, mon/thursday
250 units of HCG MON WED FRI (waited until a month of strait T before starting, only been doing for 2 weeks).
Armoasin to follow if needed. As of now, he doesnt want to add until lab results back because I do feel so much better

Now, its important to note that I understand my total T wasnt low but what I can tell you for certain is im very familiar with my body and something was off. Id go two weeks without ejaculating in attempts to build up some volume and distance with my ejaculate, with no success (only way I could decide if it was all in my head). People mentioned it was in my head, try SSRIs to get therapy etc. So, take what I say with a grain of salt.

Here is what I noticed:
After 1 week, morning erection in FULL force. Would have erections even after naps
After 2 weeks, much improved workouts. No strength increase but endurance improved in gym dramatically. libido slightly improving, erection quality slightly improving. no noticeable benefit in ejaculate
After 3 weeks, sleep improved, fatigue slowly subsiding, mood improved, anxiety cut by about half, loss of interest/depression slowly subsiding. continued improvement in erection and libido. no noticeable benefit in ejaculate
After 4 weeks, fatigue almost completely eliminated, anxiety about 25% of what it was, depression about 50% of what it was. libido full force, erection continuing to improve, ejaculate volume almost double. gained about 3 lbs
After 5 weeks/ HCG starts. Fatigue barely present bound with energy! (fucking amazing), anxiety about 10%, depression about 25%, libido fucking through the roof, super man boners once again!!! ejaculate volume 5 times that of what it had been and setting land speed records with ejaculate velocity!
After 6 weeks. Fatigue is gone, anxiety is about 5% depression about 10%, libido amazing, erection quality at 12 noon, huge loads, poking out eyes with distance on my load, about 6lbs heavier, 2% reduction in BF (ive been on a caloric deficit and still managed to add weight while losing bf.. bbing paradise!!)

I will soon be getting blood results back to check in with everything. Doc things my RBC might be high so ill need to be donating blood. He wants to make sure my free test has improved and may take down the total amount of test depending on what the free % is at. He is almost certain that my total test will be too high and ideally would like a lower dose. He mentioned it takes a higher dose to get the free % higher, so ill report back. I just felt obligated to share a positive story with Test. I am a very empirical individual, i believe in science and want to let those know who have been told its all in their head to really do their research. Im sure there are those who may believe this is all placebo but understand there are things at play (morning woods and ejaculate) that i have zero mental control over.

Cholesterol, Total 113 mg/dL 100 - 199
Triglycerides 62 mg/dL 0 - 149
HDL Cholesterol 35 Low mg/dL >39
LDL Cholesterol Calc 66 mg/dL 0 - 99
Chol/HDL Ratio 3.2 ratio units 0.0 - 5.0

Alb+TestT+SHBG+TestFW
Testosterone, Serum 596 ng/dL 348 - 1197
Testost., % Free+Weakly Bound 17.6 % 9.0 - 46.0
Testost., F+W Bound 104.9 ng/dL 40.0 - 250
Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum 46.7 nmol/L 16.5 - 55.9 01
Bioavailable + Free Testost.
Testosterone, Serum (Total) 529 ng/dL
% Free Testosterone (Dialysis)1.1 Low 2-3%
Free Testosterone, Serum 58 pg/mL 03
Bioavailable Testosterone, % 33.5
Bioavailable Testosterone, S 177 ng/dL

FSH and LH
LH 4.6 mIU/mL 1.7 - 8.6
FSH 2.6 mIU/mL 1.5 - 12.4
Prolactin 8.7 ng/mL 4.0 - 15.2
Estradiol 22.7 pg/mL 7.6 - 42.6

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. I'm in a similar boat but still feel like complete crap (extreme fatigue, brain fog, horrible sleep) even through I've been on 50mg E3.5D of cyp for 3 weeks now. My starting T was 190. I'm 39, 5'9" 160lbs. I switched from an endo to clinic doc that specializes in TRT/HRT. I just went in for labs yesterday, hopefully I should get the results soon - these will be my first labs since starting Cyp. I will post the labs once I get results.

Great to hear you are on the road to recovery!!

A couple points from your post:

1. What does Doc #2 mean by "bound up"? Either you are producing adequate Testosterone or your not. Are you Hypogonadal? Read the TRT overview if you have not.

