Additional back exercises?

alexb

Crimson Guard Commander
My usual back routine is 3 working sets of deadlifts, 3 sets of dumbbell rows and 3 sets of hyperextensions. Just curious if you think this is enough, sometimes I feel like I am cheating my back even though I hit it hard and am pretty tired when through. I was thinking of adding barball rows or wide grip pulls. Any advice?

switch it up, add some wide grip bents, delete the dumbells, and add some close grip lat pulldowns.

jcp2 said:
switch it up, add some wide grip bents, delete the dumbells, and add some close grip lat pulldowns.

How about chins or pullups instead of those lat pulldowns? ;)

you love those pullups frosty lol..Aside from deads im with jcp, the only other one ill add is t-bar rows

Rack Chins This Link has some information about rack chins if you don't know how to do them. In-Human provided a great link with a picture of hos to do the exercise.

Barbell Rows

Pulldowns

blackbeard said:
you love those pullups frosty lol..Aside from deads im with jcp, the only other one ill add is t-bar rows
I am sorry, i thought the deads were a given to stay, lol. I meant the rest. :)

What about good mornings? They really helped my lower back and my deads went up substantially as a result.

rubberduckyo said:
What about good mornings? They really helped my lower back and my deads went up substantially as a result.
good point..but i dont think youll see many BB'ers doing gm's..

Frosty said:
How about chins or pullups instead of those lat pulldowns? ;)
as your bodyweight passes into the 300s you tend to prefer pulldowns for some reason :D

Back