A May Straight From the Grill

beefeater

A Meal Straight From the Grill

Talk about keeping the dishwashing down to a minimum. The is very simple, quick, and clean.

Fire your grill up.

Filet Mignon, Flank steak, or Sirloin

Take the meat out of the fridge before you fire up your grill. This will give it some time to get the chill out allowing the meat to cook more evenly. Season the steak with salt and pepper. If your not worried about extra calories, splash it with some olive oil. This will prevent it from sticking and will give it some extra flavor along with browing it well.

Now get out 3-4 small red potatoes. Cut them in half. Leave the skins on. Toss them with kosher salt and olive oil. You may not use olive oil for the steak, but you will definetly need to with the potatoes. Just toss them in a bowl. Don't use a lot of oil, just enough to where they are evenly coated.

Grill the steaks 4 minutes per side. Do the same with the potatoes. Just put them cut side down. You will not need to flip these. When you close the grill it will take on an oven effect by keeping the heat in and recirculating it. So the inside of the potatoes will cook. After four minutes just flip the steaks, leave the taters alone.

Now when done, take the steaks off. Check the potatos. You should be able to pierce them with a fork. If so, they are done. If not, leave them on there for a second or two longer while your steak rests.

Now, get out some Romaine lettuce. Get the Romaine lettuce lengthwise, this way the heart at the bottom will keep them intact. Cut them into 4 pieces. Toss with a little bit of olive oil. Put the on the grill and cook for about 30 seconds. You want the lettuce to be wilted and slightly charred. When done sprinkle with kosher satl and black pepper. Now in a bowl whisk up some capers, found in the pickle aisle, red wine vinegar, and some spicy mustard. Whip this together until creamy.

Time to plate up. Put your steak on the plate along with the grilled potatoes, and the grilled lettuce. Drizzle the vingerette on the lettuce. Use whatever condiments your heart desires, even though your probably won't need any. A little ketchup is good with the potatoes though. The check some be nice and juicy. The potatoes should be crunchy on the outside and tender in the middle with a nice grilled smokey taste to them. The lettuce and dressing should be nice and dazzling. It should give you that zing your taste buds are looking for to complete this meal.

Let me know how you like it.

Last edited:
Hey guys, just in case you noticed or not I named this title A May From The Grill, it was an accident. I don't know what I was thinking. It was supposed to be A Meal From The Grill. My bad.

sometimes its hard to get potatoes truly soft from jsut the grill alone but the flavor from the grill is quite nice on a potato. so what i suggest is this grill the potatoes until they have grill marks all over them probably bout 15 minutes then place in hte over for another 25-30 min at bake 375.

Phil9999 said:
sometimes its hard to get potatoes truly soft from jsut the grill alone but the flavor from the grill is quite nice on a potato. so what i suggest is this grill the potatoes until they have grill marks all over them probably bout 15 minutes then place in hte over for another 25-30 min at bake 375.

easier to just nuke them in the microwave for a few minutes prior to putting them on the grill

Back