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/testosterone-replacement-therapy/662394-basic-trt-overview.html

Are you posted labs from pre TRT or after your 6 weeks of TRT? Expect your FSH And LH to go in the crapper if you stay on TRT.

Side note: you can help raise your good cholesterol by taking Niacin 3-4x a day.

Good luck!!

Last edited:
1. What does Doc #2 mean by "bound up"? Either you are producing adequate Testosterone or your not. Are you Hypogonadal? Read the TRT overview if you have not.

High sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG). Take two guys... each with a TT of 600. The guy with an SHBG of 25 will feel that T level far more than the guy with an SHBG of 46. High SHBG, which he had, can make that reasonable T level of his feel low. Look at his free T...

SHBG should be a major player in any hormone assessment... but is rarely considered, or talk about around these parts.

-Jim

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. I'm in a similar boat but still feel like complete crap (extreme fatigue, brain fog, horrible sleep) even through I've been on 50mg E3.5D of cyp for 3 weeks now. My starting T was 190. I'm 39, 5'9" 160lbs. I switched from an endo to clinic doc that specializes in TRT/HRT. I just went in for labs yesterday, hopefully I should get the results soon - these will be my first labs since starting Cyp. I will post the labs once I get results.

Keep at it man, I know the doctor I found came through the life extension network, is covered by my healthcare and is consider PCP even though he specializes in HRT. 190 you must feel awful bro, best of luck to you

Great to hear you are on the road to recovery!!

A couple points from your post:

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/testosterone-replacement-therapy/662394-basic-trt-overview.html

Are you posted labs from pre TRT or after your 6 weeks of TRT? Expect your FSH And LH to go in the crapper if you stay on TRT.

Side note: you can help raise your good cholesterol by taking Niacin 3-4x a day.

Good luck!!

What Jimstigator said. There is another thing he checked, I forget exactly but I think ti was albumin. But all my labs were Pre TRT, just got labs done and will be getting the results shortly.

do you think I should increase the dose of hcg? Should help with the LH.

Niacin blows me up! the flush is real strong, will nianimcide suffice

High sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG). Take two guys... each with a TT of 600. The guy with an SHBG of 25 will feel that T level far more than the guy with an SHBG of 46. High SHBG, which he had, can make that reasonable T level of his feel low. Look at his free T...

SHBG should be a major player in any hormone assessment... but is rarely considered, or talk about around these parts.

-Jim

albumin is also in there i believe. Do you know of anyways to decrease SHBG? I know proviron and masteron are good at that but of course cause hair loss :(

Do you know of anyways to decrease SHBG? I know proviron and masteron are good at that but of course cause hair loss :(

Nothing practical. You line everything else up such as your thyroid, testosterone, estrogen, etc and it will find its resting place over the next few months. From what I have read, high is preferable over low if you are injecting T. You can always add more T to get over the hump of all the T being bound up. Many guys with low SHBG don't feel the benefits of TRT like they should.

And no - do not increase your HCG dose. You are too new to just start throwing more at it. Regardless of HCG dose, your LH will drop to 0. The dose is to be adjusted based on how much you need to maintain testicular function (size, firmness, ejaculate volume, etc). For me, 50iu every day works best. Most guys do 250iu twice a week.

-Jim

Last edited:
How is it possible for his LH and FSH to still be running? Is it due to low time on TRT, as mine slowly over 20weeks went from 10-20 HIGH to 0-0ish..

My testicle is small as a nut, and i am thinking about adding in HCG to get the feeling back. Also the feeling of sex is quite different, im not sure if it is due to low LH and FSH.. But it just feels different, and i have a hard time cumming.. Loads, alot not visiable.

But great post man. Very informative, with bloods, and good results GJ.

How is it possible for his LH and FSH to still be running? Is it due to low time on TRT, as mine slowly over 20weeks went from 10-20 HIGH to 0-0ish..

My testicle is small as a nut, and i am thinking about adding in HCG to get the feeling back. Also the feeling of sex is quite different, im not sure if it is due to low LH and FSH.. But it just feels different, and i have a hard time cumming.. Loads, alot not visiable.

But great post man. Very informative, with bloods, and good results GJ.

His LH and FSH will hit zero... there aren't really exceptions to this. Mine also took a while. HCG could help your testes problem, very quickly. Most guys report is fixes everything you just mentioned and then some. It did for me.

-Jim

Back