______Maintenance Mans Journal_______

Hey everyone, I decided to open a thread here for a complete progression updates. I have a 3J cutting log that I've started as well but will focus mainly on the dieting aspect. This will be much more detailed in day to day happenings, training, diet, cycle plans, and anything else to do with my progress. Gonna just copy the beginning of my other thread as my transformation is still in its infancy lol.

Starting a year long adventure with 3J and hoping to be another awesome transformation story. I'm 32 yrs old, 5'10" 234lbs as of today. I'm guessing somewhere in the 25% BF range. I'm aiming to get low enough to start a cycle again and not have to worry about my E2 going off the charts. Maybe around 200-210 lbs? Not sure what my ultimate goal is but for now its to cut A LOT. I don't really know what I have underneath as I've never gotten low enough BF to see. Last year I was down to 190lbs but wasn't lifting enough at all. I liked the size but not how I looked.

Now Its all about physique. I don't care how much weight I can lift. Its all about how big and ripped I can get.
Here are the 1st two updates that I added to the cutting log:

11/2/13- Just started the log but its the close of week 1 basically.

Had 3 days doing 3 miles of cardio. Bout 30 min each. Hit the gym 4 days and got all body parts. Tired and needing some ibuprofen for my knees lol. Well call it 234lbs. Could be less tmrw morning but not important.

Picking up some stuff for Austinite's weight loss stack but cant seem to find 100% EGCG. All I can find is 50% mixed with green tea extract. Is this normal?

11/9/13- Well its time to check in at the end of week 2. Still at 234lbs. Slightly tweaked my ankle on the damn treadmill early this week so no running at all. I hate those things. I always run outside and the one time I don't I get hurt. Serves me right lol. Really jonesing it for it tho as I actually enjoy it. I do quite often get that runners high and its pretty awesome. Should be back to it by early next week...I hope

Diet is going well. Getting adjusted to carb cycling. Not used to eating high carbs very often so its different. Even tho weight is the same I feel better. I feel stronger and more flexible. Seeing small changes here and there. Looking to get Austinites weight loss stack eventually as I know Ill be cutting for quite awhile Kinda enjoying this all natty ride without any supps at all. Hell I still haven't even bought whey or a multi yet lol. All food supplied nutes so far but I'm getting a tub tmrw. The only thing I've been taking is motrin for my damn knees. Gonna get some creatine and a few other things in a couple weeks.

I'm beasting workouts and people look at me like I'm on a cycle. I bet they think I am lol. Funny tho cause I aint lifting that much weight. Just concentrating on my form and the flexing of my muscles and repping to the point of failure. I'm getting so pumped even with out any damn preworkout but when I do take it...lovin it lol. I feel like I'm really discovering how deep I can dig here and focus in the gym. I've kinda ditched my workout partner that I was showing the ropes too so I could focus on my own workouts. Its paying off cause I getting real good work with zero talk. The only thing you hear from me is grunting lol.

I've been watching a ton of motivational videos ED. I love hearing the pros talk and watch their training sessions in the gym. I feel like I connect with Kai Greene in a way. I often come to thinking of his inspirational words or wisdom when I'm hitting the weights. I love how he immerses himself with not but a pot and a pan to piss in...AND still making it happen. Guy is a madman and I'm envious. I watch a lot of them but he's becoming my fast favorite. I'm getting to be a big fan of Cutler too. He's obviously commercialized tho but cool. Of course I've always been a fan of Ronnie.

That's it for now till next week. Hopefully Ill be a few pounds lighter then as well lol

Last edited:
First!

Definitely looking forward to this transformation. I can see a damn nice base in there brother. You're in for one hell of a ride as I have been on one of 3J's CKD diets and they do burn that shit right off! :bigok:

First!

Definitely looking forward to this transformation. I can see a damn nice base in there brother. You're in for one hell of a ride as I have been on one of 3J's CKD diets and they do burn that shit right off! :bigok:

That's cause you're a night owl like me lol!!

Thank you dude as I am as well! It shouldn't take too long to shed most of this fat. I'm pretty dialed in now and focused on what I want to do right now. I have a vision and ready to see it thru :)

Picked up my protein powder today at GNC. I was gonna try that place that had the banner but I guess Ill try them next. Had a good leg workout with my daughter today too. I was showing her around and giving her all the lil tips no one told me when I was young. She might be short but shell be damn fit lol

Last edited:
Good luck man. I will be watching this with interest as well. It will be cool to see the changes that your hard work and new diet plan will bring.

Good luck man. I will be watching this with interest as well. It will be cool to see the changes that your hard work and new diet plan will bring.

Thank you sir. I'm definitely working hard at it and can see a vision of where Id like to be. Its gonna take awhile but I'm not going anywhere lol.

Good luck MM... you have a vast knowledge, good base and couple those with your enthusiasm and determination, I'm sure success and the results you crave are only around the corner... I'll be watching this thread closely...

