Acne

g1234

Shut up and squat !
My girl has strong acne problems, and she's not even taking steroids, do you girls know something that could help?

Thx for feedback

Proactive is great for bad acne. or she could just go to the doc and get a prescription medication. I had horrible acne through out all of high school and I used Diffren and it cleared it up quick and never came back!

There are so many options. First thing.....lots and lots of water! Clean diet as well.

Tanning is good for clearing up acne but it will cause premature wrinkles. When I tan I cover my face and neck and only tan the body. However as long as you moderately tan your face you should be alright.

Acne....a doctor will give you a tricyclic...light for light acne, stronger for worse acne.

There are also tons of cleansers...workout Barbie mentioned one that seems to be popular..proactive.

I suggest your girl takes some steps to prevent acne. Wear a headband and pull hairback when working out/sweating. Clean sheets and pillowcases frequently so as not to sleep in oils and dirt.

Wash face daily and have your girlfriend give herself weekly facials that include a mask, and a steam. Or if you can afford it go to the spa.

I find for me personally lots of water, keeping my hair off of my face and eating clean work the best. I also like Noxzema as a cleaner and use a toner when I have worn make-up that day.

There are so many options. First thing.....lots and lots of water! Clean diet as well.

Tanning is good for clearing up acne but it will cause premature wrinkles. When I tan I cover my face and neck and only tan the body. However as long as you moderately tan your face you should be alright.

Acne....a doctor will give you a tricyclic...light for light acne, stronger for worse acne.

There are also tons of cleansers...workout Barbie mentioned one that seems to be popular..proactive.

I suggest your girl takes some steps to prevent acne. Wear a headband and pull hairback when working out/sweating. Clean sheets and pillowcases frequently so as not to sleep in oils and dirt.

Wash face daily and have your girlfriend give herself weekly facials that include a mask, and a steam. Or if you can afford it go to the spa.

I find for me personally lots of water, keeping my hair off of my face and eating clean work the best. I also like Noxzema as a cleaner and use a toner when I have worn make-up that day.

Those are good suggestions if its acne caused by bacteria, but if it is caused by something else (ie hormones) a lot of these things wont help.

Those are good suggestions if its acne caused by bacteria, but if it is caused by something else (ie hormones) a lot of these things wont help.

I think you mean that some suggestions will not help PREVENT acne.

I think the OP was looking for ways to decrease/get rid of acne. All things mentioned in this thread by all posters will help to a certain degree depending on the individual.

However you are right when it comes to prevention of acne. Some people can follow the perfect routine and do every suggestion but still have acne. It's much much more difficult to control your hormones although not entirely impossible.

I know as a teenager and young adult I had horrible acne...it took me a long time to grow out of it. I even took accutane and while it helped it didn't cure all of it and accutane is harsh stuff. I don't recommend btw.

My reasoning for not taking accutane is that it is harsh on other organs of the body. I had liver problems. However I was young and I don't recall the dosage. At that age I would not have known what would have been high or low anyway.

If your doctor approves it and you trust him/her, it should be alright. I don't think most doctors will put a person on accutane unless it is a serious case though.

My reasoning for not taking accutane is that it is harsh on other organs of the body. I had liver problems. However I was young and I don't recall the dosage. At that age I would not have known what would have been high or low anyway.

If your doctor approves it and you trust him/her, it should be alright. I don't think most doctors will put a person on accutane unless it is a serious case though.

i think i read something that they(MERK)pulled ACCUTANE off the market cause of a lawsuit with something to do with a bowel disease.

You may want to see if she will get her blood work done. (a complete hormonal workup). Just like us guys, when on a cycle, if we don't keep our estrogen in check, what happens...? We break out. Women are no different in that manner. Your lady may have unusually high amouts of estrogen in her system that could be put in check, and if so, away goes the acne. Good luck to both of you. Its great that you are trying to find some answers for her, i'm sure she struggles with her self-esteem because of it and its great that she has your support.

You may want to see if she will get her blood work done. (a complete hormonal workup). Just like us guys, when on a cycle, if we don't keep our estrogen in check, what happens...? We break out. Women are no different in that manner. Your lady may have unusually high amouts of estrogen in her system that could be put in check, and if so, away goes the acne. Good luck to both of you. Its great that you are trying to find some answers for her, i'm sure she struggles with her self-esteem because of it and its great that she has your support.

I agree with this, however, don't you mean higher levels of testosterone?? testosterone increases oil production, which can mix with bacteria and form acne. I've actually read that increased levels of estrogen can sort of tame acne...but if i'm wrong please correct me lol.

Hey squats... I know where your coming from and i think there is always a bit of confusion on this topic.... I'll do my best to give some examples... When a woman starts her cycle each month, assuming she is on a normal schedule, it is often common that she will become moody, emotional, bloated, develop some acne, ect... These common traits occur do to a spike in estrogen at about day 14 of her cycle and then gradually taper off. But it is definitely estrogen that is the culprit.
Now, in men, while yes it is true that test increases oil production, it is actually the aromitization of the testosterone that is converting to estrogen that causes men to hold water, become moody, develop acne,etc...
That is why, imo, that running anti-estrogens through a mans cycle is so important. As it has been proven that if a mans estrogen levels drop to low, it will directly affect his muscular gains and negatively impact his libido, finding a perfect balance is key. So while i dont disagree with your theory of test producing oil, mixing with bacteria and forming acne, i believe that is only half the problem. As im sure you've seen, many male bodybuilders suffer severe acne and at the same time gyno is forming like it is going out of style.... Test+aromitization+lack of anti-estrogens= not so good things. Let me know if you think that makes sense. Thanks

Back