A little help from my brothers!

Anon44

So I need a little help/advice from you guys or gals that have been in this situation.

I can't seem to motivate while in the gym these days. No music does it for me anymore. Ephedrine or caffeine or any pre workout I've tried helps. It seems almost like a mental block or I'm just bored I can't figure it out. I go I have energy and I only seem to train just enough to maintain. I've switched up routines I just took a week off and again just a little while ago I go and a few sets in I'm like blah. The odd thing is this is the time of year I get excited to train because where I live we have like 8-9 months of cold weather.

We all have days when we don't feel like training or even weeks. but this seems to be the norm for me now.

I'd appreciate any input from anyone that has experienced this.

Thanks!

A week off may not be enough. One effect of my not being able to gym lately has been a yearning drive to get there!

Also, bloods. Hormonal changes can definitely effect mood and motivation.

Finally, best motivation I ever had was my cute young female workout partner. Nothing sordid ever happened and never would and yet, man did this old duff want to 'perform' for her

Hey bud how many body parts each workout. I ask because with my age it's really getting hard to keep the beast training. So I started to do only one (1) body part. Yea not so good for training each twice a week but it's a little slow down like a break.

For me if I know walking in hey this is quick and only one part and I'm out of here . I can go in and train so fvcking hard. Even working out for 45 min on one part. I'm slow. It's easy to do bi's and tri's together for an hour you know.

Just a thought, it's working for me, but ya know my status. Maybe do it for a short while and get off on the pump and hardness.

Good luck

A week off may not be enough. One effect of my not being able to gym lately has been a yearning drive to get there!

Finally, best motivation I ever had was my cute young female workout partner. Nothing sordid ever happened and never would and yet, man did this old duff want to 'perform' for her

Shit I would get a boner looking at the camel toe :elephant:

Hey bud how many body parts each workout. I ask because with my age it's really getting hard to keep the beast training. So I started to do only one (1) body part. Yea not so good for training each twice a week but it's a little slow down like a break.

For me if I know walking in hey this is quick and only one part and I'm out of here . I can go in and train so fvcking hard. Even working out for 45 min on one part. I'm slow. It's easy to do bi's and tri's together for an hour you know.

Just a thought, it's working for me, but ya know my status. Maybe do it for a short while and get off on the pump and hardness.

Good luck

I'm gonna have to try that. Ive been hitting arms, shoulders. Chest, back etc. maybe I've just been over doing it. I'll be 41 next week.

I'm sure a fine younger woman for a workout partner would definitely do the trick lol.

Try a new gym if that is an option or change your routine. I started doing a cardio day where I train on a heavy bag for 20 min, double end bag, then speed bag for the last 20 min. Then I go for an hour long bike ride. Also, training for a reason is motivating, whether it is a competition, upcoming vacation, fight or class reunion. Find a reason or goal for your training. If you are doing the same routine, at the same gym just to maintain, that could get boring. Kind of like being married.

Shit Anon...ah hahaha 41 I got 25 years on you :dance2:

Go in and do Chest only then if you feel like it hit shoulders or not. But mentally you are going in to do only chest. Go by feel if you want to do more, but knowing , Hey I don't have to do any more and get out of here. You will get it back again.

Try a new gym if that is an option or change your routine. I started doing a cardio day where I train on a heavy bag for 20 min, double end bag, then speed bag for the last 20 min. Then I go for an hour long bike ride. Also, training for a reason is motivating, whether it is a competition, upcoming vacation, fight or class reunion. Find a reason or goal for your training. If you are doing the same routine, at the same gym just to maintain, that could get boring. Kind of like being married.

I'm stuck hoing to the same gym and married ugh! ....:).

Where I live there not much for gyms and the gym I do go to there's not much lol. I'm gonna be getting back on gw50 today and when I used it before I trained like Rocky Balboa lol.

I have a guy I was training with but we are both stuck in our ways. More so I have way more experience and he thinks he's always right and most the time he's not. But I live in a college town and school just started so some hotties should be in the gym a lot.

I'm gonna take your advice and throw some cardio in. I never been much of a cardio guy, but I also could never get rid of that little bit of fat at the bottom of my belly. I'm gonns man up and start cardio Saturday morning.

Thanks

I'm stuck hoing to the same gym and married ugh! ....:).

Where I live there not much for gyms and the gym I do go to there's not much lol. I'm gonna be getting back on gw50 today and when I used it before I trained like Rocky Balboa lol.

I have a guy I was training with but we are both stuck in our ways. More so I have way more experience and he thinks he's always right and most the time he's not. But I live in a college town and school just started so some hotties should be in the gym a lot.

I'm gonna take your advice and throw some cardio in. I never been much of a cardio guy, but I also could never get rid of that little bit of fat at the bottom of my belly. I'm gonns man up and start cardio Saturday morning.

Thanks
Mmmm usually when I feel like this with training or life in general I just pick a night get drunk smoke and it usually makes me feel better sort of like a re set lol but in saying that I don't do it all the time lol seems to work OK

Even though I enjoy working out between gym family. Kids the responsibilities that we men face work ect everything can just wear you down to the point you need to drive to a mates get a bottle of Bourbon just relax and enjoy and let go

I would have the same thing happen to me every so often. If it wouldn't go away, I would, in the past, change gyms to change up the scenery.

Make the cardio something fun; not just being miserable on a stationary bike. And when I say cardio I simply mean an activity other than weightlifting that burns a meaningful amount of calories - Jui Jitsu, aerobics, boxing, yoga: think out of the box.

Go over to the darkside and try crossfit. Nothing like a coach prodding you on and loud music plus a sense of competition to get you going.

We just got a new coach who is a total hottie, and that helps too.

Question- other than not being motivated, how are you feeling? Lethargic? Drained? Do you feel like you have enough energy for your workouts? How is your diet? What's your macros at?

Question- other than not being motivated, how are you feeling? Lethargic? Drained? Do you feel like you have enough energy for your workouts? How is your diet? What's your macros at?

ThAts something I definitely need to learn more about abd focus on. I'm definitely not getting the right ratio of carbs fats and protein.

I would recommend working with a good trainer/nutritionist. I have someone that I recently started using that set up and is monitoring my diet for only $75/month. I have no problem with the training, but needed some accountability/expertise when it came to diet. I've been feeling fantastic, and my results have been very noticeable. Just make sure it's not some idiot literally handing out the exact same program to everyone.

Hey buddy , if you are looking at the hot girls in your town, shit you should see the southern Florida chicks U of F girls. .... ::wackit: Dammit man..... All the camel toes.... :insane:

Back