Good luck bro
BigBen

That's cause you're a night owl like me lol!!

Thank you dude as I am as well! It shouldn't take too long to shed most of this fat. I'm pretty dialed in now and focused on what I want to do right now. I have a vision and ready to see it thru :)

Picked up my protein powder today at GNC. I was gonna try that place that had the banner but I guess Ill try them next. Had a good leg workout with my daughter today too. I was showing her around and giving her all the lil tips no one told me when I was young. She might be short but shell be damn fit lol

Niiiice. I plan on doing the same for my daughter when she's old enough. I would definitely hit up amazon for whey before GNC though; it'll save you some bucks. ;)

Yeah, I really try not to be a night owl - but old habits die hard. :p

Good luck MM... you have a vast knowledge, good base and couple those with your enthusiasm and determination, I'm sure success and the results you crave are only around the corner... I'll be watching this thread closely...

Good luck bro
BigBen

Thanks a lot Ben! I'm really wanting this bad. I can see where I want to be and if I don't, who will right? :)

Good luck big man, you are gonna storm this.

Thanks dude I pushing for it big time!

Niiiice. I plan on doing the same for my daughter when she's old enough. I would definitely hit up amazon for whey before GNC though; it'll save you some bucks. ;)

Yeah, I really try not to be a night owl - but old habits die hard. :p

Yeah with her competitive volleyball career getting jumpstarted now that she's in her soph year of club, its everything I can do to teach her how to be better than the next. I'm gonna have her clowning the boys in squats by her senior year ;)

I usually shop around quite a bit before I make a purchase but this time I've waited so long pricing it out that I just didn't want to wait for it to be delivered haha. I paid $51 for 5lbs of Dymatize Elite Gourmet choc plus tax so I spent a few bucks more and sacrificed quality a touch maybe lol.

Its tough not to stay up late but I cant help it! :Party:

lets get this shit started!!!!!!

I'm on my man! Went out this morning to test the ankle and knees for cardio but it wasn't ready for running yet. Kept it to a speed walk for a few miles and got a great sweat and leg pump in. Its 300 carb day and I'm welcoming them after yesterdays Colts game and no beer lol.

My mind set is locked in. Its a way of thinking and I understand it perfectly. It was a quote by Rod Marinelli, the old coach of the 0-16 Detroit Lions, that said...

"I've always believed you stay in the tunnel and you keep digging when you expect no light. You have the same faith when you expect no light. You have the same belief in what you're doing when you expect no light. It's dark and I'm going to dig through. My shovel is sharp and my pick is sharp. And my will is outstanding."

Its a good Ology! :)

Last edited:
Hit chest today pretty damn good. I didn't take any N2Amp today and I can notice it lol. I stopped a few weeks ago as in the middle of every workout, it was making me nauseous. Been dialing down the dosage and it seems 4-6 is the right amount for me. 8 was waaaay too much lol.

Went shopping last night for food and was about to lose it when I approached the meat section and the chic breast were gone...but the protein gods were good to me and I found 15lbs :) Steak is still eluding my budget at the moment but chic, tuna, turkey, and tilapia will suffice for awhile. I've managed to stop buying milk. I didn't drink much but I love the taste of it with certain things. ONLY fat free tho lol. I can tolerate 1% but nothing else. Just know I can do without the added calories even if they're minimal. Everything adds up. Plus I quit buying cheese its!! Fuck those things where good and it was the last prepackaged item I would allow myself to buy...not anymore. I haven't been eating them lately anyway but I would always buy a box just to have in the cupboard.

So I'm starting to see good things happening here. #1 my clothes fit looser. That's always been my 1st answer to if what I'm doing for losing weight is effective. My arms and chest seem to be tightening up a lil bit more and the stomach as well. Obviously I'm losing some fat as I'm beginning to see more definition here and there. It all has me plugging in more and more to see how I can better what I'm currently doing.

Ill throw some pics in soon. Ill update my weight weekly and post pics monthly.

I'm with you on the milk, but I still drink entirely too much of it. Graham Crackers are my Cheez-Its, but I can't stop buying them because one of my daughters loves them. So, we always have those darn crackers in the house, and you know what goes great with graham crackers? Milk! I frequently find myself stealing my daughters graham crackers and washing them down with milk. Oh well, could be worse, right? I do manage to stay out of my pregnant wife's ice cream stash, so at least I have some self control.

Anyways, I guess my point is, nice work giving up the Cheez-Its! Now if my daughter would just give up those pesky graham crackers!

Oh man you guys just talked about my favorite snack which I haven't had in a while, graham crackers with some Hershey chocolate bar and a huge glass of ice cold milk. Damn now I'm fiending for it!

Things are looking good and it sounds like you are dialling down on the diet well. Keep at it bro.

You aren't cycling yet are you? Planning on early next year?

Good to hear you're feeling better, Maintenance. Working out while sick can be the pits - even lighter weight feels SO heavy!

Back